Francona Refusing to Attend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Francona Refusing to Attend

The organization is becomming patently dysfunctional. The pinnacle celebration in the history of the ball club can't even bring the manager back that took away the albatrosse of the curse.

Truly, in free-fall when it should be one of the most memorable events in the history of this organization...

Don't complain when others fault this team when comparing heritage or tradition...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Francona Refusing to Attend

Good for Tito. I totally agree with his decision.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Joe Torre was maligned on his way out of Yankee Stadium. Tito got terrible treatment on his way out of Fenway. Yogi refused to go to Tankee Stadium for years because of Steinbrenner treatment. Being a manager who is fired and then thinking they are going to participate in team activities after the fact, especially within months of being fired.....it's moronic of ownership to even ask or offer an invite. It's awkward and really it's like getting a 2-week notice and then a nice pen set as congratulations for your time as a worker at your company. Tito did the right thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He wasn't just fired.  They said he lost control of the team.  They suggested he was abusing prescription drugs and that was a reason that he lost the team.  They brought up the problems in his marriage.

They could have gotten together with Tito and gotten him to say that he was wore out and needed to step away from managing for a while.  In exchange, ownership could have thrown him some cash and on the surface it would look OK.

But the way Ownership handled it was terrible.

I'm sure there was riff between Tito and ownership.  I'm sure the riff stemmed from disagreements about what the team needed to get to the post season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I'd be willing to bet more people support Francona than management at this time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

+1 Tito ... 'nuff said

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

I suspect all parties involved would feel awkward if Francona did attend. Now is not the time; wounds must heal. Tito is making the right decision for himself, his former players, and even a new manager off to a slow start. Fans may or may not like Francona as a manager, but he has always tried to hold a kind and professional demeanor. He is one of the nice guys in the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Tito was upset that the FO did not do enough to find out who was the leak.
    He never said it was the FO but some one in the clubhouse.
    I'm assuming he is not coming back because that person he suspects is still around.
    Which on another note maybe a cause for concern all of this year.
    If you can not trust the people you spend 2/3 of the year with it will never be a good clubhouse. IMHO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I will always have a warm spot in my heart for Terry. He is a good man and his legacy is secure in Beantown. But he was fired for good cause, he DID have an addictions problem which I feel exacerbated his already suspect on field managing abilities leading to the greatest September collapse in baseball history, and he's acting poorly now in refusing to attend this celebration of Fenway Park's 100 yr. anniversary. It's all part of that "it's all about me" mentality that's been killing our team for years now. Was he hurt and does he have a right to feel pain over his dismissal? Yes. Should he petulantly take it out on the fans by refusing to attend a function that all other living Red Sox managerswill be attending? Hell no! It's immature, childish, and it will come back to haunt him in the future. You only celebrate a centennial event once Francona. You better snap out of it and report for duty. Or it WILL cost you somewhere down the line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Refusing to Attend:
    [QUOTE]I suspect all parties involved would feel awkward if Francona did attend. Now is not the time; wounds must heal. Tito is making the right decision for himself, his former players, and even a new manager off to a slow start. Fans may or may not like Francona as a manager, but he has always tried to hold a kind and professional demeanor. He is one of the nice guys in the game.
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]

Well said, Time Heals!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Joe Torre was maligned on his way out of Yankee Stadium. Tito got terrible treatment on his way out of Fenway. Yogi refused to go to Tankee Stadium for years because of Steinbrenner treatment. Being a manager who is fired and then thinking they are going to participate in team activities after the fact, especially within months of being fired.....it's moronic of ownership to even ask or offer an invite. It's awkward and really it's like getting a 2-week notice and then a nice pen set as congratulations for your time as a worker at your company. Tito did the right thing.

Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] I don't think you can compare how this Yankee management (post George) treated Torre as opposed to the way current Sox management treated Francona. Torre was offered $5M plus incentives - hadn't won anything in 8 years and mishandled the 2007 playoffs badly. Almost everyone who played or worked for the Yankees that had run ins with management comes back - probably even Torre will. Berra came back, Jackson, even Lou Piniella is working for YES now. Asdie from Nomar - things seem to end badly when players and Sox mangement go their separate ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

100% Tito backer on this one...they may not have wanted him back but the way they handled it was not classy.  I wouldn't be surprised if he rejected any Boston overtures in the future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You all know I don't like Francona but I don't blame him one bit. 

He was a bad manager and he lost control of the team but there is no reason to continue to throw him under the bus. 

Good for you Francona!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]You all know I don't like Francona but I don't blame him one bit.  He was a bad manager and he lost control of the team but there is no reason to continue to throw him under the bus.  Good for you Francona!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I  completely agree with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I understand how Francona feels and I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to attend.  However, it's a real shame that he won't be part of the festivities.  He deserves to be.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

"It is bitter, bitter.  But I like it, because it is bitter, and because it is my heart."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Tito would get a standing-O and Luchino would and still may be boo'ed.

Sections
Shortcuts