Francona and his limited bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Francona and his limited bench

With Ortiz and Scuataro still out of lineup, Francona's hands are tied. Maybe they should DL Scutaro at this point and bring up Sutton.

Throw in the fact that Carl Crawford is useless and you can see why this team isn't scoring runs.

Carl Crawford = Colossel waste of money

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Francona and his limited bench

Drew needs to get off the DL, Reddick goes to LF...oh brother, it's ugly. Drew is a shadow of himself, Reddick is slumping, McDonald is a .160 hitting backup, Aviles is a utility IF trying to play OF.....just ugly. If there is any way possible to just leave Crawford on the bench except for PR opportunities, this is the time to send the guy a message. He is killing the team offensively. But he gets to play because the Sox paid 142 million, and the alternatives are equally horrendous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

It is 8 a.m. in Los Angeles. A cup of coffee, a bagel with cheese, and the beginning of a twelve hour day of bashing your favorite team begins. Some of us just go the extra mile in being critical. Hats off to Dannycater.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

In Response to Re: Francona and his limited bench:
    [QUOTE]It is 8 a.m. in Los Angeles. A cup of coffee, a bagel with cheese, and the beginning of a twelve hour day of bashing your favorite team begins. Some of us just go the extra mile in being critical. Hats off to Dannycater.

Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

It's 11 am on the East Coast. A cup of prune juice, a bowl of wheaties with sour milk and the beginning of a 20 hour day bashing other posters because they don't agree with you. Some of us just go the extra mile in telling people how they should post. Hats off to the pikester.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]It is 8 a.m. in Los Angeles. A cup of coffee, a bagel with cheese, and the beginning of a twelve hour day of bashing your favorite team begins. Some of us just go the extra mile in being critical. Hats off to Dannycater.

pawsex=a colossal waste of oxygen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I only bash the trolls. I am selective. Don't exaggerate. I don't bash based on disagreement. I study the history of the poster and determine if they indeed are trolling. It is a science.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Of course, it takes no research at all to identify Babe as a troll. That would be similar to doing a thesis proving that there are twelve eggs in a dozen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]Of course, it takes no research at all to identify Babe as a troll. That would be similar to doing a thesis proving that there are twelve eggs in a dozen.

just for my own curiosity;

when you're not posting your tedious crap, are you a JEHOVAH WITNESS?
    you remind me of  a few i've sicked my dog on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona and his limited bench : just for my own curiosity; when you're not posting your tedious crap, are you a JEHOVAH WITNESS? you remind me of  a few i've sicked my dog on.

Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

pike is a strange one. Why come to a baseball site to never talk about baseball and just complain about other posters. If the posters here are that annoying to him you would think he'd just find another sandbox to play in.

The sad part is he fantasizes that he is some sort of "troll police" when in fact he's just another troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Looks to me like the Babe character and the Yazzer character are hand-in-hand on all things even though they claim to be fans of rival teams. Do I smell a pretender here - perhaps a concern troll in disguise out of the Fort Lauderdale Pawn Shop? It lunch hour and still nobody comes into that Pawn Shop. Business must be slow there too. Three years and only 23 customers. Good thing that you have your trolling hobby / pasttime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Back to the OP with teams carrying 12 and 13 pitchers the bench is going to get short when nagging injuries come up. Players dinged up enough that they have to sit out, but not injured an able to be DL. Take a look at the Yankee bench with Cervelli, Jones, Chavez, Posada, you would think they had better replacements given their pay roll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am wondering if all this injury claims with players in and out has to do with the waiver wire pickups and staying behind the  Yankees and blocking their attempts while they cannot do anything to block ours. There is a rumor that Jim Thome is on the move to a contender, I am wondering if it would be the Yankees and then they would claim him and say that Posada has a mysterious injury or something. The Red Sox are in a blocking position here to stop that.

If I am completely wrong than the reverse side is that the TRed Sox are not dominating at home anymore like Red Sox teams of past years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]   Back to the OP with teams carrying 12 and 13 pitchers the bench is going to get short when nagging injuries come up. Players dinged up enough that they have to sit out, but not injured an able to be DL. Take a look at the Yankee bench with Cervelli, Jones, Chavez, Posada, you would think they had better replacements given their pay roll.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

good point. could be they have a better GM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from )-)TheBabe(-(. Show )-)TheBabe(-('s posts

[QUOTE]I am wondering if all this injury claims with players in and out has to do with the waiver wire pickups and staying behind the  Yankees and blocking their attempts while they cannot do anything to block ours. There is a rumor that Jim Thome is on the move to a contender, I am wondering if it would be the Yankees and then they would claim him and say that Posada has a mysterious injury or something. The Red Sox are in a blocking position here to stop that. If I am completely wrong than the reverse side is that the TRed Sox are not dominating at home anymore like Red Sox teams of past years.

Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Nonsense...the sawx didn't fall out of first just to try to block the Yankees.

Probably one of the dumbest posts in here and that's saying a lot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]Looks to me like the Babe character and the Yazzer character are hand-in-hand on all things even though they claim to be fans of rival teams. Do I smell a pretender here - perhaps a concern troll in disguise out of the Fort Lauderdale Pawn Shop? It lunch hour and still nobody comes into that Pawn Shop. Business must be slow there too. Three years and only 23 customers. Good thing that you have your trolling hobby / pasttime.

I was guessing about it being a pawn shop. A better guess would be a shoe repair business.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona and his limited bench : I was guessing about it being a pawn shop. A better guess would be a shoe repair business.

now the moron's talking to himself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO PAWSOX PHIL....GET THE ROSE COLORED GLASSES OFF
    AND STOP BEING A "COMPANY MAN" . WHO IS PAYING YOU
    OFF TO APOLOGIZE FOR A BAD TEAM. ? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY
    DEFENDING YOUKILIS WHO IS HEADING FOR /250; WAKE
    WHO SHOULD BE RETIRED; SCUTARO WHO SHOULD RETIRE'
    AVILES AND MCDONALD WHO ARE BASICALLY "AAA" TALENT;
    TEK, WHO SHOULD HANG IT UP; LOWRIE WHO IS A TRIPLE
    A PLAYER AT BEST; AND CRAWFORD WHO IS GONNA LOSE
    HIS SPEED AND STEPS IN THE BUCKET ON EVERY PITCH;
    ARE YOU SERIOUSLY DEFENDING THESE GUYS PHIL ???
    IF YOU ARE...IT SHOWS YOU AREN'T WATCHING THESE
    GAMES AND YOU DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT BASEBALL !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Francona and his limited bench:
    [QUOTE]With Ortiz and Scuataro still out of lineup, Francona's hands are tied. Maybe they should DL Scutaro at this point and bring up Sutton. Throw in the fact that Carl Crawford is useless and you can see why this team isn't scoring runs. Carl Crawford = Colossel waste of money
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

These last 14 games should be a very enlightening experience for our management.  It just shows we have very little depth. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

PHIL...WHO SET YOU UP AS THE ARBITER OF WHO'S A TROLL
    OR NOT. IS IT YOUR SINGULAR OPINION. YOU KNOW WHAT
    THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS....EVERYONE HAS ONE, LIKE
    THAT OTHER PART OF THE BODY WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T
    SHINE !!! LET'S SEE U RUN OFF YOUR MOUTH BY MID SEPT.
    WHEN THE SOX ARE 8 OUT !! YOU WILL STILL BE DEFENDING
    THEO AND GOING RAH RAH !! FOR THE SOX. BUT IT WILL
    BE MUCH TOO LATE BY THEN. OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE GUYS
    WHO STILL WANTS TO SIGN TEK AND WAKE TO 10 YEAR
    CONTRACTS, TODAY. OR MAYBE WE SHOULD BRING BACK
    KEVINCASH AND MIRABELLI TO MAKE YOU HAPPY !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO CRAZE4SOX... I AM IMPRESSED BY YOUR HONESTY.
    I THINK THAT THE 3 GAME SET AGAINST TAMPA BAY
    SHOWS US EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE..AND IT IS NOT
    PRETTY. THE YANKS ARE WAY BETTER BALANCED
    AND ARE DEEPER IN TALENT. THEO HAS GOTTEN US
    HERE, AND I REALLY DON'T THINK THE FRONT OFFICE
    CAN RIGHT THE SHIP AT THIS POINT. WE WILL BE
    VERY, VERY LUCKY TO GET TO THE WC. TAMPA HAS
    A GOOD CHANCE TO CATCH US BECAUSE OF THEIR
    PITCHING /!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Francona and his limited bench : These last 14 games should be a very enlightening experience for our management.  It just shows we have very little depth. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Both the Yankees and Red Sox are 6-4 in their last ten games.