Francona self-medicated as manager...admits it book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Francona self-medicated as manager...admits it book

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

He may have popped a few painkillers.  But his succesor spent an entire season speedballing cocaine, heroin and LSD for good measure.  I mean, thats really the only way to explain his 'managerial' exploits.

I don't think drugs are necessary to explain Bobby V. Just a narcissistic self absorbed personality.

Is narcissistic self absorbed the new term for completely crazy? Then he's a narcissistic self absorbed personality.

I don't think Bobby V is narcisstic; but he was definitely the wrong guy for this team. The goal was to shake up the culture, and while the idea may have been good since he was supposed to be the "anti-Francona", and while it wasn't for a lack of trying, as well as being a very smart baseball guy. his shortcomings only made things much worse. It wouldn't surprise me if Farrell was a 1 yr Mgr as well; it's a tough task, when you consider all the elements; perhaps the only job harder is President. When Farrell sees how good his former team is, he may have misgivings as well.

Bobby V is out of his mind. Like I said a while ago, there's no way they didn't know that. You could easily tell just by having one conversation with him. I'm assuming they had at least one. I don't believe he was hired as the anti-Francona. They could have hired alot of different not-crazy people to do that. It may have been a favor, maybe because of his ESPN ties. It was obvious they were going to hire him no matter who they interviewed. No sane person would do that unless they thought they were getting coverage in return.

The coverage turned out to be negative about the team, with Bobby leading the way. It's possible they wanted the negative coverage on the team, or at least the players they weren't happy with. A lot of players got tossed during that time. I don't believe that's an accident.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He may have popped a few painkillers.  But his succesor spent an entire season speedballing cocaine, heroin and LSD for good measure.  I mean, thats really the only way to explain his 'managerial' exploits.

I don't think drugs are necessary to explain Bobby V. Just a narcissistic self absorbed personality.

Is narcissistic self absorbed the new term for completely crazy? Then he's a narcissistic self absorbed personality.

I don't think Bobby V is narcisstic; but he was definitely the wrong guy for this team. The goal was to shake up the culture, and while the idea may have been good since he was supposed to be the "anti-Francona", and while it wasn't for a lack of trying, as well as being a very smart baseball guy. his shortcomings only made things much worse. It wouldn't surprise me if Farrell was a 1 yr Mgr as well; it's a tough task, when you consider all the elements; perhaps the only job harder is President. When Farrell sees how good his former team is, he may have misgivings as well.

I believe this was true with Farrell in Toronto as well.

I think hes a much better fit in Boston and believe the team will be much more successful with him leading the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I believe this was true with Farrell in Toronto as well.

I think hes a much better fit in Boston and believe the team will be much more successful with him leading the team.

You have a point.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im saying he was high and didnt follow through on any disciplinary action when the team started to fall apart and act like frat boys...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Strangeglove's comment:

You know, I was glad to see him go. Every time and I do mean every time they put him on camera all he seemed interested in doing was stuffing his mouth with bubble gum.  Can you imagine what his teeth was like?

With his money alot better then yours.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My belief is that while Tito wants to get his point across about the ownership not being very knowledgeable about baseball in general,and at times interfered with the operations of the team,he won't be throwing any player under the bus.

I'm sure he has some horror stories about the way Manny acted along with other players.I'm willing to bet though while he may divulge 1 or 2 incidents with the players,they'll probably more as a funny situation,or a sad event.He won't tell all he knows and saw happening with them.He was a players manager and protected them then,so he'll probably protect them now as well.It's not going to be a scathing review of the time he spent here.Once it comes out,we'll probably see that the focus is on himself rather than those around him and not all that controversial.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

het where are pike, joey and notin? werent they the ones leading the charge against the Hohler report and claiming that francona was smeared?

he looked like francoma to me...he was too juiced to the gills apparently to complain about drinking in the clubhouse...then again im sure he didnt want to be throwingstones in that glass house he was living in....

you three should send your apologies to hohler asap

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/10/12/red_sox_unity_dedication_dissolved_during_epic_late_season_collapse/

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

het where are pike, joey and notin? werent they the ones leading the charge against the Hohler report and claiming that francona was smeared?

he looked like francoma to me...he was too juiced to the gills apparently to complain about drinking in the clubhouse...then again im sure he didnt want to be throwingstones in that glass house he was living in....

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/10/12/red_sox_unity_dedication_dissolved_during_epic_late_season_collapse/

He was always clear and concise, during all the pre and post games, Geo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheley. Show sheley's posts

LOL!! Good one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

When people release personal information, it is not just a smear campaign, it is illegal.  The RS FO showed a complete lack of decorum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When people release personal information, it is not just a smear campaign, it is illegal.  The RS FO showed a complete lack of decorum.

if you are abusing drugs, your employer has every right to fire you...that info is not confidential.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

if you are abusing drugs, your employer has every right to fire you...that info is not confidential.....

If that person wasn't arrested for a crime and have a legal prescription, it is confidential information.

Medical infromation is alway confidential.

Not even you can be that dense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

If that person wasn't arrested for a crime and have a legal prescription, it is confidential information.

ROTFLMAO!  You don't release any personal information.  I get these calls at work.

1-I have never been asked anything but date of hire and the date they left.

2-I have never offered anything but that, and would not do so even if asked.

I'd love to hear Geo on one of those calls with a bank confirming dates of employment.  With the bank saying thank you on the verge of hanging up, Geo starts telling them a bunch of personal stuff about the employee.  The employee might not get his loan, but since he would eventually own Geo's house, no damage done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

if you are abusing drugs, that is illegal behavior....i dont think confidentiality laws supercede that....no one knew what the meds were that he was taking, just that he was self-medicating in order to get high...now if they released personal info on his prescriptions, then i think he would have a case....point is moot since francona admitted what he did....why blame the messenger? what about personal responsbility? oh yea, its never francona's fault...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

ROTFLMAO!  You don't release any personal information.  I get these calls at work.

1-I have never been asked anything but date of hire and the date they left.

2-I have never offered anything but that, and would not do so even if asked.

I'd love to hear Geo on one of those calls with a bank confirming dates of employment.  With the bank saying thank you on the verge of hanging up, Geo starts telling them a bunch of personal stuff about the employee.  The employee might not get his loan, but since he would eventually own Geo's house, no damage done.

LOL!

Hopefully, he'll never be in such a position, for his own sake and those of his employees.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

if you are abusing drugs, that is illegal behavior....i dont think confidentiality laws supercede that....no one knew what the meds were that he was taking, just that he was self-medicating in order to get high...now if they released personal info on his prescriptions, then i think he would have a case....point is moot since francona admitted what he did....why blame the messenger? what about personal responsbility? oh yea, its never francona's fault...

Yup. You really are that clueless...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[/QUOTE]

Ron Washington? are you saying the Rangers didnt test him for drugs and annouce his positive test?

the bottom line is that the sox could have fired Francona for taking/abusing drugs...instead of giving him a random drug test to confirm the obvious and then firing him, they let him walk...stop whining

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Just for fun, show me where he said he self-medicating to get high.  I haven't read the excerpts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ron Washington? are you saying the Rangers didnt test him for drugs and annouce his positive test?

the bottom line is that the sox could have fired Francona for taking/abusing drugs...instead of giving him a random drug test to confirm the obvious and then firing him, they let him walk...stop whining

[/QUOTE]

What part of "legal prescription drug" don't you understand?

"stop whining"

LOL!! That's a riot, coming from you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if you are abusing legal prescription drugs, you are violating the law, and mlb substance abuse policy...or are there special rules for Francona?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

if you are abusing legal prescription drugs, you are violating the law, and mlb substance abuse policy...or are there special rules for Francona?

I guess you missed Joe's post, so I 'll repost it.

I hope he doesn't mind;

"Just for fun, show me where he said he self-medicating to get high.  I haven't read the excerpts."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

BTW, it's good to know teams like the Rangers and Indians show more compassion and understanding than you do.

I take back what I said about you being a lousy GM.

You'd fit right in with the dirty-tricks, back-stabbing mentality of the Sox FO.