Forget the lineups . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Forget the lineups . .

. . . it's the pitching, stupid.  Five healthy starters looking pretty good.  sizemore v. Bradley just ain't that big a deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Forget the lineups . .

I wouldn't go that far. CF is an important position along with replacing Ellsbury's production. But you're right about the pitching. You have to like what you see overall from the starters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Very TRUE  !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. CF is an important position along with replacing Ellsbury's production. But you're right about the pitching. You have to like what you see overall from the starters.

[/QUOTE]

I'm exaggerating of course.  But I do think all the threads about Sizemore vs. Bradley are mostly the result of not having a lot to talk about.  Dumping Salty was a no brainer, and Pierzynski looks like a good fix with Vazquez poised to move up.    Drew unsigned is a surprise to me, but going with Bogaerts and Middlebrooks could be, as you say, one way to overcome the loss of Ellsbury from the offense.  In fact, if those two hit the way we think they can, the Sox could play Bradley in CF, bat him 9th, make him hit from the right side, and still win games. 

My big point is pitching was the key to last season, especially the postseason in which the Sox ERA was an insane 2.00.  Yes, hitting will always be important in Boston, but a slight drop should not be fatal when the pitching is this good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm exaggerating of course.  But I do think all the threads about Sizemore vs. Bradley are mostly the result of not having a lot to talk about.  Dumping Salty was a no brainer, and Pierzynski looks like a good fix with Vazquez poised to move up.    Drew unsigned is a surprise to me, but going with Bogaerts and Middlebrooks could be, as you say, one way to overcome the loss of Ellsbury from the offense.  In fact, if those two hit the way we think they can, the Sox could play Bradley in CF, bat him 9th, make him hit from the right side, and still win games. 

My big point is pitching was the key to last season, especially the postseason in which the Sox ERA was an insane 2.00.  Yes, hitting will always be important in Boston, but a slight drop should not be fatal when the pitching is this good.

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't think there will be a drop in offense -- at least in runs scored. Ortiz again is the key, and he needs to be close to the 30-100 guy he was last year. I'll take 25-plus, 90-plus from him.

But if Nava/Gomes, Victorino and Napoli do what they did last year -- all should be very possible -- and AJ is close to Salty, I think the Middlebrooks-Bogaerts combo at 3B and SS will outdo what Middlebrooks-Drew-Iggy did last year, which will make up for what the Sox lose in CF. I still think Bradley will be the CF and do OK, but it will be interesting to see how it ends up.

But if the Sox pitchers stay healthy, it will make everything easier.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I was a moderator I wouldn't tell people why their posts are getting deleted either.  If you can't figure it out, then odds are there is zero use in telling you because you won't ever get it.  The Mods can scrutinize as much as they want, if people don't like it then...oh well deal with it there are literally dozens of other Red Sox forums were people go to discuss.

Sonsofsamhorn

soxprospects

redsox.com

just to name a few.  Of course you have every right to come back here and continue to complain; it is a free country.  But just don't act like it is some huge mind blowing surprise when your posts keep getting deleted time and time and time again.  The same people that get their posts banned and at times get banned themselves are the same ones that come back and try to act like a victim.  No one feels sorry for you.

[/QUOTE]

Non sequitur?  ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

well that was an epic fail.