Francona's future in Boston...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Francona's future in Boston...

At the risk of unearthing all of the Francona haters, does anyone know if his club options have been picked up yet, even just for 2012?  He has options for 2012 and 2013 according to Cot's.  http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2004/12/boston-red-sox.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Francona's future in Boston...

Pretty sure they haven't been picked up yet, it would have been reported.

As for the haters, all you have to do is put his name in a thread title and they will show up at some point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My guess would be the job is his for as long as he wants it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

As long as they keep winning in spite of him, they will pick his option up  Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

He should be the manager until the team has a string of mulitple underachieving seasons. This year is the perfect example of why he is awesome... after 12 games these message boards were filled with who should be benched, Francoma stinks, the team is overconfident/underconfident. Fans panic and Fancona kicks back and lets the team play.
    He made a few minor changes from moving Crawford down in the lineup, starting Lowrie to leading off Ellsbury but most of all he knows that baseball's a sport where the action isn't forced and numbers right themselves over time.
    His patience paid off in the 2004 comeback as well. He never, ever will get the credit he deserves and if I am him I wouldn't care. Fans that mock him should stick to their fantasy teams.
    I'm tired of being spot on every time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Francona's future in Boston...:
    [QUOTE]My guess would be the job is his for as long as he wants it.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, after all is said and done, Tito and the Sox are a perfect fit for each other. The best manager, that these eyes have seen, the Sox have had and second isn't even close. Having said that I still reserve the right to nit pick his each and every move ad-nauseum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Tito will be the Red Sox Manager for years to come....as long as he wants....as long as we are winning. Losing, consecutive non-playoff years, discontent amongst the clubhouse and the Nation would be his end all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

And one day he'll be sitting at a bar having beers with Doc Rivers and Claude Julien laughing about how ignorant some Boston fans are while they compare their championship rings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]And one day he'll be sitting at a bar having beers with Doc Rivers and Claude Julien laughing about how ignorant some Boston fans are while they compare their championship rings.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

That is so true!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]And one day he'll be sitting at a bar having beers with Doc Rivers and Claude Julien laughing about how ignorant some Boston fans are while they compare their championship rings.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

And he'll say "man after 2004 and 2007 I thought there would be more"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Ok, so follow up question.  Do the Sox pick up his options, or sign him to a new deal?  Completely agree he's going to be here a while, but $4M+ a year seems steep for a manager looking around the league (not saying he isn't worth it, but the options are $4.25M and $4.5M with $750K buyouts on the options).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I don't see his future in Boston as this certain.
    Especially if the team fails to make the P.O.'s this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see his future in Boston as this certain. Especially if the team fails to make the P.O.'s this year.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE] If the team was/is healthy perhaps but it hasn't been and the FO certainly is going to take some ownership of the "build" issues in the OF if they persist.

As far as picking up the option with is the OP, I don't think the RS do that before the end of the year. They last time they picked up an option on a player before they had to it was Pedro Martinez. The last time the extended a player (except for the CBT evasion signings) during the season it was Ortiz.

I don't think they break that trend with management.

At any rate I am sure Terry Francona would find himself employed again quite quickly. His cred in the industry by all reports is far higher than it would ever be in this market with the fanbase here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Francona's future in Boston...:
    [QUOTE]At the risk of unearthing all of the Francona haters, does anyone know if his club options have been picked up yet, even just for 2012?  He has options for 2012 and 2013 according to Cot's.   http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2004/12/boston-red-sox.html
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

I don't see Terry going anywhere for quite some time.  Terry is the perfect guy for the Sox and it's not his fault we signed guys like Lackey and Jenks to help anchor our staff, or left RF in limbo so long. 

We made some positive moves but still need to fix what didn't work out.  My bet is Terry will be around through another WS or two at least..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's future in Boston... : If the team was/is healthy perhaps but it hasn't beenand the FO certainly is going to take some ownership of the "build" issues in the OF if they persist. As far as picking up the option with is the OP, I don't think the RS do that before the end of the year. They last time they picked up an option on a player before they had to it was Pedro Martinez. The last time the extended a player (except for the CBT evasion signings) during the season it was Ortiz. I don't think they break that trend with management. At any rate I am sure Terry Francona would find himself employed again quite quickly. His cred in the industry by all reports is far higher than it would ever be in this market with the fanbase here.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

The poor health has pretty much been isolated to the pitching quarters.
    If this is seen as a reflection of an inadequate pitching coach, then it's on Tito to acknowledge this and act.

You have to admit, the nagging injuries - as well as the more serious ones - may very well reflect altered work/training routines. Or perhaps mechanical flaws not detected in time...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

francona's health may dictate how long he can/wants to stay on as manager of the red sox.   it has been noted many times over the last few years that he has had some serious health issues.

i cannot imagine one reason why his contract options for 3012 and 2013 will not be picked up by the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]francona's health may dictate how long he can/wants to stay on as manager of the red sox.   it has been noted many times over the last few years that he has had some serious health issues. i cannot imagine one reason why his contract options for 3012 and 2013 will not be picked up by the team.
    Posted by therimrattler[/QUOTE]

You're right.  He probably will be broken down by health issues before long.  I hope it can make it to 2013, but 3012 is out of the question, even for Jack McKeon.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
     mojo, I love this photo and caption so much.  Please post it on every thread calling for Tito's dismissal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think it's more likely he walks away (retires) than the Sox not picking up his options...the guy isn't exactly the pillar of health. He is however "the perfect man for the job". What many of his detractors fail to recognize is that he was hired to be part of a management team, not a dictator. His charge when we was hired was to implement the organizational phylosophy on the field. Utelizing both his baseball knowledge and the tools of the new millinium to put the team in the best position to win. He'll manage as long as he continues to "do his job" and continues to earn the respect of his players, coaches and baseball operations team...Results on the field aren't the be all end all, merely a means to measure his performance. If the team underachieves or plays below it's ability then and only then does his performance come into question. Since taking over as the "skipper" he's fostered a great rapor with Epstien and is very good with the media and is highly respected by his players and peers...simply put the guys knows his stuff and has a couple of rings and too many to count 90 plus win seasons on his resume...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's future in Boston... : If the team was/is healthy perhaps but it hasn't been and the FO certainly is going to take some ownership of the "build" issues in the OF if they persist. As far as picking up the option with is the OP, I don't think the RS do that before the end of the year. They last time they picked up an option on a player before they had to it was Pedro Martinez. The last time the extended a player (except for the CBT evasion signings) during the season it was Ortiz. I don't think they break that trend with management. At any rate I am sure Terry Francona would find himself employed again quite quickly. His cred in the industry by all reports is far higher than it would ever be in this market with the fanbase here.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921&plckUserId=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921">
    First: 6/6/2008
    Last: 7/14/2011
    As long as they keep winning in spite of him, they will pick his option up

Space! me thinks you've been hangin around with bosox1941 too long!

I heard you had something really lousy happen down in your neck of the woods yesterday. 8 year old little boy got murdered.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921&plckUserId=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921 " /> SpacemanEephus Posts: 5859 First: 6/6/2008 Last: 7/14/2011 As long as they keep winning in spite of him, they will pick his option up Space! me thinks you've been hangin around with bosox1941 too long! I heard you had something really lousy happen down in your neck of the woods yesterday. 8 year old little boy got murdered.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

yeah, i gotta friend who works the beat for a small paper down here.  He was covering the story yesterday.  He was pretty shaken up when I saw him.  Grizzly stuff.  I never used to be shocked by horrific s*%t like that.  But, now that I got a sweet babe of my own, it really got to me.  Completely insane.

As for me and Bosox hangin' out, you know I'm just bustin his balls.  IF me and Bosox ever did hang out, I'd wager I'd have him loving Tito by the time we finished our eight or ninth brewski.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAZZBH42. Show JAZZBH42's posts

Re: Francona's future in Boston...("New Manager at his side)

His "Style" will not get them to the Wolrd Series this year-it ALL started in
    Spring Training and this could be the end-  Want a Manager to take them to
    the World Series in his First Year???  !!!!!! HE IS NOW PLAYING SECOND BASE
    EVERY DAY- RE:Lou Boudreau----
    HOW MANY AGREE WITH ME ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

he'll be in boston as long as theo is. sad but true.

Sections
Shortcuts