Francona's easy going ways has damaged this club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Francona's easy going ways has damaged this club

TY hARNESS, the post was sincere, i wasnt trying to say FIRE him now-it was written in the midst of a losing streak, and i truly believe that 2004 NEVER wouldve happened w/o our manager's cool reaction to elimination....i predicted this team would win 99-100 games and still believe that (thanks to Theo/so dis to Tito)

now if that happens i will gladly say the slow april start means nothing
    but
    if we end up losing the division by a game or two and start on the road and get eliminated early in the pennant chase, then
    i want these same posters to do a mea culpa and admit that our .500 April (at best) hurt us

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Francona's easy going ways has damaged this club:
    The forum will be better off when all of you realize that Georom and his army who bash Tito are trolls. Wake up. Don't take the bait. Their act is as boring as their act in 2008 and 2009 with Law. Don't be fools. Georom's other monikers are Bosox1941, BaseballDr, and Bosox-11. They are one trick ponies just like Law was with Law vs. Theo. Very boring.
    Posted by glumandrew

I have to disagree, they're not all the same. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

glum is not a rocket scientist thats for sure

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Don't all teams go through stretches like the Sox did in April?  Its more of a question of what team goes through the fewest of such bad times, that is the team that wins the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

I won't waste my time arguing with Georom as if he is serious because I am sure that he is putting on an act. For some reason he enjoys copying the routine that BaseballDr and Bosox1941 do here. They all get highly amused by it - especially the J. Fred Muggs line. You who argue with these three are being very gullible for taking the bait on a regular basis. Redsoxfan791 during the week wrote that BDC regulars are too easy to fool.
    Posted by JamaicaPlain67

The baiting by Georom is his crack. He is in ecstacy when he dupes someone to respond to his horse-sh-it. It is all a game to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the J Muggs line is hilarious  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

The great thing about georom4 is that when he is wrong he is very, very wrong.  He is clueless about what spring training is for--for example.  And he is clueless about what it takes to manage in MLB. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Georom is just toying with us. He is either a closet Yankee fan or else a generic troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

really, comparing the sox team to TB? did you not read the previous post? did i say he shoudve been fired? read the initial post... if the sox end up missing the playoffs again for the 2nd straight yr, will some of you 'Coma apologists admit that our April cost us the season? I repeat this with all sincerity - I could manage these guys to 95 wins
    Posted by georom4

Geo, it's frightening to think you're molding America's youth. That's pure ignorance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Why do you bother Lloyd? He is trolling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

.... I repeat this with all sincerity - I could manage these guys to 95 wins
    Posted by georom4

Why don't you? You claim to have a better baseball mind than Francona...you should send the RS front office your resume, and apply for Francona's job. Or actually, you should send every MLB front office your resume. Oh...and attach all your critiques of Francona's moves, that you have posted here. I am sure they would come in useful.

Seriously. You are wasting your brilliance by posting on this bulletin board for lowly fans. Why show off to peope here with little baseball IQ, when you can show the real baseball community how big a baseball genius you are?

When you get hired to be a manager of one of the MLB teams, you can come back here and tell us about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baba-Yaga. Show Baba-Yaga's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Just about anyone on here as more baseball knowledge than francoma. Geesh the guy by his own admission almost passes out arguing with umps. Do you honestly think he is hard on his players? He is a weak manager who doesn't have much control of the team once the game starts. Just look at how the sox have started the last 2 seasons. They are unprepared for the season and they have gotten worse over the last few seasons. They don't hit and run , bunt, steal or do anything outside Tito's very small box. This is one area where I do blame Theo for keeping this AA manager around for so long. The team needs a good leader to win 100 games and he ain't it!

In Response to Re: Francona's easy going ways has damaged this club : Why don't you? You claim to have a better baseball mind than Francona...you should send the RS front office your resume, and apply for Francona's job. Or actually, you should send every MLB front office your resume. Oh...and attach all your critiques of Francona's moves, that you have posted here. I am sure they would come in useful. Seriously. You are wasting your brilliance by posting on this bulletin board for lowly fans. Why show off to peope here with little baseball IQ, when you can show the real baseball community how big a baseball genius you are? When you get hired to be a manager of one of the MLB teams, you can come back here and tell us about it.
    Posted by seattlepat70

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

The Great thing about you is when you comment about the manager you are always wrong. ST is to get the team ready for the season. This team was 2-3 weeks behind the other clubs.

So as an example Tito has shown he is clueless on how to run a team. (Check the record in April) over the last 2 seasons. Fact do not lie. So the only one who is clueless my friend is you. A loss in April weighs just as heavy as on in September. Had the sox won a few more games last April they would have been in the post season. Poor managing all season saw to it they didn't 

The great thing about georom4 is that when he is wrong he is very, very wrong.  He is clueless about what spring training is for--for example.  And he is clueless about what it takes to manage in MLB. 
    Posted by M1A2

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

As usual you do not have any idea what you are speaking about. Please refrain from the name calling as it is against the rules.

The forum will be better off when all of you realize that Georom and his army who bash Tito are trolls. Wake up. Don't take the bait. Their act is as boring as their act in 2008 and 2009 with Law. Don't be fools. Georom's other monikers are Bosox1941, BaseballDr, and Bosox-11. They are one trick ponies just like Law was with Law vs. Theo. Very boring.
    Posted by glumandrew

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

RED SOX-11, one of your many problems is that you don't actually watch the games or know how to read box scores.  You say the Red Sox don't bunt or steal, but in the second game of this series they had a sac bunt by Crawford and 4 steal attempts by 4 different players, 3 of them successful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

RED SOX-11, one of your many problems is that you don't actually watch the games or know how to read box scores.  You say the Red Sox don't bunt or steal, but in the second game of this series they had a sac bunt by Crawford and 4 steal attempts by 4 different players, 3 of them successful.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I don't understand something. Francona was hired because he was in line with the front office's way of playing baseball. They don't give away outs and Francona has the same way of play baseball. The people like Redsox-11 don't seem to understand is that they are just armchair managers. Maybe they should do some research about the Red Sox Management, just a thought.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Please do not name call as it is against the rules and you could be suspended, or are you one of the people who don't have to follow the rules?

In Response to Re: Francona's easy going ways has damaged this club : You couldn't find the team bus leaving for the airport.  Please stick to what you know, bashing and trolling.    There are a bunch of other organizations that have managers who you might like better.  So, why don't you follow those teams.  You might live longer.  I get the satisfaction that Tito will be around for years to come.  And if that upsets you, it makes me very happy.  Misery for you means the Sox are successful.
    Posted by jimdavis

Sections
Shortcuts