Francoeur

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Francoeur

Watch him throw out Rizzo last night! Not since Evans has a Sox OF made a throw like this.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16384265

I have liked Cam and Drew and have been hard on Reddick and Francoeur, but the team would be better going forward with a Reddick/Francoeur platoon.

Francoeur has been awesome vs LHP for 2.5 years.  1.050, .805, .877.  Plus he has had great UZR numbers in RF the last 1.5 seasons.

KC is out of it, Theo make it happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Francoeur

There is reason why no one but you wants this guy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It may happen sooner than the deadline.

He has a career .837 OPS vs LHPs, and as tom pointed out, even better recently.

Here are Jeff's pro-rated numbers vs LHPs for a 635 PA season vs LHPs only:

.301/.345/.492/.837

24 HRs  96 RBIs and 37 2B/3Bs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Francoeur:
    Watch him throw out Rizzo last night! Not since Evans has a Sox OF made a throw like this. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16384265 I have liked Cam and Drew and have been hard on Reddick and Francoeur, but the team would be better going forward with a Reddick/Francoeur platoon. Francoeur has been awesome vs LHP for 2.5 years.  1.050, .805, .877.  Plus he has had great UZR numbers in RF the last 1.5 seasons. KC is out of it, Theo make it happen.
    Posted by tom-uk

The question is: What would KC be interested in getting in return, and who might the Red Sox have to offer? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yes! Yes!  We're back to wanting washed-up ex-Braves!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Francoeur:
    Yes! Yes!  We're back to wanting washed-up ex-Braves!
    Posted by krismk

Yes the yankees have one of those washed up Braves... A Jones

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I mentioned Francoeur in an earlier thread and he really is the perfect fit.  Plus he loves the Red Sox.

The problem is that I'm assuming KC would ask for Reddick or Kalish in return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The question is: What would KC be interested in getting in return, and who might the Red Sox have to offer? 

We are loaded with far-away prospects: a perfect fit for KC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The question is: What would KC be interested in getting in return, and who might the Red Sox have to offer?  We are loaded with far-away prospects: a perfect fit for KC.
    Posted by moonslav59

True.  KC appears to be on the verge of breaking out in the next year or two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, KC has a loaded farm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

This isn't a move, it's a dumpster dive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd rather KC keep him... Drew can still field. If we are not going to get a stud than we may as well lie low.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'd rather KC keep him... Drew can still field. If we are not going to get a stud than we may as well lie low.
    Posted by BurritoT

We are not going to get a stud based on the limited payroll flexibility.  Francoeur seems to be the limit for the caliber of player they're able to get.  He'd be a huge upgrade over Drew.  He can hit lefties and has more pop.  That and I think he can bring energy to this team, something they need.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If this team at this payroll is lacking energy someone should be fired.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This isn't a move, it's a dumpster dive.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman

So were DMac and BHall, but they worked for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Francoeur     was   a  high school hero in baseball and football --  Playing for the Braves he was    just  down the road from home,  but had issues with the club.

His HR production peaked in 2006 at  29 ..  since he has had only  1 season near   20 homers .
    His  ratio of walks  to strike outs has decreased  from 6-1   to about  3.5-1 over the past  2 seasons    ..

He has New England roots  grand parents  but Frenchy has been with 4 teams in last  3 seasons for a reason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

DMac and Hall were bench role guys. Francoeur is someone's joke about getting a starting RH OF'er. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The one real advantage to Francouer is that he does go on a mini-tear every time he changes uniforms...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Again, this isn't a move, it's a dumpster dive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

KC sign guys like Francouer every season, because he's an affortable everyday player with value at the trade deadline. Which is not to suggest he wil be traded or that the Sox are interested. Merely that gvien his overall profile and the MO of the Royal's in the last decade he's a likely candidate to get moved for the right offer.

For the Sox, the problem I see with him is that he has to play everyday to keep his swing honed...streaky hitters tend to underperform when they are platooned. So if they do go after him my guess is that Drew will be relagated to a 4th ofer's role..Just my take... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

It may happen sooner than the deadline. He has a career .837 OPS vs LHPs, and as tom pointed out, even better recently. Here are Jeff's pro-rated numbers vs LHPs for a 635 PA season vs LHPs only: .301/.345/.492/.837 24 HRs  96 RBIs and 37 2B/3Bs
    Posted by moonslav59

That's great....aside from the fact that there is no all lefty pitching league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

When CC comes back RF is up for grabs. I would like to see Reddick put out there until he shows Tito he can't hit righties or lefties. Drew is #4 or #5 on the OF depth chart.
    If they release JD the Yankees will pick him up and he will probably be resurrected. He is still a good def. outfielder and you never know when he will be needed to fill that role. Truthfully how can Theo justify paying Cam and JD a total of $10M to play for someone else or watch baseball from their Georgia homes. 

I would not trade for Francoeur unless he was reasonable. We do have Kevin Millwood pitching well for the PawSox they could trade for a bat perhaps. Granted he won't get you a Francoeur but there may be someone else that could provide some depth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

When CC comes back RF is up for grabs. I would like to see Reddick put out there until he shows Tito he can't hit righties or lefties. Drew is #4 or #5 on the OF depth chart. If they release JD the Yankees will pick him up and he will probably be resurrected. He is still a good def. outfielder and you never know when he will be needed to fill that role. Truthfully how can Theo justify paying Cam and JD a total of $10M to play for someone else or watch baseball from their Georgia homes.  I would not trade for Francoeur unless he was reasonable. We do have Kevin Millwood pitching well for the PawSox they could trade for a bat perhaps. Granted he won't get you a Francoeur but there may be someone else that could provide some depth.
    Posted by MadMc44

Why in the world would the Yanks be interested in drew?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In Response to Re: Francoeur : Why in the world would the Yanks be interested in drew?
    Posted by ---The-Babe---

He's a Lefthanded pull hitter, virtually free, marginally better than Andruw and he'd be out to prove the RS are not so smart for releasing him. There are probably a few other reasons like finishing his career with the Yankees or  some other contending team.

A personal opinion...

Sections
Shortcuts