Francoeur

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Re: Francoeur

In Response to Re: Francoeur:
    [QUOTE]There is a reason Jeff is in MLB's Siberia.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]
    Because MLB's siberia beat the SOX like a bunch of little drums?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bulldozer667. Show Bulldozer667's posts

I like Francouer defensive wise, he's not of an on base guy (hardly ever walks) which is what the Sox are all about. Unless you could get Beltran (who is always iffy with health a.k.a. Drew) but there are some other guys you might be able to scoop up from lesser teams (Houston's Pence or San Diego's Ludwick) but you realistically only want a rent-a-player right now with Reddick or Kalish taking over RF next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bulldozer667. Show Bulldozer667's posts

[QUOTE]We do have Kevin Millwood pitching well for the PawSox they could trade for a bat perhaps. 

I don't see the Sox moving Millwood as he is insurance...Dice K is out,Buchholz on the DL and Lackey just looks awful and might also be hurt. Sox seems to only have 2 pitchers going good at once...last yr. Lester and Buchholz and this year Lester and Beckett.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Anything is better than Drewsome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Way too streaky and definately not even a mid-term answer. I would rather stick it out with what we have if Frenchy is the only other choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Any interest in Juan Rivera?

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/03/birthday-boy-bounced

Rivera, who turned 33 on Sunday, was valued at 2.8 WAR* in 2009, 0.5 WAR in 2010 and 0.3 WAR so far this season. Jeff Francoeur, 27, was valued at 0.3 AR in 2009, 0.6 WAR in 2010 and 1.6 WAR so far this season.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Andruw has been washed up sincew 2006      hitting .210  this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Francoeur:
    [QUOTE]Watch him throw out Rizzo last night! Not since Evans has a Sox OF made a throw like this. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16384265 I have liked Cam and Drew and have been hard on Reddick and Francoeur, but the team would be better going forward with a Reddick/Francoeur platoon. Francoeur has been awesome vs LHP for 2.5 years.  1.050, .805, .877.  Plus he has had great UZR numbers in RF the last 1.5 seasons. KC is out of it, Theo make it happen.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Good points; he has a gun, and apparently can hit lefties well enough. But he doesn't grind out ABs like the RS would want him to; not that they would rule him out because of it. He has a knack for the clutch as well. I'm not really into the UZR measure; it needs improvement IMO, but that's just me. He is a good fielder regardless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francoeur : So were DMac and BHall, but they worked for a while.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That response is worthy of this.

http://youtu.be/Ji-cT58rgNc

Sections
Shortcuts