FoxSports:BoSox need to face reality, fix rotation-Silva/Cook not a viable path to October-Bobby V deserves the tools to Yankees!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Re: FoxSports:BoSox need to face reality, fix rotation-Silva/Cook not a viable path to October-Bobby V deserves the tools to ...

This article should also be read so that our fans can be more optimistic.

http://firebrandal.com/2012/01/19/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-2012-red-sox/

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: FoxSports:BoSox need to face reality, fix rotation-Silva/Cook not a viable path to October-Bobby V deserves the tools to ...

In Response to Re: FoxSports:BoSox need to face reality, fix rotation-Silva/Cook not a viable path to October-Bobby V deserves the tools to Yankees!:
    This article should also be read so that our fans can be more optimistic. http://firebrandal.com/2012/01/19/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-2012-red-sox/
    Posted by LadyLake

Who the hell is Troy Patterson? The Red Sox are the best team on paper? I guess if we were playing paper dolls, that would be ok....... sounds like a homer to me.
    Is this the same guy that writes for NPR?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The article is not without merit.  However, it implies that Buchholz will struggle because  he was injured last year, and it also makes no mention of the fact that much of the rotation's bloated ERA was due to one Mr. John Lackey, who will not be grimacing on the mound this year.  

There is much unknown, of course, in D. Bard and a fifth-to-be-named-later.  But, whether or not the rotation is sound, it may already be better than last years'.

That being said, sure, I'd take Oswalt for one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

In Response to Re: FoxSports:BoSox need to face reality, fix rotation-Silva/Cook not a viable path to October-Bobby V deserves the tools to Yankees!:
    This article should also be read so that our fans can be more optimistic. http://firebrandal.com/2012/01/19/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-2012-red-sox/
    Posted by LadyLake

finally some positive outlook, I thought all Red Sox fan's were devoid of all happyness especially on this board. Anyways, I think we should hold judgment on these pitchers until spring training, which will give us a better idea of what we are looking at.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think the Sox rotation/starter situation is slightly worse than entering the 2011 season.  But they are essentially taking the same approach as they did last year.  I think their BP is slightly better, or at least it has more depth.

Beckett/Buch/Lester/Bard should be expected to spend time on the DL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: FoxSports:BoSox need to face reality, fix rotation-Silva/Cook not a viable path to October-Bobby V deserves the tools to Yankees! : finally some positive outlook, I thought all Red Sox fan's were devoid of all happyness especially on this board. Anyways, I think we should hold judgment on these pitchers until spring training, which will give us a better idea of what we are looking at.
    Posted by myaim45

ST is a time is nothing more than a time to look at the prospects, and for the Hitters to get back their timing.
    It can hardly be used to teach BP guys to be starter guys. Nor can it be used to guage effectiveness of the reclamation projects, since they will only face other prospects trying to make their respective clubs, and will only pitch a few innings anyway.
    I guess health would be the only thing that can be guaged in ST.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Ryan Vogelsong 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

I gotta strongly disagree with this article did they really just compare the Yankees rotation to the glory days of the Braves. This article is discredited just for that. Is CC an Ace and a number one yes of course. Does Pineda have potential yes! Did Nova impress me yes! Kuroda was a good deal but it will be intersting in how it turns out. Burnett Nuff said. Honestly Id take the sox first starting three over the Yankees any day of the week. Now Tampa Bay on the other hand....

Sections
Shortcuts