Francona, why can't you just do the right thing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

Francona, why can't you just do the right thing?

Terry, surely you can [should] see  that Mcdonald is not hitting a lick right now, and Reddick is red hot against everyone, so why on earth do you insist on playing McDonald?

Maybe you are hoping McDonald gets a hit so you don't have to release him when Crawford comes back.

Surely Terry you have given McDonald a fair amount of time to come back from his injury, and it has not happened.

Terry in case you don't realize it, the Sox are 3 games behind the Yankee's and while I realize it's only July 2nd, each and every game should matter to you.

Let's not wait until Sept. 20th to make our charge, start now,  PLEASE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Francona, why can't you just do the right thing?

My issue with Tito is how he stays with Wakefield long after everyone on the planet knows that Wakefield is toast. Last night he had a chance to pinch hit for Wake in the 5th with a runner on base and the score 3-1. He didn't and Wake looked lost trying to get the bunt down. In the bottom of the inning Wake gives up a fourth run and only Scutaro's grab of a hard hit liner prevented even greater damage. Seven hits and three runs in the first 2 innings to the worst team in baseball might have been a clue to Tito that it was going to be an off night for Wakefield. Then in the bottom of the 6th out trots Wake again, only to be battered about once more, with the pitcher drilling one to the wall before Francona finally arrives at the mound to lift Wake. Happily Wheeler had a good outing and kept us in the game til the Sox erupted in the 7th. I don't know what gives with Tito's man-love for Wake, but, for me, this was one of those games where the Sox won in spite of Francona.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Moonslow says Wakefield isn't toast, more like vintage wine.

Theo is trying to make the low cost Mac look like he's covered for the mid cost Cameron. He still has a bunch of lefties (ellsbury has been pitiful v. LHP) and Mac. His Crawford move was nothing short of idiocy. His only way out is to trade Ellsbury for a profile like Kemp. He constructed it.

No doubt that sitting Reddick on a hot streak is a brain cramp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My feeling is he doesn't want to heap too much pressure on Reddick, and that he wants to give McDonald a chance to stick as a backup outfielder.

Seriously,If the pitching lives up to expectations,if Youk, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Gonzalez, Ortiz, Salty and Scutaro all hit , one or two weak bats in the lineup shouldn't cripple the Sox ...of course if Drew was hitting his customary .260 or better, it would be a little more help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

To ZILLAGOD,  when a player like Reddick is in a grove and hitting, their is no pressure on him, only when his is struggling and not cocsisent does the pressire start to mount.

Yes I agree when everyone is playing up to their capabilities, then the Sox could hide or put up with McDonald's lack of hitting, but when you are playing in the NL with no DH, and Crawford, Ortiz and lowrie out of the lineup and Drew not hitting a lick, then you need all theoffense you can muster up.

These are not day's to give games away as Terry tends to do, but to put your best out each day. I think that is what is separting the Yankee's and Sox now. the Yankee's [except for injuried players] tend to go with the same 9 every day. Terry is always changing the lineup, and in doing so that is no help to the player's or the team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Might have been because Wakefield had thrown 1-2-3 innings in the 3rd and 4th....and that he didn't want to go to the pen for 4 full innings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Francona, why can't you just do the right thing?:
    Terry, surely you can [should] see  that Mcdonald is not hitting a lick right now, and Reddick is red hot against everyone, so why on earth do you insist on playing McDonald? Maybe you are hoping McDonald gets a hit so you don't have to release him when Crawford comes back. Surely Terry you have given McDonald a fair amount of time to come back from his injury, and it has not happened. Terry in case you don't realize it, the Sox are 3 games behind the Yankee's and while I realize it's only July 2nd, each and every game should matter to you. Let's not wait until Sept. 20th to make our charge, start now,  PLEASE.
    Posted by peanutandme

The problem is each and every game does not matter to Tito as evidenced by his illogical decisions in years past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

well, it's a marathon, not a sprint as they say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Softy/redsox CORPSE  man:
    Just WHAT did Ellsbury ever do to YOU ?

You've been complaining about the kid for years now.
    Every chance to put him down, trade him, criticize him, whatever-you jump it.

Other posts are usually mildly intelligent and sometimes informative or thought provoking......but constant negative drumbeat on Ellsbury is tiresome and puerile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Wink

Sections
Shortcuts