Francona? Surely, you jest!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Francona? Surely, you jest!

Just who are the idiots who make these Manager of the Year, etc selections?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Francona? Surely, you jest!

Why cant we get guys like that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Congratulations Terry on turning your mediocre baseball team into....a slightly above mediocre baseball team who didn't even make it past the wildcard round.  

Oh, worst to first... happens all the time!

Pathetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Congratulations Terry on turning your mediocre baseball team into....a slightly above mediocre baseball team who didn't even make it past the wildcard round.  

Oh, worst to first... happens all the time!

Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]
    WTH, this is appalling, John Farrell was ROBBED!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This about makes Tito the best manager in history.  The first WS for the Red Sox in 86 years.  Now, 24 games better than last year.  Anyone in here predict that CL would beat out TB and Texas, and come within one game of knocking Detroit out of 1st?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Francona is very deserving, IMO.  If I'm not mistaken, the voting for all of these awards is done before the playoffs begin, so none of what happens in the postseason is taken into account.  Not that it would make much difference in terms of what Francona accomplished with the Indians.

Cleveland's turnaround was every bit at remarkable as the Red Sox turnaround.  

I'm not saying that Farrell wasn't deserving.  You can't go wrong with either one of them.

CONGRATS TITO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

This about makes Tito the best manager in history.  The first WS for the Red Sox in 86 years.  Now, 24 games better than last year.  Anyone in here predict that CL would beat out TB and Texas, and come within one game of knocking Detroit out of 1st?

Tito is that man!

Somewhere in the FOM Universe, heads are exploding.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

The 2013 Indians were 24 games better than '12 record and lost the Wild Card game.

The 2013 Red Sox were  28 games better than '12 record and won the World Series.

Who did a better job turning a team around?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to crix's comment:

The 2013 Indians were 24 games better than '12 record and lost the Wild Card game.

The 2013 Red Sox were  28 games better than '12 record and won the World Series.

Who did a better job turning a team around?

Tito.  The RS were > .500 at the end of July, 2012, with the worst manager in BB.  There was no real reason not to expect the RS to win about 89 games.  Farrell did a great job, but Tito was just slightly better.  And it didn't hurt to have a couple of ex-Yankees telling the world that Tito was an incredible manager.

For me, I picked the RS for 1st, and CL for 2nd, but had CL missing the playoffs.  So based on my pre-season predictions, and not including post-season, Tito out-performed to a greater degree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

This is just ridiculous, love tito and all like most sox fans do but srsly...wth???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

To leave him OFF the ballot completely is yet again another travesty In baseballs crotchety world. Those two writers shouldn't vote next year. Heck, All those who voted him 3rd should forfeit there's as well. If he wasnt top 2 then somethings very wrong.Crazy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Tito is that man!

Somewhere in the FOM Universe, heads are exploding.

LOL Kimmi... protective goggles optional Tongue Out 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Both were good choices.

Farrell came back from further, but Francona did more with less.  The Indians roster just does not stack up to the Red Sox roster...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I believe the voting takes place before the playoffs, but still a shocker. I'm sure Farrell would take the WS championship over MOY, all day, every day. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I don't agree with the outcome but at the same time I feel good for Tito.  This is the final vindication for the guy who was fired by the Red Sox and then trashed on the way out of town. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

IMO Farrell paid the price for being the manager of a big market team.  These teams are supposed to win so the manager can't get the credit for it when they do win.

OTOH when these teams lose it's the manager's fault.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Farrell is more deserving IMO BUT I am loving this as it is a giant FU to the handful of nutjobs in this forum who find a way to argue that Tito doesn't deserve credit for the 2 championships but all the blame for the bad season. 

Tito is clearly a top shelf manager, not to mention a good guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Really, you have to feel for Bob Melvin, who is not even the top "I was robbed" runner up.  He's been amazing in Oakland the last 2 seasons...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Really, you have to feel for Bob Melvin, who is not even the top "I was robbed" runner up.  He's been amazing in Oakland the last 2 seasons...

Good point, notin. No winners or losers here. All three candidates were worthy of the top spot. Congrats to all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1h

Francona: I'm sure than Farrell wouldn't trade the World Series for manager of the year award.

and he would know.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to S5's comment:

IMO Farrell paid the price for being the manager of a big market team.  These teams are supposed to win so the manager can't get the credit for it when they do win.

OTOH when these teams lose it's the manager's fault.

It's the same problem Tito had.  He should've won hands down in 2005, but the implication is that big market teams should always win.  This time he benefitted from it.

Sections
Shortcuts