Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout

Here's a couple of paragraphs from the article and a link if you want to read it all.From ESPNBoston.com:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7120356/report-boston-red-sox-players-had-beer-dugout

Boston Red Sox pitchers Jon Lester, Josh Beckett and John Lackey strongly denied a report by WHDH-TV in Boston on Tuesday that they drank beer in the Red Sox dugout during games.

The three pitchers, at the center of a swirl of allegations surrounding the Red Sox's historic September collapse, issued statements through the team, as did former manager Terry Francona.

"The accusation that we were drinking in the dugout during games is completely false," Lester said. "Anonymous sources are continuing to provide exaggerated and, in this case, inaccurate information to the media."

"I cannot let this allegation go without response; enough is enough," Beckett's statement read. "I admit that I made mistakes along the way this season, but this has gone too far. To say that we drank in the dugout during the game is not true."

"There are things that went on this season that shouldn't have happened, but this latest rumor is not true, and I felt that it was important to try to stop this from going any further," Lackey said.

Francona's statement read, "In 32 years of professional baseball, I have never seen someone drinking beer in the dugout."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout

We need more responsible journalism. This is becoming more like slander.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its freaking stupid. Its not enough to have Lester admit to some beers in the clubhouse because that disarms the press and talk show host to a large degree. Now they must push it to the dugout, re-creating the story.

My guess is that if one pitcher admitted to having a beer on the bench that the following days would bring about accusations from unnamed sources that one of them pitched while under the influence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Of course they drank beer in the dugout. I saw video during games. There were four large kegs at each end of the dugout next to the stripper poles. Next they're going deny that they ever got lap dances during the games. Sheesh.

Innocent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout:
    [QUOTE]Of course they drank beer in the dugout. I saw video during games. There were four large kegs at each end of the dugout next to the stripper poles. Next they're going deny that they ever got lap dances during the games. Sheesh.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Or deny that they shot JFK. the nerve!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Well it is insane... no way whatsoever they would get away with it.... unless it could be proved beyond a doubt the reporting person should be stripped of his credentials ans tossed out of the industry, labeled for eternity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout:
    [QUOTE]Of course they drank beer in the dugout. I saw video during games. There were four large kegs at each end of the dugout next to the stripper poles. Next they're going deny that they ever got lap dances during the games. Sheesh.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

LOL, Roy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Well it is insane... no way whatsoever they would get away with it.... unless it could be proved beyond a doubt the reporting person should be stripped of his credentials ans tossed out of the industry, labeled for eternity.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This allegation is totally absurd. If, say, Josh Beckett was sitting in the dugout with a can of Lone Star Beer (which is good stuff, by the way), wouldn't we have seen the clip a thousand times by now on ESPN?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]This allegation is totally absurd. If, say, Josh Beckett was sitting in the dugout with a can of Lone Star Beer (which is good stuff, by the way), wouldn't we have seen the clip a thousand times by now on ESPN?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Everytime I tried to conceal beer in some other container in high school, including one time at Fenway, I would inevitable get busted.  Now, if the allegations were vodka, there might be some traction.  Thats what i sneak into ballparks nowadays.  But, beer?  Yeah, busted!  would have been all over the media.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from esd1963. Show esd1963's posts

Lester, Beckett and Lackey got wasted and let all those animals out of their cages in Ohio. Now a bunch of animals are dead. Way to go guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout : Everytime I tried to conceal beer in some other container in high school, including one time at Fenway, I would inevitable get busted.  Now, if the allegations were vodka, there might be some traction.  Thats what i sneak into ballparks nowadays.  But, beer?  Yeah, busted!  would have been all over the media.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Well, you know, they have those fake Coke decals you can put around your beer. Or at least they did when I was in high school.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

If El Guapo was still around he would have inhaled that container of chicken before the trio ever saw it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you guys really think that no one ever had a beer in the dugout???????  LOLOLOLOLOL

c'mon get real...

Im actually OK with beer in the dugout - i mean you are there with the team...but in the clubhouse eating chicken, playing vid games and swilling??? that is waaaay worse imho...

everyone is in cya mode because it makes everyone look badly - this is why the denials...i mean how is francona ever going to get another gig if he is the coach that looked the other way to all this dysfunctional nonsense?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Where there is smoke there is usually a fire. As to what size the fire is (to what degree), what does it matter at this point. As long as it gets corrected then let's move on to more important matters.

Finding a coach, naming the GM, what players are gone and who is coming in. That is really what is exciting about the winter to me. I can't wait to see this team come Spring....GO SOX

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

The beer was in the gatorade cooler, which covered the kegs. It was the coozy more or less. G2 fit. Hilarious roy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]This allegation is totally absurd. If, say, Josh Beckett was sitting in the dugout with a can of Lone Star Beer (which is good stuff, by the way), wouldn't we have seen the clip a thousand times by now on ESPN?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.  That kind of action would definitely have been caught on tape. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Drinking on the job is grounds to be fired from my job. Why in the hell are players drinking on the job. Come on man!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Bucholz also said today that there was no drinking in the dugout. Vermont, it could be said that a starter on his off day is not on the job.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

[QUOTE]Bucholz also said today that there was no drinking in the dugout. Vermont, it could be said that a starter on his off day is not on the job.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

If he has a uniform on and is at the ballpark he is at work. Playing or not playing. If i go to work all day and don't work I'm i at work?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona,Beckett,Lackey and Lester all deny beer drinking in the dugout : If he has a uniform on and is at the ballpark he is at work. Playing or not playing. If i go to work all day and don't work I'm i at work?
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The abused their privaledges, and it showed. They stunk. Given that it was the starting staff that was drinking beer, isn't it obvious why they stunk down the stretch?  There's a direct correlation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

A starting pitcher who isn't starting and has one beer after the sixth inning is not a detriment. The media has blown this completely up in an effort for increased revenues. Much ado about nothing. You are looking for a convenient scapegoat when the reality is that the whole team is responsible for the failure. Look at the forrest instead of a tree.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Beckett, Lackey, Lester: "We did not drink beer."

Clemens, Bonds: "I did not take steroids."

OJ: "I did not kill Nicole."

Clinton: "I did not have a s*xual relationship with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

Bush: "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction."

Sections
Shortcuts