Francona Won't Manage in 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Francona Won't Manage in 2012

I don't blame him. He needs a year to, as George Costanza would say, to decompress.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Francona Won't Manage in 2012

IMO, Tito does in fact need a year to decompress Steven. Don't blame him in the least. Take a year off, get healthy mentally and phyisically, then reconsider Managing if the fit is right. Going right back in with Theo's group would have been a mistake to me. I also think he would be a better fit for an AL team, given his AL experience, if an appropriate opening comes up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koolga. Show Koolga's posts

Sox could pull a Billy Martin/George Steinbrenner and rehire him.  We do need a manager, and he is familiar with the organization.  He might be the best out there at this point.

I actually hope they give Sandy Alomar Jr. a shot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Francona Won't Manage in 2012:
    [QUOTE]Sox could pull a Billy Martin/George Steinbrenner and rehire him.  We do need a manager, and he is familiar with the organization.  He might be the best out there at this point. I actually hope they give Sandy Alomar Jr. a shot. 
    Posted by Koolga[/QUOTE]

Not even funny...we finally got rid of him, and since he does not seem to be in high demand the way all his apologists said he would be, he decided to "take a year off". We'll see next year whether you apologists have any leg to stand on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, Tito does in fact need a year to decompress Steven. Don't blame him in the least. Take a year off, get healthy mentally and phyisically, then reconsider Managing if the fit is right. Going right back in with Theo's group would have been a mistake to me. I also think he would be a better fit for an AL team, given his AL experience, if an appropriate opening comes up.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Probably true.....much less strategy required.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

thats right tito, walk before they make you run....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Funny. The Cards picked a guy with no experience over Francona, and now Theo wants Sveum, even though Tito expressed a desire to manage the Cubs.
    Kicked to the curb! The writing is on the wall Terry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Sox could pull a Billy Martin/George Steinbrenner and rehire him.  We do need a manager, and he is familiar with the organization.  He might be the best out there at this point. I actually hope they give Sandy Alomar Jr. a shot. 
    Posted by Koolga[/QUOTE]

I agree, Alomar OR re-hire Francona!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Francona Won't Manage in 2012:
    [QUOTE]I don't blame him. He needs a year to, as George Costanza would say, to decompress.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think it might have more to do with the quality of the jobs on the market than his desire to sit out a year. My guess is that if a top job opens up during the season he'll be high on many teams list. I doubt that he wants to go to place that's in the rebuilding mode like the Cub's...Had St. Louis offered him the spot my guess is that he would've gladly taken that one. I'm still curious why they hired Matheny but given that they just won it all they'll be playing with house money next next year and I also think it's an indication that Puljos mght be gone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Francona Won't Manage in 2012 : I think it might have more to do with the quality of the jobs on the market than his desire to sit out a year. My guess is that if a top job opens up during the season he'll be high on many teams list. I doubt that he wants to go to place that's in the rebuilding mode like the Cub's...Had St. Louis offered him the spot my guess is that he would've gladly taken that one. I'm still curious why they hired Matheny but given that they just won it all they'll be playing with house money next next year and I also think it's an indication that Puljos mght be gone?
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Don't agree; rebuilding mode would be less pressure for a while; also, it would have been a fun rebuilding mode, via re-hooking up with his old buddy Theo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why would any organization want to pay millions for a manager that ran his talented, high payroll team into the ground in an epic choke that went beyond wins-losses???

2011 exposed Francona for what he is - a poor manager with no tactical skills,and  zero ability to motivate or discipline players...yea teams everywhere want a manger like that....

you bootlickers are still in a fog I see...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

"Francona Won't Manage in 2012" 
    "Francona Didn't Manage" in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Time let the foot of Tito's throat boys.... he is a good guy who loves baseball. I am very happy to move on but no need to continually beat on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Tito would do well to take a broadcasting job and take a breather from the day-to-day managing of a baseball team.

He was treated shabbily at the end of the season and he should take some time away from the fray to repair the psyche.

If some of those rumors, however maliciously planted, are true,  then he would do well to repair his relationships and decide what is best going forward.  Having a kid deployed in Afghanistan with the Marines is also stressful.

I wish TIto nothing but the best going forward. I hope he gets the chance to manage somewhere in 2013 or even before.  Baseball is a funny game, as Casey Stengel used to say, and he may be a mid-season replacement for some team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Tito would do well to take a broadcasting job and take a breather from the day-to-day managing of a baseball team. He was treated shabbily at the end of the season and he should take some time away from the fray to repair the psyche. If some of those rumors, however maliciously planted, are true,  then he would do well to repair his relationships and decide what is best going forward.  Having a kid deployed in Afghanistan with the Marines is also stressful. I wish TIto nothing but the best going forward. I hope he gets the chance to manage somewhere in 2013 or even before.  Baseball is a funny game, as Casey Stengel used to say, and he may be a mid-season replacement for some team.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

With his ability to handle the clubhouse over the years, maybe some team will hire him as clubhouse boy. Theo and the Cubs made it clear they'd rather have someone with no experience than have Francona. The Cardinals did the same thing. It's my understanding that Francona was interesred in both jobs. He got the same respect from the Cards and the Cubs as he got each year from the baseball writers when they voted for Manager Of The Year award. Somebody knows something.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

He may have been interested in both jobs but did not agree with their philosophy or just decided to for go managing. Just because the Caeds and Cubs went another way may mean he wanted a year off.
    If anything this past year has taught us is that we know zero of what goes on off the field.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Francona Won't Manage in 2012:
    [QUOTE]I don't blame him. He needs a year to, as George Costanza would say, to decompress.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes, "worlds are colliding".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Francona Won't Manage in 2012 : Yes, "worlds are colliding".
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Good one. Happy festivus. Ready for the feats of strength?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Maybe, Just maybe, the fact that the man didn't even garnish 1 Vote in the manager of the year award may have had something to do with that !! Not even a 3rd place vote !! WOW... Didn't the voters take into consideration that it wasn't his fault the team tanked ?? That it was all on the players and front office for not supplying him with even more allstars ?? Not even a 3rd place vote, that's incredible !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe, Just maybe, the fact that the man didn't even garnish 1 Vote in the manager of the year award may have had something to do with that !! Not even a 3rd place vote !! WOW... Didn't the voters take into consideration that it wasn't his fault the team tanked ?? That it was all on the players and front office for not supplying him with even more allstars ?? Not even a 3rd place vote, that's incredible !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

It makes me think the baseball writers actually know something about baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Time let the foot of Tito's throat boys.... he is a good guy who loves baseball. I am very happy to move on but no need to continually beat on him.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I put up with his incompetance for 8 years, I'm not ready to forgive and forget yet.