Francona -- 700 wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Francona -- 700 wins

700 wins after the game today. Congrats, Terry!  Keep 'em coming! Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

Re: Francona -- 700 wins

SOX ----700 wins; 'cona just happened to be there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

2194 Wins for Sparky Anderson - anyhow I thought I would bump your thread for you as nobody responded to it, nobody at all, until me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Francona -- 700 wins:
    [QUOTE]700 careers wins after the game today. Congrats, Terry!  Keep 'em coming!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I think you mean with the Red Sox.

Including the Phillies, Francona is 985-877 and is tied for 59th all-time. He'll reach 1,000 wins later this month.

His 700 wins with the Red Sox are second all-time. If he manages four more years, he'll become the Red Sox's all-time winningest manager. He'll pass Cronin for career wins before that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Francona -- 700 wins:
    [QUOTE]700 careers wins after the game today. Congrats, Terry!  Keep 'em coming!

kim,

I agree, Terry has been a pretty good manager.  He may make a mistake here and there but I'm glad we have him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

better he than most.... look what Rigglemen did to his team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koolga. Show Koolga's posts

Lets also not forget the 8 WS game wins (2 WS titles).

I expect he'll be around as long as he wants to be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

oh my! this is not going to be good news for bosox1941............lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Francona -- 700 wins:
    [QUOTE]oh my! this is not going to be good news for bosox1941............lol.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
    Shouldn't the thread be titled.."Red Sox, 700 wins while Francona has been called their manager"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Congrats. He seems like a nice guy too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Other than his penchant for leaving pitchers in too long, I have zero problem with Tito. Congrats in advance to him!! We could be doing A LOT worse in terms of the Manager. He has learned a lot since his first few years with The Boston Red Sox and honed his skills well. A truly good fit for Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Even a blind squirrel could stumble across 700 nuts :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

MLB network ranked Tito the number one manager in baseball, I'm not sure that I agree, but his name belongs in the arguement, and after this year he'll have 3 rings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Terry weather's the storm in the all too wavey waters that is Boston. Congrats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

more solid baseball input from pike

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]2194 Wins for Sparky Anderson - anyhow I thought I would bump your thread for you as nobody responded to it, nobody at all, until me.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Could be I didn't say "Good morning to my good friends on the Red Sox: On the front burner." lol

Actually, it appears fans have shown up to say some nice things about Francona.  It's good to see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Francona -- 700 wins : I think you mean with the Red Sox. Including the Phillies, Francona is 985-877 and is tied for 59th all-time. He'll reach 1,000 wins later this month. His 700 wins with the Red Sox are second all-time. If he manages four more years, he'll become the Red Sox's all-time winningest manager. He'll pass Cronin for career wins before that.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Roy. I'm going to correct it. I'd like to say that's what I meant, but I really did have the wrong information, and didn't even know it. That's what happens when I start to get involved with stats. It's never good. :)

And thank you for the added information. I say he reaches the winningest manager milestone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Even a blind squirrel could stumble across 700 nuts :)
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

JSYK, I'm going to take that as a positive. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He's a HOF Mgr.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Thank you for all the positive posts about Terry. I truly believe at the end of this season, he will have earned the respect of those who doubt him even now. That will be a great thing to see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 4/14/2010
    Last: 7/2/2011
    Even a blind squirrel could stumble across 700 nuts :)
    Posted by tcal2-

JSYK, I'm going to take that as a positive. :)

Tcal ... The blind squirrel thing is a hypothetical.  Usually they don't get to live too long - but become part of the "Circle of Life. "  Unless they are blind cuz they've lived soooooo long.  And then they become a part of the"Circle of Life."

:o)  I know one thing ... I never ever SHOT a blind squirrel.

But then again ... I've not shot any squirels ...

some birds ....  

Quail, mostly.

KIM,

Kudos for the OP and thread.

I had to smile when I heard the announcers give Tito credit ... first thought was .... he won 700 games in spite of himself ...  LOL!!!!   '41 gts the nod for the thought, but we get the pleasure of Tito being Tito and doing so well.  

Heck, most of us do well in spite of ourselves.  Then, there are those who can't ... do well no matter what.  And in fairness, I refuse to name Softy, Frankie, Babe, ....

Way to go, Tito!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Congrats to tito, and may he win many more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you for all the positive posts about Terry. I truly believe at the end of this season, he will have earned the respect of those who doubt him even now. That will be a great thing to see.
    Hope you're right, but let's face it, some will never admit when they're wrong. I'll bet if message boards were around back in the '60s, GreenBay.com would have had a handful of posters who insisted they knew more about football than Vince Lombardi.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]kimsaysthis Posts: 831 First: 4/14/2010 Last: 7/2/2011 In Response to Re: Francona -- 700 wins : Even a blind squirrel could stumble across 700 nuts :) Posted by tcal2- JSYK, I'm going to take that as a positive. :)   Tcal ... The blind squirrel thing is a hypothetical.  Usually they don't get to live too long - but become part of the "Circle of Life. "  Unless they are blind cuz they've lived soooooo long.  And then they become a part of the"Circle of Life." :o)  I know one thing ... I never ever SHOT a blind squirrel. But then again ... I've not shot any squirels ...some birds ....Quail, mostly.KIM, Kudos for the OP and thread. I had to smile when I heard the announcers give Tito credit ... first thought was .... he won 700 games in spite of himself ...  LOL!!!!   '41 gts the nod for the hought, but we get the pleasure of Tito being Tito and doing so well. Heck, most of us do well in spite of ourselves.  Then, there are those who can't ... do well no matter what.  And in fairness, I refuse to name Softy, Frankie, Babe, .... Way to go, Tito!!!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yaz, we get the pleasure of Tito being Tito and doing so well. We'll get even more pleasure when he finally gets the last laugh on his naysayers!

Btw, did you know a "bird" in Brit slang is a female?  After shooting the Sheriff, I'm just keeping my eyes peeled. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts