Franklin Morales traded back to the Rockies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Franklin Morales traded back to the Rockies

reported by Ian Browne

Morales for Jonathan Herrera

"

@IanMBrowne Rockies  http://t.co/Jm2sZBL8r5 reporter Thomas Harding and I have confirmed that Franklin Morales is going to the Rox for Jonathan Herrera.

Jonathan Herrera could be that left side infield utility guy.  Switch hitter with solid defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Franklin Morales traded back to the Rockies

Looks like Chris Martin is going in the deal as well?

https://twitter.com/harding_at_mlb/status/413380180812767232

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox minor league reliever Chris Martin also heads to Colorado.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/rockies-acquire-franklin-morales.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

good move by sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Demoralizing Morales is no longer with the Sox for the same reason as Thornton he's not very consistant. Hopefully the Rockies can get something out of him. Martin is a good pitcher but he's never pitched in the bigs but at least he'll get a chance in Colorado. I don't know much about Herrera but he can play 3 infield positions and probably both corner OF positions, a nice utility guy with some big league experience as he took over at SS for the Rox last season when Tulo went down...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Demoralizing Morales is no longer with the Sox for the same reason as Thornton he's not very consistant. Hopefully the Rockies can get something out of him. Martin is a good pitcher but he's never pitched in the bigs but at least he'll get a chance in Colorado. I don't know much about Herrera but he can play 3 infield positions and probably both corner OF positions, a nice utility guy with some big league experience as he took over at SS for the Rox last season when Tulo went down...

[/QUOTE]

that pretty much summed it up. Morales has good talent but is inconsistent. i don't hold 2013 against him as he was injured throughout. I don't think i would have given up on him so soon but the return filled a need and as far as minor trades go, seemed pretty fair. I wish Morales the best of luck in the rest of his career. who knows, maybe the sox will trade for him again in a few seasons

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah both of the guys Boston sent to the Rox will get plenty of innings, hopefully Herrera does what is edxpected and backs up the infield. Day off for each player on the infield and Herrera gets plenty of AB's.