Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote

I know we have our experts here. 

But here's a professional assessment.

I mean a real professional ...

Pirates: Hurdle on Francona
    Hurdle and Francona have known each other for years, and Hurdle has nothing but respect for his fellow skipper. Of course, Hurdle is still a bit disappointed he couldn't get the better of Francona in 2007, when Hurdle's Rockies were swept by Francona's Boston squad in the World Series.

"I have a ton of professional and personal respect for Terry Francona," said Hurdle. "[He] broke my heart in '07; took that personal, move on from there. Winning [Friday] is not going to change that; winning this series is not going to change that. He's done a fantastic job in a very tough city. He has been a voice of reason, a calming influence, he's very passionate on the field, great communicator and a very sharp baseball man."

Link:  http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_06_25_bosmlb_pitmlb_1&mode=preview&vkey=preview_web_awa

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote

Wow and here I thought the guy was going to throw Tito Under the Bus !!  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Clint has come a very long way from his Bonus Baby/Cocky days. He has become an outstanding Manager who is great with young players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I was waiting for him to say "I can't quit you" while reading his quote

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

On Francona, he has no control over not having Ortiz available during NL games on the road. He has no control over RF becoming a vast wasteland, only now seeing a Reddick be a possibility when Crawford ever returns from DL. And Tito can't control the FRAGILE HEALTH of his starting pitchers---Beckett, Buchholz, Lackey (mental). His two horses are a Cy Young candidate and a guy he doesn't trust due to age/pitch discrimination. Also, Tito has no control over the SS and C positions being a platoon. The circumstances have dictated it. Other than that, the team has gone from 2-10 to first and is having a little struggle right now. It's to be expected. Tito's overall is a great job and it should be, he has a lot of great talented players at his arsenal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Without Ortiz and based in the NL the Sox would still be one of the dominant teams, if not the most dominant.... they are losing simply because they have injuries, and under-performers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote:
    I know we have our experts here.    But here's a professional assessment.   I mean a real professional ... Pirates: Hurdle on Francona Hurdle and Francona have known each other for years, and Hurdle has nothing but respect for his fellow skipper. Of course, Hurdle is still a bit disappointed he couldn't get the better of Francona in 2007, when Hurdle's Rockies were swept by Francona's Boston squad in the World Series.   "I have a ton of professional and personal respect for Terry Francona," said Hurdle. "[He] broke my heart in '07; took that personal, move on from there. Winning [Friday] is not going to change that; winning this series is not going to change that. He's done a fantastic job in a very tough city. He has been a voice of reason, a calming influence, he's very passionate on the field, great communicator and a very sharp baseball man."   Link:  http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_06_25_bosmlb_pitmlb_1&mode=preview&vkey=preview_web_awa
    Posted by SinceYaz

Do you truly think he would say anything else?? If he were to tell it like it is, the Francona Factor might go away. He's looking to the future in case he faces the Sox again. He knows that if he has the talent to match the Sox talent, then the FACTOR will give his team an advantage.  Every manager, that has ever managed against Francona, knows how real the FACTOR is. They all count on it as part of their arsenal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote:
    In Response to Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote : Do you truly think he would say anything else?? If he were to tell it like it is, the Francona Factor might go away. He's looking to the future in case he faces the Sox again. He knows that if he has the talent to match the Sox talent, then the FACTOR will give his team an advantage.  Every manager, that has ever managed against Francona, knows how real the FACTOR is. They all count on it as part of their arsenal.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

Clint's lying which makes me right!!!!!!!Yell That was what this says...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote : Do you truly think he would say anything else?? If he were to tell it like it is, the Francona Factor might go away. He's looking to the future in case he faces the Sox again. He knows that if he has the talent to match the Sox talent, then the FACTOR will give his team an advantage.  Every manager, that has ever managed against Francona, knows how real the FACTOR is. They all count on it as part of their arsenal.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

That's true, since the Pirates and Red Sox face each other so often.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Factor... actual MLB manager's quote : Clint's lying which makes me right!!!!!!!  That was what this says...
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Innocent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Sections
Shortcuts