Forget Ells, the real problem ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Forget Ells, the real problem ...

In response to Potomac87's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

What's the difference between a 2-run single and a 2 run HR?

The winning hit was recorded as a double.

The poster didn't say they were talking about Ellsbury's hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Vacillation isn't what I do. Your mind doesn't work well. I said to give Ortiz a 2 year contract at the end of 2011. I denounced the 2 year contract offer at the end of 2012.

Is there any doubt that your next prevarication, years after their next contracts end, will be that you were in favor of extending these guys and now claim you are against it.

I'm not talking about at the end of 2012, and you know it.

During the 2012 season, I suggested we offer Papi a 2 year extension worth $11M each year with incentives based on PAs that could bring him to $15M in 2013 he topped out at 650+ PAs in 2013. He'd then have the chance to top out at $15M again in 2014 if he reached 650+. Otherwise, he could toip out at $14M with PA incentives in 2014.

You called me a "racist" for "lowballing a Boston hero". 2-3 weeks later, you suggested we offer him a two year deal- YES TWO YEARS- at $22M ($10M x 2) with no incentives. I called you out then for calling me a racist for lowballing Papi and then offering a lowe off than I had offered.

I have never said you wanted us to offer a two year deal after the 2012 season was over, so your continued constructing strawmen is the real prevarication going on here.

Name on player I was against signing or extending that I later claimed the opposite. Name on player I was for signing or extending that I later claimed the opposite.

There are none. I don't run from my mistakes. I have admitted many. Try it sometime. It doesn't make you any less of a man. You might even get a smile out of St. Peter.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You are a lying clown.

I'm still waiting for one example of me lying about a previous example.

I have given scores of examples on your flips and flops, including providing pastes of your actual past posts that state the opposite of what you claim you said back when.

From you...nada.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Still, no examples.

Not surprising, since there are none.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Funny how this thread has drifted away from the original topic, lack of good righty bats. 

Let me make it clear again, I think Pedroia is having a terrific year at bat and in the field.  He is indispensable to the lineup.  But the fact he is batting 3d underscores Farrell's dilemma. 

Yesterday's great win underscores the problem.  In the amazing 9th inning rally all the hits were by lefty bats--Ortiz, Drew, and Ellsbury.  Napoli once again went hitless in a game when hits were needed, and Gomes wasn't much better.  Best righty knock was probably Iglesias sac fly to deep left. 

That said, I think it is also fair to note this team has a terrific attitude, so I still like that thread about how Upton hitting dingers for Atlanta has "resulted" in wins for the Sox.  There is no connection of course, but the point is the Sox are winning without a solid righty bat (other than Pedroia).  Napoli was supposed to be one of those bats, but is mired in a slump.  Ditto Middlebrooks.  Ditto Gomes.  So lefty starters will continue to plague the Sox. 

Perhaps it went off topic because Roy invalidated the crux of your argument in the OP.  

As a reminder, here is how you started your OP:

...  are those weak righty bats, especially Napoli and Pedroia with RISP. 

And here's Roy's post:

Nothing wrong with your post except that the facts don't agree.

Pedey is batting .333 overall and higher (.339) w/RISP.

Napoli is batting .262 overall and is also higher w/RISP at .283, which is respectable. His OPS w/RISP is .877, which is also higher than is season OPS.

Some acknowledgement of Roy's point would be in order lest you look like Softy or Georom.   

8. This post has been removed.