For the Red sox to win 100 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

For the Red sox to win 100 games

If the Red sox take 2 out of 3 in each of the 3 game series they play and take both games in Colorado then they will end up with winning 100 games for the year. Thus making this a 31 game turnaround and possibly have home field through out the playoffs. This is a possible goal to be obtained.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: For the Red sox to win 100 games

That would be cool, but in all honesty, it doesn't matter to me much. Having the best record in teh AL is significant for homefield advantage, but other than that, I just want people rested and ready when the playoffs roll around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Although home field advantage is important the sox have one of the better road records in baseball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I do not think that is their goal.  Their first goal is to clinch the homefield advantage outright and then rest as many regulars as they can. 

After this Orioles/Red Sox series, I am sure that the Orioles is rooting for Boston to do it before they face them on the last weekend of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

As much as I'd like the Sox to win 100 games for the first time since 1915 other than the post-war oddity season of 1946, I'd be outraged if they spent any effort whatsover on that goal.  Division?  Maximum effort to avoid 1-game playoff nonsense.  Best AL record?  Big effort, but not as important as avoiding the nonsense above.  But a silly milestone based on human beings having 10 digits?  Pass.  If we had 12 fingers each people would be gagging for a 144-win season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

If the Red sox take 2 out of 3 in each of the 3 game series they play and take both games in Colorado then they will end up with winning 100 games for the year. Thus making this a 31 game turnaround and possibly have home field through out the playoffs. This is a possible goal to be obtained.

Possibly??  Win 100 games,  and I can most assuredly say they will have home field advantage through out the playoffs.  They practically are a lock for this advantage already.  If we go 8 - 3,  Oakland(the next closest competitor for HF advantage) would have to go a perfect 12 - 0 to tie with us.  At this point,  we only have Oakland,  maybe Detroit to be concerned with in any way of inconveniencing our post season home field plans.  So,  root for the green & yellow to lose....  cuz the Rays, O's, Indians and of course the Yanks are no longer a problem.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Still dont think it will happen. Still say 97-98, maybe 99.

Sections
Shortcuts