Forum issues today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Forum issues today

Hi Sox fans,

I wanted to let you know what went on today with the forums.

We've decided to build our own forums and article comments instead of using those provided by another company. We believe that having that software on our own servers will give us more flexibility and control.

As part of that process, we are moving all of the data from the company we're using now to our servers. In order to make it easier for us to get that data, the company upgraded its software today.

Unfortunately, the upgrade caused problems: It messed up article comments on BostonGlobe.com, it took many of the forums offline, and it caused a few threads to disappear. After working all day to rectify it, this evening we told the company to go back to the earlier version before the upgrade.

It worked; On the Front Burner is back. Unfortunately, in reverting, all discussions started and posts added today are gone.

So, a sincere apology. I can't promise that more weird things won't happen as we make this massive transition, but our developers are working diligently to minimize the disruptions.

Thanks.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Forum issues today

In Response to Forum issues today:
    Hi Sox fans, I wanted to let you know what went on today with the forums. We've decided to build our own forums and article comments instead of using those provided by another company. We believe that having that software on our own servers will give us more flexibility and control. As part of that process, we are moving all of the data from the company we're using now to our servers. In order to make it easier for us to get that data, the company upgraded its software today. Unfortunately, the upgrade caused problems: It messed up article comments on BostonGlobe.com, it took many of the forums offline, and it caused a few threads to disappear. After working all day to rectify it, this evening we told the company to go back to the earlier version before the upgrade. It worked; On the Front Burner is back. Unfortunately, in reverting, all discussions started and posts added today are gone. So, a sincere apology. I can't promise that more weird things won't happen as we make this massive transition, but our developers are working diligently to minimize the disruptions. Thanks.
    Posted by BDCDottie

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

NEVER!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Forum issues today:
    NEVER!!!
    Posted by BDCDottie

Dottie the Hottie....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Cool Cool...thanks dottie

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Finally some one in a RS forum that says what they did wrong instead of making no comment or changing the thread.
    THANK YOU FOR SHOWING THE RIGHT WAY

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

trotter...yea, dont you love that business model???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OK.  Today, Tues, everything seems to be working fine. 
    Max

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Thanks BDCDottie. I would like to nominate myself as Head Moderator. I promise to rule with an iron fist and will show no favortism. I have a list already!

Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts