Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness

Stabbed in the back on his way out the door. Ignored multiple times trying to call John Henry to discuss things out. And he still handles himself with class.

I can't believe the Globe hasn't written much of anything about it, I guess most people just want to please the big bad owner, or fear the wrath of his "unscheduled" studio visits!

I can't believe after everything Francona did, fell on his sword on the way out the door, management plants the drug dependency story (it didn't come from anywhere else, nobody had an axe to grind or a spin to create besides ownership who looked horrible after firing him), then Francona has SEVEN CALLS go unreturned from Henry before finally having a chat with him a few weeks ago.

John Henry may be a decent business man, but he is not a very good person AT ALL. Money grubbing, out of touch clown.

I'll root for the teamon the field, but I won't commit a single cent to this ownership group. Sure, they get a little from my sitting and watching a game, but beyond that, not a single red cent. Not even a copper one. Not a slug. Nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness

been there done that... told my contract would be renewed in a room full of people. two weeks later no renewel, nobody answered their emails or phone messages.... and I am 1/10 accomplished as tito

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness:
    been there done that... told my contract would be renewed in a room full of people. two weeks later no renewel, nobody answered their emails or phone messages.... and I am 1/10 accomplished as tito
    Posted by BurritoT

Wasn't that in 1999 or three years before John Henry became the owner?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

The drug dependency thing was slimy, no doubt.

Don't care who planted the story - kicking a guy when he was down is just a no-class move, so the entire FO shares in that.

But it's time to take a lesson from Tito and move on.

Living well is the best revenge.

Here endeth the lesson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Posted by BurritoT

More like 1/10000000000000

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The drug dependency thing was slimy, no doubt. Don't care who planted the story - kicking a guy when he was down is just a no-class move, so the entire FO shares in that. But it's time to take a lesson from Tito and move on. Living well is the best revenge. Here endeth the lesson.
    Posted by summerof67

Robert Hohler never disclosed his sources. All that one can do is speculate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The drug dependency thing was slimy, no doubt. Don't care who planted the story - kicking a guy when he was down is just a no-class move, so the entire FO shares in that. But it's time to take a lesson from Tito and move on. Living well is the best revenge. Here endeth the lesson.
    Posted by summerof67

Sound advice, as Tito said "it's not healthy to carry grudges." And he's right.

I got nothing else, it's a solid point...now if I could follow it, I'm sure I'd be better off.

Until then...LET THE POSTS FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I never bought the drug thing, but I also didn't think the FO was obligated to renew Francona's contract.  8 years in Boston is an awfully long time, and the September slide was reason enough to look elsewhere because you can't fire the players. 

I like Valentine so far, but I don't think the manager wins that many games anyway.  I loved the suicide squeeze last night, but know the Sox won an awful lot of games without bunting that much. 

As someone else said, a lot depends on the pitching, and right now the bullpen doesn't look too good. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness : Robert Hohler never disclosed his sources. All that one can do is speculate.
    Posted by lowelll

I still think the source for the Francona stuff was a clubhouse guy -- someone who saw him every day, saw his locker, etc. Often, those type of guys like to talk to show off.

As for the ownership group, yeah, they made some mistakes and didn't exactly handle everything right for about a two- or three-month period last fall. But overall, they've been an excellent group, spending money on the team, the park, trying to be fan friendly. Yeah, they try to bring in every last cent, but:

A. If you don't like it, don't spend the money.

B. What owner doesn't, and if he doesn't, he's not very successful. Fenway is hardly the only place with overpriced tickets and overpriced concessions. Anyone been to "family-friendly" Disney recently.

C: The fans are the ones screaming that they spend as much as the Yankees, so we can hardly begrudge them trying to bring in has much revenue as they can so they have the money to spend.

Before last fall, anyone finding fault with this ownership group, which has been infinetely better than the Harrington regime, heck even the Yawkey regime, simply does so out of a knee-jerk reaction to not liking them simply because they're rich businessmen.

Before last fall, what exactly had they done to earn wrath from fans?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Posted by BurritoT

You are the only one suprised by this. The rest of us can fully understand why nobody would want to talk to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The Red Sox MLPA casued Tito to have to be fired. Nothing Henry could do with indolent labor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

francona has nothing to gripe about...the pills story was uncalled for but for seven years he had the support of management no matter what he did...they both should just move on and call it a day

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

.the pills story was uncalled for 

Agreed.

but for seven years he had the support of management no matter what he did

Yeah, like win two W.S. titles.

...they both should just move on and call it a day

Agree. Although it should be noted that he was just answering a question from the media, which was expected since this was the first time he was in front of the media a whole since last year. From every side now -- Henry, Francona, media, fans -- it's time for everyone to move on and call it a day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy...im not going to argue again about francona's acumen as manager...he was paid well, and given every chance to do well since 2007...thats the way business works....he will always be the manager that brought the sox an unimaginable champinship (s)

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

As usual, the glorious, obnoxious press hid behind their erasers citing 'sources'.

For all the garbage the press writes, ths source could have been my cat.  Who, incidentally, I give more credibility to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

As usual, the glorious, obnoxious press hid behind their erasers citing 'sources'. For all the garbage the press writes, ths source could have been my cat.  Who, incidentally, I give more credibility to.
    Posted by ampoule

Or just a lie that was made up to create news & credited to an unnamed source. If a name is not put to the source, more than likely it's BS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness : Wasn't that in 1999 or three years before John Henry became the owner?
    Posted by lowelll

hillarious, different company.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness : More like 1/10000000000000
    Posted by TBINFL

Hey that is the best compliment you have ever given Tito... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Francona sheds more light on Henry's disingenuousness : hillarious, different company.
    Posted by BurritoT

Different company, different Red Sox owner, who knows what the heck your point was if indeed there was any point?

Sections
Shortcuts