Francona Lack of Knowlede of Double Switching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Francona Lack of Knowlede of Double Switching

In tonight's game, Josh Reddick pinch hit for Lester. Once the inning ended, he could have put the new pitcher in either McDonald's or Cameron's spot. They were due up 1st and 2nd in the next inning.  By doing this, he could have left Reddick in the game in the 9th spot in the order and when the pitcher came up in McDonald's or Cameron's spot, they would have pinch hit anyway, as they did for Cameron.

This would have kept Reddick in the game, but he was wasted by replacing him with Albers. He could have had Ortiz pinch hit for Varitek and who knows what would have happened.

Think Terry.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Francona Lack of Knowlede of Double Switching

No, he knows about the double switching.  Managed in the NL for 4 years and he did the double switch a few times in the '07 Series.  I think he just wanted to leave DMac in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Lack of Knowlede of Double Switching:
    No, he knows about the double switching.  Managed in the NL for 4 years and he did the double switch a few times in the '07 Series.  I think he just wanted to leave DMac in the game.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Right, so he made the decision of leaving DMac in the game instead of Reddick.
    Comical

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He want to stick with the righty back because there where none on the bench and there was a lefty Ortiz still on the bench. It is pretty simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Lack of Knowlede of Double Switching:
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

"MANAGED IN THE NL FOR 4 YEARS"
    Is that how Philly fans would describe what he did while being called their manager??? Too funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

It's not like the double switch is some profound strategy that only NL managers know about or know how to use.  The average baseball fans know what a double switch is.  I know it's hard for some people, but give Francona some credit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Francona's done the double-switch plenty of times.  He simply saw no advantage in it last night. 

Everyone seems to be unaware that the Pirates pitching was actually pretty good.  They gave up 9 hits, but all of them were singles. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

People can blame Francona but it doesn't change our lack of extra base hits right now, we aren't slugging the ball well, that'll change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

This righty lefty philosophy is losing games.   I agree, keeping Reddick in the game would have helped.  McD looks like a scared sheep at the plate.  At least Reddick has confidence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I am sure Tito is well aware of the double switch...seriously...to say otherwise is ludicrous. He simply decided not to do it last night in that situation, whether you agree with that move or not.

I am far more concerned about The Bucs pitching and the fact that we are playing by NL rules right now. Not real comfortable in my Red Sox skin right now. We need a win badly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Theo has not built a team with the ultimate goal of winning in NL parks.

I doubt any AL GM has either.

It would be stupid to worry about such things as double-switching and sacrficing as these two practices are virtually nonexistant in the American League.

Suffer through these few games on NL parks and hope you score runs and get good pitching. It is insane to think that your whole season depends on 9 games in NL parks in late June.

Interleague play is an idea that should have been killed before it hatched. It is foolish to think that AL teams are really going to stay awake nights making roster changes to accomodate these few games that should be exhibition games or not played at all.

Everybody hates interleague play, it generates no fan excitement, it gains no extra revenue for teams, it causes managers headaches, and I really doubt players like it very much either.

Time to end it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Agreed ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Of course it's worth noting that the Sox have the best record in inerleague play since 2003 -- something like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaycoach. Show jaycoach's posts

Perhaps the OP's premise might have more weight had he been able to spell the title correctly

Sections
Shortcuts