Francona book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Francona book

Read it while on vacation in the Outer Banks.  I thought it was good read for Sox fans, just curious what others thought about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Francona book

I got the book a couple of years ago--I pulled it out this week to check out the Chicken and Beer participants and I wanted to see if Lester had come to Francona during Francona's turbulant days. Lester, Lackey and the departed Beckett were a big part of C & B episode and I did not see that Lester did much  to come to Tito's side as Tito had when Lester had his Cancer issues.

I'm not sure if any other players were particularly involved but if that was the group the team can now put that totally behind them into the archives.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I got the book a couple of years ago--I pulled it out this week to check out the Chicken and Beer participants and I wanted to see if Lester had come to Francona during Francona's turbulant days. Lester, Lackey and the departed Beckett were a big part of C & B episode and I did not see that Lester did much  to come to Tito's side as Tito had when Lester had his Cancer issues.

I'm not sure if any other players were particularly involved but if that was the group the team can now put that totally behind them into the archives.

[/QUOTE]

What about Day to Day Clay?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In the book he pegged the 2011 team perfectly, a group of self-centered babies.  It's clear he's not a big fan of Lucchino or Werner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In the book he pegged the 2011 team perfectly, a group of self-centered babies.  It's clear he's not a big fan of Lucchino or Werner.

[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez, Crawford, Drew, and Beckett were a big part of this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Beckett--50 mill extension for no reason. CC-142 mil contract when the Sox already had Ellsbury. AGON-160 mil contract at expense of keeping Beltre/VMART. JD Drew? Hangnail led to days off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez, Crawford, Drew, and Beckett were a big part of this. 

[/QUOTE]

Drew was hurt most the season and was a quiet unassuming guy in clubhouse. He was not a problem.

Sections
Shortcuts