Francona -- 700 wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Francona -- 700 wins

In Response to Re: Francona -- 700 wins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona -- 700 wins : Hope you're right, but let's face it, some will never admit when they're wrong. I'll bet if message boards were around back in the '60s, GreenBay.com would have had a handful of posters who insisted they knew more about football than Vince Lombardi.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Lloyd, I think it's funny that most of those posters give their opinions on what he should have done, when they know nothing about the players at any given time. Certainly not any inside information that only the manager would know. It's unfortunate he's judged by people with a complete lack of knowlege as to the team in any given circumstance. Hope he gets the last laugh. It will be even sweeter given the tremendous job he did last season with his "minor league" team that fell short.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona -- 700 wins : Yes, Yaz, we get the pleasure of Tito being Tito and doing so well. We'll get even more pleasure when he finally gets the last laugh on his naysayers!  Btw, did you know a "bird" in Brit slang is a female?  After shooting the Sheriff, I'm just keeping my eyes peeled.
     Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Aye, mum.  I spoke English for years until moving to the States.  Then I began, grudgingly, to speak American. 

Just don't shoot the Deputy.

The Sheriff can be shot, but not killed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona -- 700 wins : Aye, mum.  I spoke English for years until moving to the States.  Then I began, grudgingly, to speak American.  Just don't shoot the Deputy. The Sheriff can be shot, but not killed.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

My best friend since I was a teenager is a Brit. She had just moved to the States, and it was only months after that we met. We're like family now. She has replaced a sister I never liked anyway. :)  Still hate playing Scrabble when she's in the game, though. She has two separate languages to work with as far as I'm concerned, and has even tried to throw in Greek and Egyptian words as well. lol

And don't worry, I'd never shoot the deputy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Congrats to Terry for 700 W's with Sox, closing in on 1000 career W's, and moving towards being the winningest Sox manager.

Even more important are the 2 WS rings, and he may get couple more of them before he crosses 1000 for Sox.

True, he is blessed with a lot of talent, with that comes managing egos over 162 games + playoffs.  He is a true CEO of the team, keeping them focused on the goal at end of year, while insulating them from the day to day ups and downs.

I hope to see Terry continue his winning ways for at least a decade, may be a couple of decades, and Sox win may be 5-8 Ws in that time.