Francona got excatly what he wanted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Francona got excatly what he wanted

He gets to rest his player's until March oF 2012, SO ENJOY  the GOLFING SEASON which start 10/1/11.

I always thought you played to win, then when you clinched a spot in the playoff's, you rested your player's, but according to Terry, you do the exact opposite.  So  the Sox can go home next, rest again. regroup for 2012, and TRY AGAIN.

TO all the people who supported the Sox, went to games, paid their money, the  fans got short changed in the end.

Because their is no way the Sox are going to NY and win 3 games, and then next week in Tampa Bay the Yankee's will REST their starters, thus giving the Ray's a very good chance to sweep the Yankee's, and in all likelyhood the Sox are done.

But let's suppose the Sox actually do make the playoff's, now  we go into the playoff's with basically four pitcher's, Beckett, Lester, Aceves and Papelbon. Is that enough to win anything?

I know we should stay positive and hope for the best, and have confidence that somehow the Sox can still pull this season into something positive, but this is real life, not a movie with a warm fuzzy  ending.

I am like every other Sox fan, watching, hoping each batter will get that big hit, our pitchers will have a perfect inning, and in the end the Sox will win. But with each passing inning, with every pitch I see the season slipping further and further away.

And of course in the area I live[Yankee country] try listening to the sports shows and hearing the glee and making fun of the Sox downfall is quite hard to take.  It's going to be a long,long winter.

And finally while I have always thought Theo was the right man for the Sox, the fact that he did nothing to improve this team, is so glaring, that it makes you wonder what he saw or failed to see in his decision making. When Dice-K and Buchholz went down he should have gotten a proven starter, plus bullpen help. His failure to do that stands out as the major blunders of the year.

Their is enough blame to go to the FO, to the manager, and to the player's. This is[was] truly a team effort in the total collaspe of 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Re: Francona got excatly what he wanted

Theo had Millwood down in Pawtucket, seasoned veteran. Why did he sign him to begin with? They said his velocity was around 86, so what. Freddy Garcia was about the same and he helped the Yankees win the pennant. Theo has rocks in his head.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Peanut, your thread yesterday was about still winning the Division. Didn't you realize that the Division title has been conceded for over a week now? We are now praying to win the wild card.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I realize BeaconHill19 that Terry conceded the divisional title weeks ago, but when posting yesterday I felt that just maybe the Ray's would go to NY and  possibly sweep[they still have 3 with the Yankees], but to have the Yankee's win and virtually wrap up the east, then I felt and still feel the Sox chances of winning the WC are not good, espically when you consider the Yankee's playing 3 in Tampa with nothing to play for, thus resting their regulars, while the Sox must go to Baltimore and must win all three, I still don't like the odds. The Sox need to win every game and the way they are playing, I would not say the chances of running the table are very good. The Ray's now have the upper hand, even though we still lead by 1 game. I'm sure their aren't many in Sox nation that really believe the Sox will still win the WC. It's nice to still believe, it's another for that to really happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

In Response to Francona got excatly what he wanted:
    [QUOTE]He gets to rest his player's until March oF 2012, SO ENJOY  the GOLFING SEASON which start 10/1/11. I always thought you played to win, then when you clinched a spot in the playoff's, you rested your player's, but according to Terry, you do the exact opposite.  So  the Sox can go home next, rest again. regroup for 2012, and TRY AGAIN. TO all the people who supported the Sox, went to games, paid their money, the  fans got short changed in the end. Because their is no way the Sox are going to NY and win 3 games, and then next week in Tampa Bay the Yankee's will REST their starters, thus giving the Ray's a very good chance to sweep the Yankee's, and in all likelyhood the Sox are done. But let's suppose the Sox actually do make the playoff's, now  we go into the playoff's with basically four pitcher's, Beckett, Lester, Aceves and Papelbon. Is that enough to win anything? I know we should stay positive and hope for the best, and have confidence that somehow the Sox can still pull this season into something positive, but this is real life, not a movie with a warm fuzzy  ending. I am like every other Sox fan, watching, hoping each batter will get that big hit, our pitchers will have a perfect inning, and in the end the Sox will win. But with each passing inning, with every pitch I see the season slipping further and further away. And of course in the area I live[Yankee country] try listening to the sports shows and hearing the glee and making fun of the Sox downfall is quite hard to take.  It's going to be a long,long winter. And finally while I have always thought Theo was the right man for the Sox, the fact that he did nothing to improve this team, is so glaring, that it makes you wonder what he saw or failed to see in his decision making. When Dice-K and Buchholz went down he should have gotten a proven starter, plus bullpen help. His failure to do that stands out as the major blunders of the year. Their is enough blame to go to the FO, to the manager, and to the player's. This is[was] truly a team effort in the total collaspe of 2011.
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

That's what kills me now about sports.  The players make millions and we in all good faith go to see a team at least do their best to win. When I started to go to games in the 1960s at least I did not have to pay a day's pay for a seat along left field. The players can take their millions and move on and never look back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

for the record, the division was conceded by mid-April

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411775. Show user_4411775's posts

In Response to Re: Francona got excatly what he wanted:
    [QUOTE]Peanut, your thread yesterday was about still winning the Division. Didn't you realize that the Division title has been conceded for over a week now? We are now praying to win the wild card.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

The Sox are still mathematically in the division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

theres nothing that another start by scott weiland cant fix! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Francona got excatly what he wanted:
    [QUOTE]for the record, the division was conceded by mid-April
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

And for the record it took you until mid-September to say that.

Sections
Shortcuts