For you mathematicians out there: What is the Softlaw salary/year ratio?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: For you mathematicians out there: What is the Softlaw salary/year ratio?

Give the specifics. 

Was it Guthrie $10M/2?

Napoli $20M/2?

Saunders $1M/1?

Bedard $1M/1?

Is that it?

When I make my suggested offers, I will say if it is below market or has no chance of happening. You pretend they will happen. Last year, you suggested we sign one of the 5 starters to a $1M/1 year deal. You had no contingency plans stated if none would agree to your 25% of market value offers. You clearly assumed one could be had at those ridiculaously lowball suggested offers.

While I realize offering McCarthy $22M/3 is an "overpay", I know that it is close to what he will realistically get.

Yiou know mny specific offers I have made on other threads, since you bashed all but my Guthrie and Saunders contingency plan offers. Why is it that you insist we keep repeating offers we have laid out on other threads, yet you refuse to lay out your offers again and again.

Plus, sometimes you claim you made specific offers, while other times, you deny you arte softy, and you did not make those offers, so let's hear 'em again?

mine:

1st choice: McCarthy $22M/3

2nd: Marcum $27M/3 (I'd actually sign both if they saidf yes, then trade Morales & Doubront and maybe even Aceves as well.)

3rd: A Sanchez $36M/3 (will probably not be enough, but I'd try this offer if we can't get #1 or #2 above. I would not offer sanchez this if we got Mccarthy and/or Marcum.)

4th: Guthrie $11M/2 (but only if we plan on trading Doubront or Morales)

5th: Saunders or J Sanchez ($2M/1 or $3M/2)

I would not even offer Hamilton, Greinke or Haren a deal. It would be too insulting to them.

I would begrudgingly offer Napoli $36M/3, but I do not think that will get him. (I'd trade Salty even if we don't get Napoli.)

I'd try and trade Ellsbury (for Romo and H Sanchez?) and if so, then try and sign:

1) A Pagan $18M/3

or

2) Bourn $24M/2

Bring on the hyperbole and lies.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think Softlaw only lowballs players because he is trying to break up the players union...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I make my suggested offers, I will say if it is below market or has no chance of happening. You pretend they will happen

No, I state where the value ends on some of the pipe dream palyers that others like you are chasing.

Needless to say, Gio/NL wasn't going to be any difference maker for the pitiful Red Sox of 2012.

My offers are on several threads, and specifically say they are value offers. Given what the Red Sox have, I'm made it clear that paying 25 to 50M market contracts for 2nd rate pitchers is a value bust and the internal options are superior in value and fit.

My budget for guthrie is 2 and 12M. I don't care if the market is higher, he's not any urgent need.

My budget offers 1 year and 2M for Saunders

My budget offers 1M MLB contract for Francis.

My budget offers minor league contracts to Bedard, Lowe, Wang and Harden on specified terms that don't exceed more than 1 to 2M guaranteed payments if one or more makes the MLB 40 man roster before the end of spring training

I trade Ellsbury and his draft compensation  in my 1000 times repeated trade offer that would involve a third team if needed (the rumor, and that's all it is, is that the DBacks want a MLB 3B, SS and SP), which doesn't matter if they net that in a 3 team deal

(Now that Ross has been signed for nearly double what his market was) I trade Salty, a bum, for a upper half pen arm. No way do I pay Salty 3M plus to reach FA.

I offer minor league contracts to Sizemore and Pods.

I go to arbitration and retain Sweeney.

I offer Ross 2 years and 12M. Ross's 2012 was Fenway smoke and mirrors for a part-time aging veteran, so he might find a fool who unloads more than that. In that case I budget up to 2M for R. Johnson to platoon in RF and some backup CF.

I offer the Tigers any 2 Red Sox prospects outside the top 10 from BA latest ranking for VMart, if they decline that, I offer Napoli 2Yrs @ base 10, if some fool pays 3 years or more. If I can't acquire VMart then if I acquire Napoli or not, I acquire Loney for 1 to 2M MLB contract and platoon him with Napoli or Gomez

My rotation for 2013 is:

Lester

Buch

Doubrant

Lackey (no time to sell this 3 YR 30M original contract value 2nd rate prima donna pitcher)

Guthrie or Sanuders or Francis or Tazawa or Morales (No problem if guthrie, Saunders and Francis sign market value offers elsewhere)

Depth: one or two from Bedard, Lowe, Harden, Wang (no problem if all decline minor league contract to get roster spot and MLB 1 to 2M contract spring training tryout)

De La Rosa, Webster and the best AAA peforming SP during the first half of 2013

That's 9 or 10 SP depth chart. SP FA and trade market is truly a joke.

Pen: Bailey, Aceves, Breslow, Bard, Miller, Morales and/or Tazawa

Initial lineup Pod:

Pods/Kalish/Nava/Ciriaco

Pedroia

Ortiz

J. Upton

VMart or Napoli or Loney or Middlebrooks or C Ross

Napoli or Loney or Middlebrooks or C. Ross

D. Ross or Lavarnway or C. Ross or Loney or Sweeney

Kalish or R. Johnson or Sizemore or Nava or Sweeney

Iglesias or Ciriaco or Kalish or Pods

[/QUOTE]

You failed to give the specific offer to Napoli. You know, the one that has zero chance of happening. Your VMart offer is another zero, so I'll chalk you up for a Loney/Gomez platoon at 1B next year.

Brilliant!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]

He claims that my offers are market offer predictions, when they are always value based offers. [/QUOTE]

I would have thought someone who claims to be a lawyer would have at least a little concept of how business works.  "Value based offers" or whatever you want to call them are meaningless.  Anyone running a business would fail miserably by using this metric.  If the "value based offer" is lower than market value it's pointless becuase it will not be accepted.  If the "value based offer" is higher than market value it would be stupid to offer that because you could get the same player for less.  Let me know if this is too confusing for you and I'll try to dumb it down.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]

Only a big dope would claim that value based offers never meet or exceed market value offers. You obviously don't have a clue, which is how Crawford and Jenks type of disasters happen to incompetent GM's.

[/QUOTE]
    Who claimed that?  I said it's bad business when they do exceed the market value.  So, you're saying that your suggested offers were suggestions of what an incompetent GM would offer.  I'm surprised you're admitting this.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Now, provide your specific plans for 1st base for 2013. If it's "trade for been hit in the head too many times career MN market Morneau" it won't be brilliant.

How many times do I have to post my plans for them to sink through your thick clown skull?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

So Guthrie got 3 years 25 mill. What is that 15 mill more than Softy predicted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Guthrie got 3 years 25 mill. What is that 15 mill more than Softy predicted.

[/QUOTE]

Softy's last call on Guthrie was 2 years for 12 mill.  So Softy's years were 67% of actual and his average salary was 72% of actual.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Softy's grasp of baseball economics and inflation is pitifully weak. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Kuroda got 14 million does anyone have Softy's prediction?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"There's a stooge on here who prevaricates to try and maintain his credibility"

Hmm...it's interesting that you are so insecure in your basic arguments standing on their own merits that you have to resort to emotionalism and name calling (stooge, dope, etc). Not exactly a ringing endorsement of your ability to reason your way through arguments, but a good example of what your character is all about (or at least your persona). Speaking of which, say hi to Trotter Nixon for me, I assume he is looking over your shoulder as you read this. 

This thread has contained quite a few devastating specifics - and not just from moonslav - that make it clear you are unable to contract a viable baseball team except in your own mind. Don't get me wrong you are plenty smart but it seems that your wallet is clamped together. You'll avoid spending that way, I'll give you that. But you'll avoid winning also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Softlaw - the George Weiss of BDC. Pssst! Free agency happened!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

AGon would still be here, for the notion that "he won't spend except for minor league talent". In addition, back in spring 2011 when the Dodgers were unstable, I said to trade for Kemp and, as a condition of closing the trade, offer Kemp an extension of 8 years and 160 million.

Kemp was not a value and fit at 8 years and 160 million. His value and fit was at 4 years 75 million. Just because the market brought him 8 years 160 million does not mean that is his true value. Let other GM's make such foolish deals which never pay off in the long run. Kemp is the face of a loser franchise which has won zero championships since he has played for them. Another loser face to go with the big loser Adrian Gonzalez who has also played for loser teams. Those two and their bloated contracts belong together in L.A. where the fans can't distinguish between reality and Hollywood fantasy.

The reality is that few understand that only a few MLB profiles are young enough and good enough and fit in the Boston market well enough to warrant external market value contracts.

WRONG! No player warrants an 8 year contract. End of story!!!!!!!!

Fans simply read the media(straw man bs) Oh, but like Yogi bear, you're smarter than the average fan.

You are wrong on Kemp and the rest of his career will prove it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

softlaw why would you advocate another hamstringing 8 year contract to any player? I have yet to see a team yet that doesn't want out of those type of deals early.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts