Francona's Indians - last place and nowhere to hide...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Francona's Indians - last place and nowhere to hide...

We know how it works for you Tito bashers, geo.  If the Indians do bad it's because of Tito.  If they do good it's in spite of Tito.  You guys can't lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Francona is a good manager his record speaks for itself.  You may not like his style or what he does but he is successful as a manger.  I always wondered about some of his moves or nonmoves over the years, but he has a plan and has the inside reasons for what he does.  I certainly respect his body of work and how he goes about his business.  I hope he has great succes in Cleveland except when he plays the Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

btw fwiw Francona has leqrned something as manager - not to make any pitching changes,,,he leads the league in starting pitching innings pitched...he's good as long as he doesnt manage

Your boy Bobby Valentine isn't managing at all.

i didnt hire Valentine from retirement in east asia - ben did...and then he undermined his own hiring by not supporting his authority and giving him garbage players....but as long as Francona's team leads the league in homers and innings pitched by starters, he will be a fine manager.

ben didnt hier BZ.....LL did...but you already knew that

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

We know how it works for you Tito bashers, geo.  If the Indians do bad it's because of Tito.  If they do good it's in spite of Tito.  You guys can't lose.

I have given credit to Tito for his postive, loyal style of leadership and good nature more than a few times - but he isnt a very good x's and o's manager....that is a simple fact

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

btw fwiw Francona has leqrned something as manager - not to make any pitching changes,,,he leads the league in starting pitching innings pitched...he's good as long as he doesnt manage

Your boy Bobby Valentine isn't managing at all.

i didnt hire Valentine from retirement in east asia - ben did...and then he undermined his own hiring by not supporting his authority and giving him garbage players....but as long as Francona's team leads the league in homers and innings pitched by starters, he will be a fine manager.

Larry hired Valentine.  BC didn't want him.  I kind of assumed all RS fans knew this.  I'd bet every single Yankee fan in here knows this.

And this is the funny part.  You opened this thread complaining about Tito sticking with Jiminez too long.  And wasn't one of you complaint about Tito, when he was with the RS, was that he left the SPs in too long?

Try to develop a plotline of sorts instead of contradicting yourself everyday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I have given credit to Tito for his postive, loyal style of leadership and good nature more than a few times - but he isnt a very good x's and o's manager....that is a simple fact

Care to show me one single authoritative source that shows that as a 'fact'.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

You'd think a history teacher would be more discerning about separating fact from opinion.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

One game out of first...lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

had to laugh at his statement about Jimenez and sticking with him despite him once again on his way to losing 20...

Another win for Jiminez last night.  Cleveland has won his last 4 starts since you said Tito made a mistake not giving up on him.  1.45 ERA in his last 3 starts.

Still think that Cleveland should give up on Jiminez?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

had to laugh at his statement about Jimenez and sticking with him despite him once again on his way to losing 20...

Another win for Jiminez last night.  Cleveland has won his last 4 starts since you said Tito made a mistake not giving up on him.  1.45 ERA in his last 3 starts.

i think francona should have me post everytime his team hits the skids - thats what i think

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

As I write, the Indians have a better run differential than the Red Sox.

What a troll.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

i think francona should have me post everytime his team hits the skids - thats what i think

Like I said, you're 'The Cooler'.  You made fun of Tito, and his team wins 11-13..You make fun of Jiminez, and he starts pitching like an All Star.  You say that Strasborg should started in NLDS, instead of the guy that pitched a shuout, and he goes 0-5.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Like I said, you're 'The Cooler'.  You made fun of Tito, and his team wins 11-13..You make fun of Jiminez, and he starts pitching like an All Star.  You say that Strasborg should started in NLDS, instead of the guy that pitched a shuout, and he goes 0-5.

and ive been upbeat about the sox...me and ben...coolers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Way to man up Geo. We need more of that around here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

ty - but it is kind of funny the way they took off like the very moment i posted this...GOOD STUFF!

Way to man up Geo. We need more of that around here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

and ive been upbeat about the sox...me and ben...coolers

No, actually, they were winning while you were predicting doom and gloom.  It was only after you jumped back on the bandwagon that they started to lose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis*. Show beavis*'s posts

His team was slumping and it appeared Indians would do what they have been doing for years and that is to give up and tank it. Tito always is fighting and never give up and communicates that to his players. Like the Sox they have to SP that are strong and have some pop in the line up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If anything this should show RS fans how baseball is an up and down game/season. That nothing is gauranteed and that just because you lose 5 of 6 that you suk or whenyou win 5 of 6 you are not the next WS champs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh, please. When the Sox hired Francona you were all over it. He'll  turn it around, you said. Didn't quite go that way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Hey georom4 - Just checked the standings. Indians are in first place. Imagine that. But yeah, it has nothing to do with Francona....yes it does.