FRANCOMA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Re: FRANCOMA

In Response to FRANCOMA:
    [QUOTE]I KNOW ALL OF YOU FRANCOMA FANS THINK HE'S A GREAT MGR. ,BUT I HAVE MAINTAINED FOR YEARS THAT THEY WIN IN SPITE OF HIM. HIS LATEST BRILLIANT MANAGING -[1] WHY IS YOUK BATTING FOURTH INSTEAD OF ORTIZ. WHEN GONZO GETS AN INT.WALK WHO WOULD YOU RATHER PITCH TO YOUK BATTING LESS THAN 300 OR PAPI HITTING AROUND 324 AND LEADING THE TEAM IN HOMERS? REMEMBER THE ONE TWO PUNCH OF PAPI & MANNY? I GUESS COMA HAS FORGOTTEN. [2] WHY IN THE NAME OF H--  LIS CAMERON PLAYING WITH A B AVE. OF153 WHEN YOU HAVE REDDICK SITTING ON THE BENCH. CAMERON DOESN'T EVEN BELONG IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND REDDICK LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD FUTURE GREAT. IF THE FRONT OFFICE DOESN'T SEE WHAT A WEAK MGR HE IS MAYBE THE FRONT OFFICE SHOULD ALSO BE IN QUESTION. BADGE 007
    Posted by badgealbert[/QUOTE]
    because youk is a righty. so ur wrong

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Opened this thread, saw lots of big letters, got a headache ... moved on.

FWIW, I would like to see more of Reddick.  I understand he isn't lighting AAA on fire exactly but I think getting him more MLB time when possible is beneficial to the team for this season and 2012.  If he does well, steals a few bases and hits a couple of dingers I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a playoff roster long before DMac.  That said, this "Coma" stuff is pretty damn funny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to FRANCOMA:
    [QUOTE]I KNOW ALL OF YOU FRANCOMA FANS THINK HE'S A GREAT MGR. ,BUT I HAVE MAINTAINED FOR YEARS THAT THEY WIN IN SPITE OF HIM. HIS LATEST BRILLIANT MANAGING -[1] WHY IS YOUK BATTING FOURTH INSTEAD OF ORTIZ. WHEN GONZO GETS AN INT.WALK WHO WOULD YOU RATHER PITCH TO YOUK BATTING LESS THAN 300 OR PAPI HITTING AROUND 324 AND LEADING THE TEAM IN HOMERS? REMEMBER THE ONE TWO PUNCH OF PAPI & MANNY? I GUESS COMA HAS FORGOTTEN. [2] WHY IN THE NAME OF H--  LIS CAMERON PLAYING WITH A B AVE. OF153 WHEN YOU HAVE REDDICK SITTING ON THE BENCH. CAMERON DOESN'T EVEN BELONG IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL AND REDDICK LOOKS LIKE A VERY GOOD FUTURE GREAT. IF THE FRONT OFFICE DOESN'T SEE WHAT A WEAK MGR HE IS MAYBE THE FRONT OFFICE SHOULD ALSO BE IN QUESTION. BADGE 007

I thought mom cut off your computer use at 9 so you would have time to wind down before beddy-bye nighty-night.  Did you sneak back out in your PJs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

240 posts in 4 years ought to tell ya something Space..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Look!  The age old, time tested axiom, "DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN," is the guiding principle in this case......

Having said that, Cameron truly is a waste of space on this roster!!!

THE ONLY REASONS to keep him on this team is the $$$ contract, & the ability to slowly develop the promising outfielders down on the farm........  I get that, but LET'S FACE IT......  Cameron's got NOTHING LEFT IN THE TANK!  If you're gonna use anyone to give the outfield a rest, use McD.  McD needs more consistent at bats!  He does have SOME promise!  Good news!  J.D. Drew seems to be heating up!  I would cut down on sitting him, even against LH pitching...  Reddick as needed :)  I prefer Reddick over McD, but I know you don't want to rush a kid.  He looks ready though!  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Yeah, Cameron looks like he is not responding well to platoon play and that his age may be catching up with him. But every roster even at $170M has strengths and weakness. The OF was a known weakness after 2010 which is why the RS over committed in terms of $$$ and years to Crawford.

With the OFers the RS currently have and everyone's trajectory aside from playing Ellsbury every day possible, I personally understand platooning.

Reddick's biggest improvement in 2011 has been the ability to walk. He has always displayed some power but his plate discipline suked. Just the same this is a .233 AAA hitter, it is not a no brainer to play him every day. So he platoons in LF until Crawford returns versus RH pitching and you see what you have.

Darnell is a AAAA player but he was killing the ball in AAA and he has hit the ball hard in most of his PAs, so he platoons in LF versus LH pitching and Cameron platoons in RF because he still even at this age is a superb defender.

When Crawford returns from the DL hopefully McDonald will have produced in a manner that will displace Cameron or Cam will have improved. Reddick in the meantime will be able to return to MiLB and work on improving his BA will maintaining a 80 - 100 point spread in OBP - BA or honestly he does not have much of a future.

The OF is what it is and the manager is managing around what the GM gave him. The GM gave him what he did because of market, budget and system limitations.

As for where the 3-4-5 hitters are hitting, the standings and the stats say it is working fine which is more than can be said for the OP's cap lock.

Just my takes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to FRANCOMA:
    If he goes to Philly & has McDonald, Cameron, Scutaro & Tek as #5,6,7 &8 hitters with the pitcher batting 9th & no Papi we will see what king of mgr he is, so lets just wait & see