Francona is a dope

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Francona is a dope

I like Terry Francona, but he pinch hits for Josh Reddick who has been 12 for his last 24, and he let's Lowrie bat, who has been 1 for his last 18.

That is just plain dumb managing. Forget the percentages. Look at who's 
    been producing.

Lowrie doesn't deserve to be in there, given his lack of production and horrible fielding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

Re: Francona is a dope

Thank God that I finally found the game thread. I have been searching for it for hours.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Francona is a dope:
    I like Terry Francona, but he pinch hits for Josh Reddick who has been 12 for his last 24, and he let's Lowrie bat, who has been 1 for his last 18. That is just plain dumb managing. Forget the percentages. Look at who's  been producing. Lowrie doesn't deserve to be in there, given his lack of production and horrible fielding.
    Posted by ADG

How is Jed Lowrie in the lineup anywhere but the 9 hole let alone the being in the lineup period.  I'm tired of seeing him penciled in game after game.  Give Aviles a shot.

I'm sure Josh Reddick was happy losing a chance to bat over McDonald.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

that is some seriously sharp, all-star type managing there!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

I tried to tell you all about Francona, but all I get is the same old lame excuses for him.How to you pitch to Longoria (their best hitter). You walk him and set up the dp. Francona just can't manage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Come on you Tito lovers, what's your excuses for him now. Another thing why do you take out Reddick who is hot, for that useless McDonald.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I like Terry Francona, but he pinch hits for Josh Reddick who has been 12 for his last 24, and he let's Lowrie bat, who has been 1 for his last 18. That is just plain dumb managing. Forget the percentages. Look at who's  been producing. Lowrie doesn't deserve to be in there, given his lack of production and horrible fielding.
    Posted by ADG

I agree 100% ADG...have you also noticed Bard seems to be throwing a lot more offspeed stuff? Someone might want to remind him to start challenging batters again...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by ADG

THIS was absolutely the #1 reason for THIS LOSS!   D'Mac gives us NOTHING!  I don't want to hear about his previous 13 AB's!

HE cost us at the plate, but HE LOST this game on the fly ball to Ells!!!!!

Ells had that ball NO PROBLEM, until D'Mac saunters into his line.

THIS is NO JOKE anymore!

Look....  I like the kid, but he simply must go!

This LOSS IS on Francona!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

pitching to Longoria with me screaming at the TV to put him on and set up the double play ball with a strike out king at bat.. FRANCOMA!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Francona's fiddling while Rome burns. This DMac righty-lefty  thing makes me want to upchuck. Yech! A Mendoza Line hitter subbing for a hot-hitting Reddick. He should have been DFA'd long ago. I used to think Tito had some baseball sense, but his "non-moves" tonight make me wonder.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Here' a question: Lets say your facing a starter who dominates lefties or dominates righties, are you not making it easier for them by giving them a good chance for an out every other at bat?

This L R L R thing is a fetish... its a psychological break.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's a proven practice, not a fetish. Look at the splits, this year and career, and do a study before spouting ignorance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

its stupid, by the way is it working? Does it warrant putting a .250 part time player in the 2 slot?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's a pct play. % plays work a portion of the time.
    Comparing career numbers to a season's data to a given match-up can result in three different results.
    Why is it you say nothing when it works?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

All you pink-hatters can just go home !

You know nothing about baseball.

Macdonald was an obvious choice to PH for a hot Reddick- he might of got a hit and the match-up was possible. Beside Reddick might have needed an AB -off.

Obvious!

Francona is the greatest manager in MLB today with 2 count-em 2 WS rings. Sure he has the occasional brain freeze which cost us games on a regular basis but he himself has only lost us about 20 games this year.

Remember - it was Terry who put Roberts in to pitch-run for Millar about 10 years ago and for that I want him to stay until he's pulled out on stretcher.

Yours Truly,

The Francona Lover !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

L R R L R .... fisrt 5 batters of the 2004 WSC team.... 

R R L R R L .... first 6 batters in the 2007 average line-up, also a WSC team.

Seems again that if you want to stick with L R L R and the only way to do that is to bat Scutaro or MacDonald in the 2 spot than your really making a mistake, not to mention Reddick batting 5th... total absurdity.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

2004 - many line-ups were used during the season. The reason Tito went with
    LRRLR in the WS was because he opted for Manny to hit 3rd over Papi. Otherwise, it's LRLRL.
    Manny had even splits vs L/R. But Papi hit far better against righties.

In 2007, Tito opted to go with Pedey/Youk at the top of the order as they had the best OBP. That was the over-riding factor.

The 2011 team is predominately LH and certain positions like lead-off and 3rd are cemented. What's ludicrous is to line-up 3 lefties in a row because it means the opposing mgr. can better utilize his pen...and save arms.

This isn't the CG era, where you can stockpile hitters of the same R or L.
    Crawford doesn't have the OBP to hit in the early spots.
    Personal, health, form, and game pitcher dictate what line-up has the best pct. of success.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Nope. You can never ever justify putting MacDonald or even Scutaro in the 2 spot while Carl Crawford bats 7th or sits on the bench... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Crawford spits: L/R OPS .567/.746
    Mac: L/R OPS: .354/.766
    Scut is hitting .330 since August 1st. He is hitting both L/R.

You can never justify being too lazy to research pertinent data.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Really, this stuff is so boring. 

Got an assignment.  Hard, hard work.

Get out your mamangerial histories, and I know some off you have them because you tell us all the time.

Post them, W-L, competition level, AND THE COMPLAINTS OF THOSE WHO DISAGREED WITH YOU ALONGO THE WAY.  And I know there are those folks too.

I helped start the booster club for our JV/Varsity Soccer about 14 years ago, was an unpaid parent aide at each practice for two seasons, which I loved, not a sacrifice at all, but I got the coach's side of things and every parent who was a soccer know-sumthing, too.

That coach never made one right call.  Not one.  According to the experts in the stands.  Some of them listened to their kids - the same kids that would not put out in practice like they should.  Some of them coched children's teams in the community, so they knew better.  Some of them had phenom kids for players, so they knew better.

I never understood how the parents could be so crass, hateful and negative - and some of them go to work with the guy the next day (teachers) and act like the whole thing didn't happen.  

I wanna hear it from you experts.

Not just what you know, but what other people know you don't know.  I want to hear the carp people said about you.  

That's the hard part of the assignment. 

What?

You didn't keep record of that?

And here we are, keeping record of all our expertese with this dope who has led this unbelievably hard sports town with their peerless negative wisdom (I say that because when things go well, YOU NEVER GIVE HIM ANY CREDIT) ... for all the word to see and only the mods to erase ...

So,

let's be honest.  Give us your  - NO, NOT YOUR OPINION, WE KNOW THAT ALREADY - opposing opinions.

Can ya man up?

Huh? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Posted by ADG

etc. etc. etc.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Francona is a dope:
                    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz    Really, this stuff is so boring.       Got an assignment.  Hard, hard work.    Get out your mamangerial histories, and I know some off you have them because you tell us all the time.    Post them, W-L, competition level, AND THE COMPLAINTS OF THOSE WHO DISAGREED WITH YOU ALONGO THE WAY.  And I know there are those folks too.   I helped start the booster club for our JV/Varsity Soccer about 14 years ago, was an unpaid parent aide at each practice for two seasons, which I loved, not a sacrifice at all, but I got the coach's side of things and every parent who was a soccer know-sumthing, too.   That coach never made one right call.  Not one.  According to the experts in the stands.  Some of them listened to their kids - the same kids that would not put out in practice like they should.  Some of them coched children's teams in the community, so they knew better.  Some of them had phenom kids for players, so they knew better.   I never understood how the parents could be so crass, hateful and negative - and some of them go to work with the guy the next day (teachers) and act like the whole thing didn't happen.     I wanna hear it from you experts.    Not just what you know, but what other people know you don't know.  I want to hear the carp people said about you.      That's the hard part of the assignment.          What?     You didn't keep record of that?      And here we are, keeping record of all our expertese with this dope who has led this unbelievably hard sports town with their peerless negative wisdom (I say that because when things go well, YOU NEVER GIVE HIM ANY CREDIT) ... for all the word to see and only the mods to erase ...     So,     let's be honest.  Give us your  - NO, NOT YOUR OPINION, WE KNOW THAT ALREADY - opposing opinions.     Can ya man up?     Huh? 
    Posted by SinceYaz

OK, you have already posted this elsewhere, and it's annoying in both places.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Francona is a dope:
    Crawford spits: L/R OPS . 567 /.746 Mac: L/R OPS: . 354 /.766 Scut is hitting .330 since August 1st. He is hitting both L/R. You can never justify being too lazy to research pertinent data.
    Posted by harness

irrelevant, are they winning? Your suggesting it would be okay to bat AGon 8th so long as he fell within the L R L routine.  Scutaro and DMace do not win games. The big boys do..... 

Sections
Shortcuts