Found Out A Lot About This Club This Weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Found Out A Lot About This Club This Weekend

After taking it on the chin Friday night, in dreaded Arlington, to come back with two hoss outings from Lack and Lester and the offense dusting themselves off and making things happen - statement series.  After looking unresponsive and inopportunistic for the first month of the season, lo and behond, these Sox have the same gritty character that brought rings in 2013.  Great to see.  Man what a difference Victorino makes in this line-up.  Not predicting any future success.  But, taking that series in Texas, especially after falling victim to Darvish's pur mastery friday night, that was a great sign.

By the way, even though it hurt to watch Yu work his sorcery vs. our boys, that was pretty awesome to watch.  I love this new generation of Japanese masters who have come stateside with twisted skills and a hoss attitude to match.  Darvish.  Tanaka.  Koji.  Matsuzaka was like the sacrificial lamb for the New Generation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Found Out A Lot About This Club This Weekend

Good insight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Good insight

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sarcasm?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Bad series for the crybaby fans. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I thought about checking in on Friday night, just to see the horrow show of whining and judgement, but then thought better of it.  Glad my better sense and the 3rd whiskey won out.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

After taking it on the chin Friday night, in dreaded Arlington, to come back with two hoss outings from Lack and Lester and the offense dusting themselves off and making things happen - statement series.  After looking unresponsive and inopportunistic for the first month of the season, lo and behond, these Sox have the same gritty character that brought rings in 2013.  Great to see.  Man what a difference Victorino makes in this line-up.  Not predicting any future success.  But, taking that series in Texas, especially after falling victim to Darvish's pur mastery friday night, that was a great sign.

By the way, even though it hurt to watch Yu work his sorcery vs. our boys, that was pretty awesome to watch.  I love this new generation of Japanese masters who have come stateside with twisted skills and a hoss attitude to match.  Darvish.  Tanaka.  Koji.  Matsuzaka was like the sacrificial lamb for the New Generation.

You are funny !! Come back when they start another loseing streak and tell us know how things are so great .Hold your ( I FOUND OUT ALOT ABOUT THIS TEAM ) until you really do see them continue to play good solid baseball and then that statement would mean so much more. Acouple wins does not mean you found out how much better they are. Don't forget HOUSTON won a couple games in a row.... ANYTHING YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THEM ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I thought about checking in on Friday night, just to see the horrow show of whining and judgement, but then thought better of it.  Glad my better sense and the 3rd whiskey won out.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

Save to say the AL34s and ADGs of the board wont be here until at least late Tues night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

You are funny !! Come back when they start another loseing streak and tell us know how things are so great .Hold your ( I FOUND OUT ALOT ABOUT THIS TEAM ) until you really do see them continue to play good solid baseball and then that statement would mean so much more. Acouple wins does not mean you found out how much better they are. Don't forget HOUSTON won a couple games in a row.... ANYTHING YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THEM ?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Gee, you seem really upset about those wins.

Not what you expected?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

After taking it on the chin Friday night, in dreaded Arlington, to come back with two hoss outings from Lack and Lester and the offense dusting themselves off and making things happen - statement series.  After looking unresponsive and inopportunistic for the first month of the season, lo and behond, these Sox have the same gritty character that brought rings in 2013.  Great to see.  Man what a difference Victorino makes in this line-up.  Not predicting any future success.  But, taking that series in Texas, especially after falling victim to Darvish's pur mastery friday night, that was a great signby the way, even though it hurt to watch Yu work his sorcery vs. our boys, that was pretty awesome to watch.  I love this new generation of Japanese masters who have come stateside with twisted skills and a hoss attitude to match.  Darvish.  Tanaka.  Koji.  Matsuzaka was like the sacrificial lamb for the New GenerationYou are funny !! Come back when they start another loseing streak and tell us know how things are so great .Hold your ( I FOUND OUT ALOT ABOUT THIS TEAM ) until you really do see them continue to play good solid baseball and then that statement would mean so much more. Acouple wins does not mean you found out how much better they are. Don't forget HOUSTON won a couple games in a row.... ANYTHING YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THEM ?

Gee, you seem really upset about those wins.

Not what you expected?

Winning 6 of 10 and 4 of the last 5 isn't good enough I guess?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[/QUOTE]

No thank Don.  I will save my cyber breath.  I am sure you will teach us all about it if and when they string together some losses. 

Also, 'a couple wins' is a typically myopic lack of interpretation.  Didn't think I had to spell it out.  You may have been too busy being surly and upset to notice, but the Sox have been playing pretty good ball the last couple/few weeks.  After the A's series last week, it seemed clear they had woken up from the early season fog.  So, in my mind, the Texas series loomed as a real test to see just how awake they were.   So, yeah, I learned something this weekend, but not based soley on this series.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

dem straight!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Too bad China doesn't have baseball program, if Japan has 3 good ones, China would have 3,000.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We need to keep it all in perspective. The club has been playing much better ball of late. Finally got back over .500.   Hopefully, this is the starting point for the race to the top. However, keep in mind that we are in third place, two games out with a 19-18 record. Something like the 11th or 12th best record..Nothing to write home about.  I don't think too many thought that this was a lousy team. Let's hope we continue to play good baseball. That should result in more wins and a better fan outlook.  Many Sox fans tend to overreact to every win or loss. We always have some who will despair over a couple of losses. And some who will crow over every couple of wins. Nothing wrong with any of that, but we do need to keep it in perspective. The season to date has been mostly mediocre. But there are definite signs of a turn around. Stay tuned.

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

pitching boys.  pitching, pitching, and some pitching.  the hits are going to come.  players usually reach their avg.  that's why it's called "average".  alot of hitting to come.  time to hammer out some consistent 2 out of 3's.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It was a good start, but something has still got to be done about Bogaerts and Bradley. Sign Drew, bring back Nava---something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

It was a good start, but something has still got to be done about Bogaerts and Bradley. Sign Drew, bring back Nava---something.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Carp, Vic, Gomes, AJ P, Grady, Nava and others all have a worse OBP than JBJ.

Add Middy and JBJ to the list of those worse than Bogey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

pitching boys.  pitching, pitching, and some pitching.  the hits are going to come.  players usually reach their avg.  that's why it's called "average".  alot of hitting to come.  time to hammer out some consistent 2 out of 3's.....

[object HTMLDivElement]

I feel better with strong pitching and weak hitting so far over the opposite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

True Moon, and do you see what is happening to the Yankee starters?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I have found out more about this team in the first 37 games than in the last three. Right now we are TENTH in runs scored and FIFTH in ERA in the AL. That tells me we are, in general, struggling to score runs but our pitching has been decent. Breaking it down further, our SP is SIXTH in ERA; our pen is SECOND in ERA. We have three very solid SP plus two #5-6 SP, and that has to change. To improve this team we need to find a way to 1. score more runs and 2. eliminate one #5-6 SP, either through improvement of the existing staff or via demotion.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

While I would love to believe that this series taught us alot about "what this team is made of," I don't think we've found out anything other than they are an mlb team and as capable as any other team of winning 2 in a row.  

Looking at the stat book tells a different story altogether.  We all know that the batting stats are beyond anemic for the season.  The splits are the real story,.  While we hit OK in games 2 & 3, if you look at the last 7 games, 10 games, or the last 30 games, we are getting worse as a team.  THE ONLY GUY ON THIS TEAM showing a vertical positively sloping trend line is Pedey.  THE ONLY GUY!  PERIOD!   Every othe guy is sloping downward!

Facts are troubling things!

Please spare me the negative Nancy BS.  I take second place to noone on rooting for THIS TEAM, but unlike most on here I'm not affraid to call it like it IS.  It doesn't mean I'm throwing in the towel, just accurately stating the FACTS about our bats.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Looking at the stat book tells a different story altogether.  We all know that the batting stats are beyond anemic for the season.  The splits are the real story,.  While we hit OK in games 2 & 3, if you look at the last 7 games, 10 games, or the last 30 games, we are getting worse as a team.  THE ONLY GUY ON THIS TEAM showing a vertical positively sloping trend line is Pedey.  THE ONLY GUY!  PERIOD!   Every othe guy is sloping downward! 

I'm not even sure exactly how you're figuring this, but I'd like to point out that Ortiz has a .977 OPS in May.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Victorino is a key guy for sure. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

I'm not even sure exactly how you're figuring this, but I'd like to point out that Ortiz has a .977 OPS in May.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Is that what he meant when he said 'facts were troubling things'?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I have found out more about this team in the first 37 games than in the last three. Right now we are TENTH in runs scored and FIFTH in ERA in the AL. That tells me we are, in general, struggling to score runs but our pitching has been decent. Breaking it down further, our SP is SIXTH in ERA; our pen is SECOND in ERA. We have three very solid SP plus two #5-6 SP, and that has to change. To improve this team we need to find a way to 1. score more runs and 2. eliminate one #5-6 SP, either through improvement of the existing staff or via demotion.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not for nothing, but don't you generally to this approximate opinion every year?

Sections
Shortcuts