Francona's right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Francona's right

BTW folks in many other countries beer and wine are served with meals in the company's cafe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Harness will not be back here. He read the forum for ten minutes the other day and decided that it was beyond repair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Bobby has something Terri never will......a sack.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Francona's right:
    [QUOTE]BTW folks in many other countries beer and wine are served with meals in the company's cafe.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

I went to Germany a few years back for a design meeting and the company I was at had a refrigerator full of beer and wine in their break room.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

I was in a train station in Stuttgardt and the Germans were drinking beer with their breakfast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Will O'Douls be permitted? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]I was in a train station in Stuttgardt and the Germans were drinking beer with their breakfast.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]
    I demand the names immediately of the customs officials who allowed you back into this country.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's right : Thank you! I kept imagining some white collar office workers, days done, so they hit the break room and start cracking brews before they head home! Ummm, yeah, no company in america would allow that on a daily basis, as is/was the case(s, in fact) with Boston.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

How about jobs where the job ends at 11:00 at night, and you're dripping with sweat, and maybe a little reticent to belly up to the local pub?

Have you ever had a beer after a softball game or B-ball game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's right : I went to Germany a few years back for a design meeting and the company I was at had a refrigerator full of beer and wine in their break room.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Yup, my company also had beer in the cafeteria in Germany.  My counterpart in London also had something light to drink at lunch everyday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's right : At least 12 other MLB teams and every brewery in the world.
    There you go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought Bobby V would allow Jello-Shots in the dugout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Francona's right : Woe to that sinister, conniving front office. I'm seriously thinking about giving up on the team and start following the Yankees because of this latest move.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]Not only do the Yankees ban beer, thanks to little joe they banned candy a few years back. Now lets understand something about Francona. He lost the right to say much of anything when it comes to the Red Sox. He lost that clubhouse last year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I was in a train station in Stuttgardt and the Germans were drinking beer with their breakfast.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

What were YOU doing in Germany? Attending a Neo-Nazi convention?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's right : How about jobs where the job ends at 11:00 at night, and you're dripping with sweat, and maybe a little reticent to belly up to the local pub? Have you ever had a beer after a softball game or B-ball game?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

surely you jest Joe! A beer after a softball game. We always had atleast 2 30 packs man. and the funny part is we had a couple of local cops and two troopers on our team...of course, this is strictly off the record.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's right : Thank you! I kept imagining some white collar office workers, days done, so they hit the break room and start cracking brews before they head home! Ummm, yeah, no company in america would allow that on a daily basis, as is/was the case(s, in fact) with Boston.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Wrong. There are companies that do. Perhaps not on a daily basis, but there are a few companies that don't feel the need to babysit their employees.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Francona's right : So yo are saying the FO can not make decisions that affect the club house? Definetly sounds like Bill Lee thinking.

Haha.  What can I say.  But seriously Jim, I am not suggesting that the FO cannot make clubhouse edicts.  But, in this particular case, I believe it was uf utmost importance that the beer ban come from Bobby.  The front office can make rules.  But they cannot properly guage or affect clubhouse culture from their perch on high.  The manager is the one who can.  Myself, I loved Tito to the end, was devastated to see him go, but, can recognize that he lost the reins as far as the "clubhouse" goes.  Bobby was brought in to, among other things, shift this dynamic.  So, taking that decision-making away from him weakens his ability to do just that.  Also, if the edict had come down from on high in the midst of the shitestorm of October, there is no way it would not just add to the anger, mistrust, betrayal and confusion that was abound at that time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Burrito must think that every Internet forum that is moderated is controlled by Nazis. Burrito prefers anarchy in a forum. He would love to see ten more Babes and five more Georoms because he loves the back and forth between intelligent, reasonable posters and simpletons and obvious trolls. Burrito only cares about being entertained. He has admitted that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Francona's wrong.  Eighteen other clubs have banned alcohol.  Most companies do not allow or provide alcohol on company premises - someone gets drunk and gets into an accident, the company may be open to an expensive lawsuit.  Club premises are places of business where players ought to keep their focus on the job, not chilling out with a beer or two or six!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Francona's wrong.  Eighteen other clubs have banned alcohol.  Most companies do not allow or provide alcohol on company premises - someone gets drunk and gets into an accident, the company may be open to an expensive lawsuit.  Club premises are places of business where players ought to keep their focus on the job, not chilling out with a beer or two or six!
    Posted by RS75[/QUOTE]

Francona has already gone on to clarify his remark and acknowledge he has to be more careful with his Sox commentary.  non-issue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Valentine acknowledged that,"I think they probably asked [Francona] a question, that's what he said. If they had asked him longer, he probably would have said it was the right thing to do, too, but they probably dropped it at PR move, I would think.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Francona in CYA mode...what's he supposed to say?????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

...and now if they can just ban Beckett from KFC!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

What's wrong with the FO doing some PR? One would expect that Georom would be overjoyed with the news that the SOLE REASON for the Red Sox collapse has been eliminated.