Former player Jack Clark accuses Albert Pujols and Justin Verlander of PED use

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Former player Jack Clark accuses Albert Pujols and Justin Verlander of PED use

Here's a paragraph and link to read the whole article from yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/jack-clark-accuses-albert-pujols-justin-verlander-ped-171518294.html

Former MLB All-Star Jack Clark, now a rookie radio host in St. Louis, is letting fly some bold allegations about two of baseball's biggest stars. Clark says he "knows for a fact" that former Cardinal Albert Pujols has used performance-enhancing drugs. Clark has accused Tigers ace Justin Verlander of using PEDs too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Former player Jack Clark accuses Albert Pujols and Justin Verlander of PED use

and you picked NOW to bring this out??...liked Clark as a player..but sorry Jack, given the subject...put up or shut up...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Former player Jack Clark accuses Albert Pujols and Justin Verlander of PED use

wow..........now all he needs is some facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

No facts to his accusations as of right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I know for a fact that Jack Clark used PEDs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I fail to see the purpose of Jack Clark making false statements. Like really, what does he have to gain by making this stuff up?

At this point, I hate to say it, but I tend to believe he might be right.

How many of the players we thought were for real turned out to be cheaters?

I think the only thing that's changed is players are getting better at using masking agents that can cover up the illegal substances in their bodies. 

Don't make the mistake that the players on the Biogenesis list are the only guilty ones out there.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

would not surpise me one bit if both those guys were taking ped's. Pujols always looked like a juicer verlander makes sense as well, that would explain his decline this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

The problem with Clarks statements is that he has zero evidence to support this claim. He's just trying to get people to listen to his radio show by throwing sh*! Against the wall, disgraceful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and you picked NOW to bring this out??...liked Clark as a player..but sorry Jack, given the subject...put up or shut up...

either one or both using wouldn't surprise me. In fact, i'm hoping in the case of Verlander that it's true. Can't stand the arrogant punk.

[/QUOTE] torgorocks,  i guess i wouldn't be surprised, but  willy nilly accusations  just muddy the waters all over again not to mention his accusations currently stand as unfounded

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

would not surpise me one bit if both those guys were taking ped's. Pujols always looked like a juicer verlander makes sense as well, that would explain his decline this year.

and look at the decline in Pujois. hmm, very interesting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I heard that Jack Clark changed his last name to Hughes and now goes by the name of Jack Hughes.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

either one or both using wouldn't surprise me. In fact, i'm hoping in the case of Verlander that it's true. Can't stand the arrogant punk.

[/QUOTE] torgorocks,  i guess i wouldn't be surprised, but  willy nilly accusations  just muddy the waters all over again not to mention his accusations currently stand as unfounded

[/QUOTE]

I also heard that Jack Hughes listens to a lot of Muddy Waters.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I would not be surprised, especially Pujols.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree that it is definitely possible that both of them used PED's.  I wouldn't be surprised if some professional baseball players are still using them. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/jack-clark-fired-radio-show-albert-pujols-responds-065726915.html

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch , former MLB All-Star Jack Clark and his co-host Kevin Slaten have been fired from their radio show on WGNU 920 after accusing former Cardinals first baseman  Albert Pujols  of  of PED use on their brand new show . Clark would also go on to accuse Detroit Tigers  right-hander  Justin Verlander  of the same dirty deeds, but obviously the focus immediately went to the  Pujols  allegations since Clark spent a good portion of his career manning the same position in the same city as the accused.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/jack-clark-fired-radio-show-albert-pujols-responds-065726915.html

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch , former MLB All-Star Jack Clark and his co-host Kevin Slaten have been fired from their radio show on WGNU 920 after accusing former Cardinals first baseman  Albert Pujols  of  of PED use on their brand new show . Clark would also go on to accuse Detroit Tigers  right-hander  Justin Verlander  of the same dirty deeds, but obviously the focus immediately went to the  Pujols  allegations since Clark spent a good portion of his career manning the same position in the same city as the accused.

I just heard about this on ESPN.  Pujols also plans on suing him.  I am not sure why Jack Clark did this but it appears that he is just making up a story and he has no evidence to back up his claim. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

From yahoo.com:

I just heard about this on ESPN.  Pujols also plans on suing him.  I am not sure why Jack Clark did this but it appears that he is just making up a story and he has no evidence to back up his claim. 

He may have been telling the truth the trainer told him Pujols did steroids, but it's considered hearsay, legally.  It doesn't mean it's not true, just can't be proven. That said, we'll see if he follows through on his threat. He may go down a road, he wishes he hadn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

From yahoo.com:

He may have been telling the truth the trainer told him Pujols did steroids, but it's considered hearsay, legally.  It doesn't mean it's not true, just can't be proven. That said, we'll see if he follows through on his threat. He may go down a road, he wishes he hadn't.

Morning J, the trainer has since denied Clark's account of their convo...maybe to avoid be pulled in, but has denied saying it just the same..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from modod. Show modod's posts

This the same guy who upon leaving the Padres accused Tony Gwynn of being a cancer on the team. Sure, he's someone to trust to have the true story. Right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Exactly. Wouldn't hold up in a court of law,  though I suppose the court of public opinion could be another matter.

If Pujols files a suit,  that would be  very interesting. Being that the burden of proof would be on Clark,  Pujols better be clean as my Aunt Shirley's house.

Sections
Shortcuts