Francona and Beckett speak about Theo taking Cubs job

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Francona and Beckett speak about Theo taking Cubs job

This is from an article on ESPNBoston.com,I've also provided a link so you can read the whole article if you want.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/6897539/terry-francona-theo-epstein-hope-leave

Most Red Sox players, as well as manager Terry Francona, say they don't believe Epstein would pack his bags and leave the organization he has helped mold into a winner. They also say Epstein is obviously talented enough to serve any role in this game and be successful doing it.

"He can probably do whatever he wants," Francona said. "I like working with him and I hope he doesn't leave, unless I'm leaving. It's none of my business, and I haven't talked to him about that stuff you read in the papers, and we've been on the road, so I haven't paid too much attention to it. I'm sure we'll have a laugh about it when I get home."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Francona and Beckett speak about Theo taking Cubs job

I don't blame Theo for having interest and I wouldn't blame him for taking it.  The Cubs spend money but just lack direction and good decision making.  They also don't have much to show for their farm system development.  Theo could right that ship and give them a shot to end their WS drought.  Imagine, if he's the mastermine that completed fixed the Red Sox and Cubs organizations?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it would be a great challenge and even greater accomplishment. Has anyone figured out if Ricketts is a good owner to work for? I couldn't see Theo in too many situations with a better owner than JH.
    Interesting to note that the Cubs have a lot of EVP's and Director of Operations, they don't have a president.
    I couldn't imagine Theo leaving for another GM position, and I have always assumed if he stayed in baseball it would be with the Sox and the according salary. His next step would be stepping up once LL retires or becomes commish....
    Wouldn't the speculation of Cashman to the Cubs be more feasible?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Francona and Beckett speak about Theo taking Cubs job:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona and Beckett speak about Theo taking Cubs job : Try that one more time in English, mongo.
    Posted by *The-Babe*[/QUOTE]

Get a job!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

here's a win-win; what if theo takes the job and takes tito with him?
    the CUBS in return would have to take on slackey's and jd crawford's remaining contracts.
    "there will be dancing, they're dancing in the street."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Theo is not a fool. His legacy would be cemented as Baseball's Greatest GM in history (save for Rickey and Robinson, different set of success). He would have led Chicago to a WS title and be hailed the conquering hero. Yes, he is a folk hero in Boston for the 2 WS titles, but I don't think he can go anywhere but down in Boston...after his team wins here in 2011. I'm counting on a WS title this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]here's a win-win; what if theo takes the job and takes tito with him? the CUBS in return would have to take on slackey's and jd crawford's remaining contracts. "there will be dancing, they're dancing in the street."
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

Why not move your AZZ to LIBIA and you can dance all you want in the street.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Insightful article. It ought to give Theo-haters some comfort reading.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Theo is not a fool. His legacy would be cemented as Baseball's Greatest GM in history (save for Rickey and Robinson, different set of success). He would have led Chicago to a WS title and be hailed the conquering hero. Yes, he is a folk hero in Boston for the 2 WS titles, but I don't think he can go anywhere but down in Boston...after his team wins here in 2011. I'm counting on a WS title this year.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Does this statement translate to which of the following?

You expect a WS title.
    You are entitled to a WS title.
    You are confidant that they will win it all.
    The players are good enough to beat everyone through the playoffs.
    You (Cater) deserve a title since you are such a loyal fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]here's a win-win; what if theo takes the job and takes tito with him? the CUBS in return would have to take on slackey's and jd crawford's remaining contracts. "there will be dancing, they're dancing in the street."
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

You must be right about, I have been reading your posts and realize how much baseball knowledge you have.

These people can't have the knowledge you have ranking Francona as the 3rd best manager in baseball.
    http://www.bankrollsports.com/blog/mlb-baseballs-top-ten-managers-2009-version/

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/23/taking-stock-of-best-managers-in-majors/

and Ranked #1  for 2011
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/588967-mlb-power-rankings-rating-the-30-managers-heading-into-2011#/articles/588967-mlb-power-rankings-rating-the-30-managers-heading-into-2011/page/31