Francona book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Francona book

In response to softlaw2's comment:

dustcover, your comments and suggestion is noted. My entertainment time is limited, and it is consumed by guitar, golf and writing. I'd rather read your comments than take the time to check it out at the public library and read it. Should the public library start electronic library access, I might read parts of it.

It's spring, and hope springs eternal. I'm a realist, and do not like what I've seen from the Red Sox this winter and early spring training. The entertainment value to follow them is still worth it to me, which amounts to time only.

Look forward to your comments, this season.

Best wishes,

SL

What kind of guitar do you play? I play classical myself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Dust+Soft, If I lived on the east coast, I'd love to be invited.

Sox fans are always welcomed, so if you happen to be in the neighborhood (Pensacola beaches are the best), do drop by.

Pregame drinks and discussion:

Gametime seating: first-come, first-serve. (Good visibility of the 50" screen from all seats in the outdoor man-cave.)  

Thanks for the invite.  The reciprocity is also extended to both of you if ever visiting the beautiful(yet politically confused...excluding the southern portion of the state) pacific northwest.

Nice pics....I'm more relaxed already.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Once upon a time, sax, clarinet, trumpet, piano here.

I love good guitar music, but while playing in a band, I always felt the amplified guitar was always too loud and had an unfair advantage enabling him to change to a desired key just by messing with his fret or whatever.  Us reeds, brass, or keyboard had to actually play in a different key involving different fingering etc....LOL

PS... I love golf....just hit about 100 balls this evening into my net with my medicus.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

Paul, I learned on a classical guitar so that's what I am most comfortable with. So, we have that in common. But, over the many years, I've added several guitars and string instruments to my playing collection. I play the 4 string and "drone" string banjo a lot. I also play an old Fender Strat for electric guitar. I have an old Martin mandolin that I also like to play. I have a Gibson J-100 accoustic that produces the best full tone of any guitar I own. As far as fun goes, the banjo is my favorite. I can play it for hours and it never puts a hurting on my fingers because the strings are so light.

I have three serious hobbies, music, golf and writing. Golf is the most chanllenging. Although a baseball is harder to hit, you get three strikes. In golf, if you hit one horrible shot the round is ruined with a snow man or more. The challenge of golf is to sustain a high level of concnetration on every single shot, because any lapse and the result will be ugle and costly. There are no umpires or politics to the game, and their is no satisfcation in "cheating at solitaire". I don't play recreational golf like most weekend golfers do, with best ball and "gimmes" and winter rules (improving the lie in the fairway). I putt them all out and never put my hands on the ball after I tee it up, until I pull it out of the hole (only exception is when I take a prenatly drop). The satisfication of the challenge is to shoot a score well below your USGA index and know that it was strictly by the book. John Wooden, my favorite coach, had a double eagle and an ace in the same round. When anyone would say how impressed they were, Wooden would say that he was disappointed because he ended up shooting 77 with the double eagle and the ace;) I'd gladly trade placed with him on that; round)

One of the only things I have in common with Obama is that I enjoy playing golf. The difference is that Obama plays a lot more than I do, but has a swing that makes Gerald Ford look like a golf professional.

Music, golf, and writing ( trolling ) on the Internet. The latter consumes 95% of your leisure time.

Your feeble attempt to 'horn' in on this cordial exchange leaves a lot to be desired.  One might deduce that your incessant 'baiting' is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Paul, I learned on a classical guitar so that's what I am most comfortable with. So, we have that in common. But, over the many years, I've added several guitars and string instruments to my playing collection. I play the 4 string and "drone" string banjo a lot. I also play an old Fender Strat for electric guitar. I have an old Martin mandolin that I also like to play. I have a Gibson J-100 accoustic that produces the best full tone of any guitar I own. As far as fun goes, the banjo is my favorite. I can play it for hours and it never puts a hurting on my fingers because the strings are so light.

I have three serious hobbies, music, golf and writing. Golf is the most chanllenging. Although a baseball is harder to hit, you get three strikes. In golf, if you hit one horrible shot the round is ruined with a snow man or more. The challenge of golf is to sustain a high level of concnetration on every single shot, because any lapse and the result will be ugle and costly. There are no umpires or politics to the game, and their is no satisfcation in "cheating at solitaire". I don't play recreational golf like most weekend golfers do, with best ball and "gimmes" and winter rules (improving the lie in the fairway). I putt them all out and never put my hands on the ball after I tee it up, until I pull it out of the hole (only exception is when I take a prenatly drop). The satisfication of the challenge is to shoot a score well below your USGA index and know that it was strictly by the book. John Wooden, my favorite coach, had a double eagle and an ace in the same round. When anyone would say how impressed they were, Wooden would say that he was disappointed because he ended up shooting 77 with the double eagle and the ace;) I'd gladly trade placed with him on that; round)

One of the only things I have in common with Obama is that I enjoy playing golf. The difference is that Obama plays a lot more than I do, but has a swing that makes Gerald Ford look like a golf professional.

Very interesting; we both have similar interests. I also played 5 string bluegrass banjo a number of years ago. I played well enough to be able to give lessons. While in the Air Force I did technical writing for awhile, also drafting and illustrating. I am also a accomplished tenpin bowler with fifteen 300 games and five 800 series to my credit. Unfortunately I never did pick up golf; however, due to the complexity of the game I am sure it would be a challenge.

Sections
Shortcuts