Four Players May Be Facing 50 Game Suspensions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Four Players May Be Facing 50 Game Suspensions

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

throwing a question out to the board...even if true, why take that long, you have a guy allegedly(sp) pushing a story about failed tests, wouldn't you think that the league(along with the essentiall personnel) would know about said test results??... 

i wiould imagine they get all their ducks in a row and make sure they have all the bases covered (especially after the Braun incident) which is why it takes so long after the initial positive test..

also, i asked a similar question on the Braun matter.... let me see if i can find the thread.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/ryan-braun/100/6549000

thanks mef..

Looking around other sites, no one else has touched this story, pretty much being ignored and has been out there since early last evening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If it was credible it would have been picked up by ESPN or the MLB network.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to xdrive's comment:

i will LOL really really hard if this comes true

Ditto that!!   ;>)

wouldn't this "technically" be # 2 for Braun...he wasn't exactly exonerated the first time around??... 

That would be "double jeopardy" Jete...  would it not?  Can't be tried twice for the same crime.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You would think if Cano saw it coming he would have jumped at the first offer from the Yankees.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

http://sportsjerks.net/2013/03/04/a-rod-curtis-granderson-robinson-cano-ryan-braun-peds-suspension/

another article on the subject. nothing new, but it does confirm that all players involved would get a 50 game ban for a first time offense (braun included). and also looks at the effects it would have on the yankee roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Sportsgrid and Sportsjerks huh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Texeria  was also just scratched from the WBC with an arm injury, no idea how serious it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

Texeria  was also just scratched from the WBC with an arm injury, no idea how serious it is.

7-10 days i hear. nothing serious

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I don't know why everyone would be so surprised by Granderson. He's not a big guy and hits for a LOT of power. I'm less surprised by him than my Cano who has a seemingly natural build for his output.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

ehh....everytime Cano came up to bat I would say out loud.."Cano will beat you"...and he often did.  was it PED's?  Don't know, but if you are a Red Sox fan, you are silently hoping.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

granderson does not surprise me one bit, look at how his home run number have jumped up the past 2 years, 4 of his first 5 years as a full time player he had 24 or less homers per, his most on detroit was 30. He had 24 for the yanks in his first season there and then jumped up to 40+ the last 2 years. Cano does overly suprise me but given his build he should have good power. (mind you ryan sweeney is pretty big but cant hit a homer if his life depended on it) A-rod should be suspeneded more than 50 games, more like the whole season. Braun should be more than 50 as well, but since he wasnt technically caught last time, technically this is his first offence. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i agree, i am less surprised about seeing Granderson on there than i am about seeing Cano. If this does turn out to be true then he will be wishing he accepted that 200Mil offer the yanks gave him not too long ago...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

ehh....everytime Cano came up to bat I would say out loud.."Cano will beat you"...and he often did.  was it PED's?  Don't know, but if you are a Red Sox fan, you are silently hoping.

Um, ok.  I am searching for the best response here ... maybe ... yessss, Robinson Cano ..is ... a very ... good baseball player ... ???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

disappointed in Cano if this is true - he is a great player - i wanted to believe it was just talent/skill...

at least pedey is clean

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Yankees are aging.

Aging, and with bones brittle as plaster of paris.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The article does cite the source as being a month ahead of the game with the Melky Cabrera suspension.

Then again, I could also very easily write a blog and credit myself as being a month ahead with the Melky Cabrera suspension.  No points awarded for predicting the past.   Anyone follow that guy and see if his tweets were legit?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The article does cite the source as being a month ahead of the game with the Melky Cabrera suspension.

Then again, I could also very easily write a blog and credit myself as being a month ahead with the Melky Cabrera suspension.  No points awarded for predicting the past.   Anyone follow that guy and see if his tweets were legit?

i am not a part of twitter.... was thinking about it to converse with sports writers and even players but i can't bring myself to do it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:

I don't know why everyone would be so surprised by Granderson. He's not a big guy and hits for a LOT of power. I'm less surprised by him than my Cano who has a seemingly natural build for his output.

the no surprise about cano comes from

guilt by association  as much as  anything else

he's from the DR, best friends w/ melky and both hung out with arod

granderson on the other hand has /had a rep as one of the best people in the game

true his HR spiked the last 2 yrs

but so did his K's IMO a case could be made that

he changed his swing towards going for the long ball 24/7

but who knows

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hank Aaron was 6' 180 lbs. Granderson is 6' 1" 195 lbs.

Roger Maris was 6' 197 lbs.

Granderson is not a small man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

disappointed in Cano if this is true - he is a great player - i wanted to believe it was just talent/skill...

at least pedey is clean

You assume he is, Geo, no more.  If you disagree, explain how you know he is clean.

The comedy of the PED issue to me is the assumptions people make based on size, performance changes, where they played, etc.  Of course we can all see smoking guns, but sometimes people - Koufax? - suddenly figure it out.

The tragedy to me is that while I don't assume cheating and never did, I don't assume innocence anymore...how can you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

at least pedey is clean

You assume he is, Geo, no more.  If you disagree, explain how you know he is clean.

The comedy of the PED issue to me is the assumptions people make based on size, performance changes, where they played, etc.  Of course we can all see smoking guns, but sometimes people - Koufax? - suddenly figure it out.

The tragedy to me is that while I don't assume cheating and never did, I don't assume innocence anymore...how can you?

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Ditto that!!   ;>)

wouldn't this "technically" be # 2 for Braun...he wasn't exactly exonerated the first time around??... 

That would be "double jeopardy"Jete...  would it not?  Can't be tried twice for the same crime.

hey MB, yeah i guess you're right, guess a reprieve is a reprieve no matter how it comes...still not sold on his original accounting of the facts tho..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Ditto that!!   ;>)

That would be "double jeopardy"Jete...  would it not?  Can't be tried twice for the same crime.

hey MB, yeah i guess you're right, guess a reprieve is a reprieve no matter how it comes...still not sold on his original accounting of the facts tho..

Jetes! what in the name of the wild wild world of sports is going on with yer ballteam bro? I just saw that your GM broke his ankle down in fla from sky diving.......... WTF???????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If true could this be used as ammo for NYY to invalidate Arod's contract????