Forget Iglesias, He Can't Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Forget Iglesias, He Can't Hit

Iglesias is 4 for his last 7.  So what does BV do when he finally starts asserting himself?  He sits him.  Got to play him everyday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This seems to be happening for years. Tito often sat the hot bat as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Of all MLB non-pitchers with at least 50 plate appearances, the worst two batting averages in all of baseball are as follows:

Josh Vitters    Chicago Cubs    .111

Jose Iglesias   Boston Red Sox  .125

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, I guess that means you think 50 PAs is really significant enough to make a definitive judgement about a player.

There are many excellent hitters in MLB who have 100, 150 and even 200+ PA stretches of poor hitting results.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, I guess that means you think 50 PAs is really significant enough to make a definitive judgement about a player.

There are many excellent hitters in MLB who have 100, 150 and even 200+ PA stretches of poor hitting results.

[/QUOTE]

Like Reddick who is hitting 133 over his last 90 at bats, who ADG is defending on another thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like Reddick who is hitting 133 over his last 90 at bats, who ADG is defending on another thread.

[/QUOTE]

At least posters who live and die by the small sample size should remain consistent.

(Not gonna happen, I know, because believing in small sample sizes is a precondition for having a lack of knowledge of the game.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reddick has 29 home runs and his team is probably going to the playoffs. He is responsible for that happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reddick has 29 home runs and his team is probably going to the playoffs. He is responsible for that happening.

[/QUOTE]

He is partially responsible and may be slightly more responsible for their early playoff exit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

What's your point?  The point is that 50 at bats isn't enough to judge a player and that Reddick is hitting 133 over his last 90 at bats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ADG has lost his credibility at least 17 times this posting year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New scapegoats are BV, Iglesias, Dice-K. Haters need someone to hate.

[/QUOTE]

Fenway, 

Speaking of haters, where's Trotter Nixon.  

Hetch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]

ADG, 

Reddick is responsible for that all by himself. How many innings did he pitch. Did he start all 162 games and be his own relief staff. Quite an accomplishment. I thought it took a roster of 25 to win games.

Hetch 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You've ruined my day. ADG was and is my HERO !! Second only to Trotter, Billy806 and of course my biggest hero Idiot204.

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, like saying they should DFA McDonald, DFA Punto, blowing up the team, getting rid of Youk. All good moves. Oh year, after everyone got excited about Iglesias and his 3 for 4, he's 1 for 15.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fenway, 

Speaking of haters, where's Trotter Nixon.  

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

hmmmmm....ask Enchilada.  i bet he knows.

hahahaha.  wink, wink.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Last 5 games.  0 for 15

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lavarnway and Iglesias are the Sox future...don't throw them under a bus just yet. But back over them at about 5 mph

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

This seems to be happening for years. Tito often sat the hot bat as well.

[/QUOTE]

The reason why is managers get way too caught up into the matchups and lose sight of the 
    what have you done for me lately hitters. If you got a guy on an 8-for-11 tear, my feeling is at least let them slide a game before you bench them. It's a confidence thing for veterans and rookies alike. Gomez had a 3-for-5 game in Anaheim, next day benched and not even used as a pinch hitter in the 9th when the Sox did almost zero.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

As for platooning? When the Sox show me they have hitters good enough to allow for a platoon, then let's talk platoon. So often, it was Darnell McDonald had to play because the team was top-heavy lefties. Well, gee, that's why you don't sign 6 lefty hitters. Anyway, now they have a mish-mash of non-hitters, so lefty and righty is equally pathetic. Good job by the FO.

Sections
Shortcuts