Francona is a dope

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

Re: Francona is a dope

it is most unbelievable that a team can collapse this way, from the top down
    at some point someone has to step in and tell this group of overpaid egos that the fans have paid to see serious baseball. When you look at players not running out possible hits(ortiz, reddick) or trying to be ultimate entertainer on the mound (papelbon) a good manager would yank these guys off the field and demand performance or replace in line-up, nope we just keep em playing.
    Payroll is how much???, a good triple A team would take them anyday, need a good "fall yard sale'' , really clean the house, and then try to get back in the spring

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

harness and his ilk are arguing splits for marginal players when are team is playing .200 ball in the most important month of the regualr season...

would you put MacD in that situation in the layoffs? hardly - Francona would be driven out on a rail if he did that - so dont do it now...dont replace a .300 hitter with a .200 hitter EVER

honestly you cant fix stupid

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Francona is a dope:
    [QUOTE]It's a proven practice, not a fetish. Look at the splits, this year and career, and do a study before spouting ignorance.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

But taking out a Reddick for a DMac assumes that for the rest of the game, he will have the same L-R matchup. 

Plus, Reddick was 12 for his last 24. Don't you think some of those hits came against lefties?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]It's a proven practice, not a fetish. Look at the splits, this year and career, and do a study before spouting ignorance.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Reddick should sit so mac can bat against lefties? I believe Red should NOT be hit for..hes good against either..Mac cant hit anyone this year..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]harness and his ilk are arguing splits for marginal players when are team is playing .200 ball in the most important month of the regualr season... would you put MacD in that situation in the layoffs? hardly - Francona would be driven out on a rail if he did that - so dont do it now...dont replace a .300 hitter with a .200 hitter EVER honestly you cant fix stupid
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

That is what I dont get... the team is failing and some sit and argue the merits of relying on players like DMac to bat 2nd and Reddick to bat 5th. Get Crawford in there, bump AGON to the 4 hole... or move Ortiz to clean-up, get your studs in order, throw right left right left out the window... 

Lets just take a pitcher who holds lefties to .200 BA this year... what favor do we do that particular pitcher by goiung L-R-L-R?  I will tell you - we make it easier for him to get through the line-up. Every other batter is an out.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona is a dope : That is what I dont get... the team is failing and some sit and argue the merits of relying on players like DMac to bat 2nd and Reddick to bat 5th. Get Crawford in there, bump AGON to the 4 hole... or move Ortiz to clean-up, get your studs in order, throw right left right left out the window... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with HAVING to do the L-R-L-R thing all the time. I could care less what some of the numbers say..Sometimes my eyes tell me something different..Baseball, sometimes, is about a gut instinct or the good old eye test..Not always have to be about the sabermetrics..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

its irrational at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]its irrational at this point.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I agree.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Francona is a dope : I agree 100% ADG...have you also noticed Bard seems to be throwing a lot more offspeed stuff? Someone might want to remind him to start challenging batters again...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

pitching off speed is a sign of a sore or tired arm. Bard - who is great for us- is done for the year, too much abuse by Francona

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona is a dope : But taking out a Reddick for a DMac assumes that for the rest of the game, he will have the same L-R matchup.  Plus, Reddick was 12 for his last 24. Don't you think some of those hits came against lefties?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

What some of us, you and me included, don't realize is that Francona has information available to him that we don't. Did either of us stop to think that Reddick might be over tired from running the bases after all those hits? D Mac was probably not as tired, since he hadn't had to run the bases. I bet Harness understands this concept.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

I like the rest up and be cautious approach to September.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

[QUOTE]I like the rest up and be cautious approach to September.
    Posted by SOfTLaw1AAA[/QUOTE]
    well it has worked before.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m