For Theo and those who still worship Tek

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Re: For Theo and those who still worship Tek

Thank you for posting this thread. Finally, someone who understandsCool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

In Response to Re: For Theo and those who still worship Tek:
    [QUOTE]We lost last night because our presumptive ace gave up five runs and two dingers and Bard gave up a third dinger.    And we had 16 hits but just 6 runs.  Youk went 0 for whatever.  Crawford couldn't make it home from second on a single to LF.  Ellsbury got picked off at second (however, after Pedroia walked, largely because of Ellsbury on the basepaths, Gonzalez and Youkilis both struck out).   And so on.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    This sorry bunch of @ssholes couldn't win a game if their @ss depended on it Worse bunch of mis fit @ss holes I have ever seen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: For Theo and those who still worship Tek:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For Theo and those who still worship Tek : southpaw, Nobody wanted Tek when he became a FA and thought so highly of himself so he came crawling back to Boston on his hands and knees to finally accept the money he was actually worth.  To say most major league pitchers wanted Tek to catch them is crazy.  Tek has been fortunate to catch staffs other catchers only dream of and his experience in catching a good game comes from years behind the plate.  He has nothing else to offer any team in baseball and thats the bottom line.
    Posted by FarmFan[/QUOTE]

Id hardly say carwling back on his hands and knees. He signed on Dec 11th. Thats a pretty quick sign. Even before winter meetings. If he was crawling, I would think it would be in Jan or Feb. Tek has certainly fallen off a cliff this year, I dont argue that. Age has about caught up with our Captain. But last year, before the injury , he had performed very good in a backup role. There was no reason not to sign him up for 1 year to mentor Salty. They are playing Varitek more than they should be IMO. Tek is one of the smartest and hardest working catchers. Thats probably quoted a number of times by a number of different MLB players/coaches. If some of that can rub off on Salty, then all the better for the Sox. I hope one day to see Tek in some other role in the Sox organization. I think he would make a great manager one day. As far as the Salty experiment...Hes shown Improvement, but not enough. Im sure the FO will address it when they feel the time is right. At one point were gonna have to find a long term replacement. Maybe its Salty, maybe it isnt..We'll see soon enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Varitek will be back for the 2012 season.    Watch it happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO SOUTHPAW 777...I RESPECT YOUR VIEWS AS I DO MOST OF THE
    POSTERS ON THE FORUM, ALTHOUGH I HAVE A LOTTA CRITICISMS
    NEARLY ALL OF THE TIME. BUT...WHEN YOU SAY " WE'LL SEE SOON
    ENOUGH ABOUT SALTY" ...HOW LONG YOU WANNA WAIT ?????
    YOU WANNA WAIT TILL AUGUST WHEN WE'RE ABOUT 12 GAMES
    BEHIND THE YANKS AND RAYS AND SALTY'S BATTING .204 WITH
    14 RIBBIES. YES...I KNOW THERE ARE NO CATCHERS OUT THERE
    EXCEPT MAYBE FISK. [ JUST GOOFING] . WOULDN'T IT BE NICE
    TO PUT OLD CARLTON IN A TIME MACHINE AND BRING HIM BACK
    AS A 23 YR. OLD. BUT SERIOUSLY...THEO DID SOME LOUSY
    SCOUTING ON THIS ONE. SALTALAMACCHIA JUST CAN'T HIT...
    HE STANDS UP THERE LIKE A STATUE AND SWINGS LATE MOST
    OF THE TIME. MAYBE MAGADAN CAN HELP..AND I,M SURE KEVIN
    LONG COULD..BUT HE'S ON THE OTHER TEAM THATS TRYING TO
    BEAT US. THEO BOXED US IN ON THIS ONE, SOUTHPAW, AND IT'S
    GONNA BE TOUGH TO GET OUT. !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it has been frustrating watching Jake & Craw getting gunned down stealing left and right and watching the other team steal bases at will.....