Francona, Beckett, Ortiz, Varitek, Lowrie, Cameron, Albers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Francona, Beckett, Ortiz, Varitek, Lowrie, Cameron, Albers

I'm pretty sure at one point or another I once posted a criticism of the guys above.....But I'm on my B's goodwill tour...I love these guys...Beckett has really come back better than the Josh of even 2 years ago. Ortiz has to be re-signed, absolutely taking over as the team's most dangerous batter (Manny's role for many years, and that's not taking anything away from AGON). Varitek has come off life support to be a more than adequate catcher, fill in or not (threw out a runner, old school). Lowrie, mostly as a righty, is terrific at the opposite field hitting, and keyed that 7-run rally with his ball down the line. Cameron has been easy to rip, but there he is delivering a rope double off a guy he does hit well v. CC. Albers has completely recovered from his Cubs disaster (Tito inflicted more than Matt). ...Ah, and Tito...what can I say. He's pushing the right buttons, he's making out lineups based more on injuries and matchups, which a good manager does. I have my only issues with some of his inconsistencies, but I've said many times that when he was named manager in 2004, I stopped having to worry about the insane moves that the previous 2 managers (not Kerrigan, who was just an idiot) were making. When I criticize Tito, I absolutely do not want another manager for the Sox ever. He can croak on the throne and I'm good with that. Living through the Jimy era as a fan on the old forum was downright excruciating. Go Sox!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Francona, Beckett, Ortiz, Varitek, Lowrie, Cameron, Albers

oh danny, just wait til bosox1941 catches wind of that post...........guys either gonna blow a blood vessel or be constipated for days..........lol.....

and ya know, Bill-806 was spot on when he said that June was when baseball really begins..........

my one question to you is how the hell are these guys gonna be able to take the field against toronto tonight.........answer: 3 bottles of 5 hr energy a piece...lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Hammah, good point about tonight. Maybe they should ask for another 3-1/2 hour rain delay to get some more shuteye.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

If last night game was agianst anyone else that game would have been called.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Francona, Beckett, Ortiz, Varitek, Lowrie, Cameron, Albers:
    [QUOTE]oh danny, just wait til bosox1941 catches wind of that post...........guys either gonna blow a blood vessel or be constipated for days..........lol..... and ya know, Bill-806 was spot on when he said that June was when baseball really begins.......... my one question to you is how the hell are these guys gonna be able to take the field against toronto tonight.........answer: 3 bottles of 5 hr energy a piece...lol.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

... or just a handful of "greenies" for all ... (old school)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ha, guess we'll have to check the forcast for tonight in toronto...man, game ended at 1:30. just enough time to shower and grab their bags and head straight to logan. how can you catch a snooze after sweeping mfy's? get to their hotel and basically crash until 1 pm I guess. probably no batting practice and more hot tub and rub downs from the trainers. gawd how I love how these guys are playing right now danny. tell ya, I'm not really worried too much about the J's.........it's going down to the trop that makes me a little nervous. but then again, that's later on........tonight it's more flipping channels.....sox, bruins.....

the vancovah no-nuts are going down tonight danny....bank on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona, Beckett, Ortiz, Varitek, Lowrie, Cameron, Albers : ... or just a handful of "greenies" for all ... (old school)
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

never thought of that space.........."wink,wink"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

spaceman, Yaz would be proud...off topic, but great sidebit. In the MLB channel Game 6, 1975 show they did, Freddy Lynn talked about Carbo after Bernie did a cameo appearance in the show. He flat out said he had no idea Bernie was taking drugs and high all the time during the Sox run. Bernie did all of his stuff AWAY from the ballpark. Yaz just popped a greenie or two at the clubhouse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE] If last night game was agianst anyone else that game would have been called.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]While the RS are going to be pretty sleepy today I am not sure that if it was gamesmanship if the NYY dod not do the RS a favor.

What would have rather done, play the NYY late at night now while they are schffling and the RS are hot or played a double header in late September?

At any rate I personally would have been happy so long as the RS took 1 of 3 and left town only 2 back. Leaving 2 up is all kinds of ice cream.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm pretty sure at one point or another I once posted a criticism of the guys above.....

Welcome aboard the fun train!

But I'm on my B's goodwill tour...I love these guys...Beckett has really come back better than the Josh of even 2 years ago.

He may be even better than 2 years ago.

Ortiz has to be re-signed, absolutely taking over as the team's most dangerous batter (Manny's role for many years, and that's not taking anything away from AGON).

He has looked awesome against lefties this year. I am happy to eat crow pie.

Varitek has come off life support to be a more than adequate catcher, fill in or not (threw out a runner, old school).

He nearly threw out 2 last night and has a higher CS% than VMart this year.

Lowrie, mostly as a righty, is terrific at the opposite field hitting, and keyed that 7-run rally with his ball down the line.

He almost slapped a double down the left field line vs the righty last night.

Cameron has been easy to rip, but there he is delivering a rope double off a guy he does hit well v. CC.

He's been a full timer for over a decade. this role can not be easy for him.

Albers has completely recovered from his Cubs disaster (Tito inflicted more than Matt).

He has been a Godsend.

...Ah, and Tito...what can I say. He's pushing the right buttons, he's making out lineups based more on injuries and matchups, which a good manager does. I have my only issues with some of his inconsistencies, but I've said many times that when he was named manager in 2004, I stopped having to worry about the insane moves that the previous 2 managers (not Kerrigan, who was just an idiot) were making. When I criticize Tito, I absolutely do not want another manager for the Sox ever. He can croak on the throne and I'm good with that. Living through the Jimy era as a fan on the old forum was downright excruciating. Go Sox!!!!

I agree 100%. I have my differences of philosophy, but he has been our best manager since (arguably) Dick Williams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

PLEASE!!!'''ADRIAN", NOT AGON!  TOO CLOSE TO THAT FILTHY YANKEE'S NAME!

Cameron is a complete waste, and should be traded!  The Philles could probably use him.  McDonald will come off the dl soon.

GO GET KERRY WOOD!!  Keep him away from the Yankees, and we could use him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Mike Cameron is misunderstood at this point IMO. His bat will be all ice cream, whatever is or isn't left there at 38.

He is still an exceptional athlete and he plays the field very well. He is the best option we have to play CF on an Ellsbury day off or in case of injury. He is still a very swift runner, while not a SB threat he is going to get from station to station quickly.

Is his contract worth it for a platoon RF who can play all three OF positions well? No. Did his 2010 injury insure the contract would be termed a bust by an already doubting RS Nation? Sure.

But aside from all his other positive attributes, as the season lengthens and the games get bigger, that veteran presence will be an asset. He is a luxury that only a big market team can afford.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

But aside from all his other positive attributes, as the season lengthens and the games get bigger, that veteran presence will be an asset. He is a luxury that only a big market team can afford.

If post-season b-ball comes to Boston, I will be glad if Cameron is on the team to play against:

CC, Wilson , Holland, Price, Lee,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...that veteran presence...

tom, I think this extends to Wake, VTek, and Papi as well.

Leading by example and showing pride and dedication.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Matt Albers is one more example why you don't trade good prospects or pay big money for relievers.  They picked him up off the scrap heap and he's been 100 times better than Wheeler or Jenks so far.

Farnsworth was another guy that didn't get the big bucks but he's been excellent so far as Rays closer

Sections
Shortcuts