Francona trashes Sox owners/management after 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Francona trashes Sox owners/management after 2010

said they were mostly concerned with "sexing" the team up because its image was dour...

comments?

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2013/01/terry_francona_red_sox_owners_dont_love_baseball.html#incart_river_default

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Francona trashes Sox owners/management after 2010

sorry, didnt see the other post..how can i delete this?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Geo., They blew up your " Cheri's worst moves post ." Truth hurts I guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

egg...censors running wild...thats ok...you get what you pay for

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Tito will do anything to make a dollar. In the end, it's the players who failed. The Players and Tito were paid a fortune to deliver championship baseball. They didn't deliver and the whining is sleezy and cowardly.

One can really only truly blame the owners for forcing the Red Sox to become something they shouldn't. Big names big contracts. When they fired Francona and went to Valentine because he was more marketable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Tito will do anything to make a dollar. In the end, it's the players who failed. The Players and Tito were paid a fortune to deliver championship baseball. They didn't deliver and the whining is sleezy and cowardly.

Pssst, they delivered championship baseball, assuming you think World Series Championships count as championships.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Softlaw... a comment such as "ownership liked baseball, they didn't love baseball" is hardly a Canseco like comment to sell books. Tito has been a class act from day one. I think he bit his tongue a lot with some players (Manny and Pedro) and with ownership, but once in awhile he defended himself. Saying he'll do anything to make a buck is stupid. Softlaw1 I'm not in agreement with everyone else on the board you're clueless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Last time I checked they won 2 WSC. Not sure how they "didnt deliver".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sour grapes by Francona...so much for keeping it classy...he inherited a very good team that competed every year,,,,like any manager on the planet would have said no to agon and crawford being signed....

i as a sox fan appreciated that investment and even though it didnt work out, at least they tried...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

As soon as they put the Coke Bottles on the Monster you knew what is was all about.... sexy wasn't it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

sour grapes by Francona...so much for keeping it classy...he inherited a very good team that competed every year,,,,like any manager on the planet would have said no to agon and crawford being signed....

i as a sox fan appreciated that investment and even though it didnt work out, at least they tried...

He also said some very good things about them as well...Seems to me hes just telling the truth. Ill wait to read the whole thing before i make a judgement. I can take one excerpt that was picked out of the whole book to get people talking as a basis for the whole book.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Tito was/is a gooood baseball man......  He was a good soldier here for his 8 years..... He had a great way of getting the most out of his players, including the "waywood" ones IE:  the "DESPICABLE MAN-CHILD-FRAUD-SH!!BUM"   !!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He also said some very good things about them as well...Seems to me hes just telling the truth. Ill wait to read the whole thing before i make a judgement. I can take one excerpt that was picked out of the whole book to get people talking as a basis for the whole book.

It's easier for some to deal with short sound bites.

It requires patience and self control to wait and read the book to get the whole story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

its a good thing the name attached to this quote wasnt valentine...because then folks on bdc wouldnt be so forgiving,  hypocrisy much?

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

its a good thing the name attached to this quote wasnt valentine...because then folks on bdc wouldnt be so forgiving,  hypocrisy much?

[/QUOTE]

Tito was a class act who had unprecedented success as a Sox manager for an 8 year period, while the egomaniacal Valentine guided the Sox to their worst season in nearly 50 years, while alienating pretty much everyone he came in contact with. So yeah, Francona has a bit more credibility when it comes to discussing the antics of the Sox Front Office.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

it was still an ungrateful, cheap comment, agreed?

Tito was a class act who had unprecedented success as a Sox manager for an 8 year period, while the egomaniacal Valentine guided the Sox to their worst season in nearly 50 years, while alienating pretty much everyone he came in contact with. So yeah, Francona has a bit more credibility when it comes to discussing the antics of the Sox Front Office.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[/QUOTE]

Far less cheap than the leaks about Francona that came out after the '11 season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[/QUOTE]

"“I’m not concerned with any fallout," said Francona. "If you read the book cover to cover, you’ll know why. There were plenty of good things that happened in Boston that we wrote about. There’s context. What’s in Sports Illustrated isn’t the whole story.”

I don't expect you to follow this line of reasoning.

Ranting about a few lines excerpted by SI is much more your style.

I hear TMZ is hiring...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'll be reading the book when it comes out, and will withhold judgment until then.

I'm sure it contains some passages that could be construed as "sour grapes" by Francona, but after the way he was run out of town in 2011 I think he has every right to put his side of the story out there. And the most successful manager in Red Sox history should not be compared to Bobby Valentine in pretty much any respect...ever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I can understand that Tito would be bitter about how he was treated on his way out. But he should remember that the owners gave him the job and kept him for eight years. A pretty good run for a manager. He was well paid and always provided with talented players.  I have to wonder if he will have anything to say about his own problems. Or , will he have anything negative to say about some of his players and coaches who contributed to his termination. If all he does is rip the owners , I will lose respect for his credibility. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I can understand that Tito would be bitter about how he was treated on his way out. But he should remember that the owners gave him the job and kept him for eight years. A pretty good run for a manager. He was well paid and always provided with talented players.  I have to wonder if he will have anything to say about his own problems. Or , will he have anything negative to say about some of his players and coaches who contributed to his termination. If all he does is rip the owners , I will lose respect for his credibility. 

"€œI'€™m not concerned with any fallout," said Francona. "If you read the book cover to cover, you'€™ll know why. There were plenty of good things that happened in Boston that we wrote about. There€'s context. What's in Sports Illustrated isn'€™t the whole story."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

What does BDC have against apostrophes?