Freak Injury Sidelines Star Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

Re: Freak Injury Sidelines Star Again

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

The first ten responses to the OP which bashed Ellsbury's character seemed to endorse the portrayal of Ellsbury. Why then is Softlaw their favorite villain when Softlaw is the ultimate Jake basher?  How can you agree with a villain and still call him a villain? Makes one wonder how people can dilute themselves so much. Don't these posters have a backbone ?

Um...dude...My post is meant to be a joke -- I like Ellsbury. i was poking fun at him and at players in general. That is called "satire". The definition is in all the dictionaries.

If someone were obsessive enough to dig through the archives (I don't post all that much) they would find places where I've said the Sox should keep Ells this season if the team is serious about making a run.

Geez, man, lighten up.

The players are fair game for satire -- they are public figures. On the other hand, a bunch of anonymous posters squabbling among themselves is senseless. They make personal attacks, protected by anonymity, at about the level of "You're stupid!" "No. You're stupid!" "No, you are", etc., ad infinitum.

i find it hard to believe you don't see the difference.

Go Sox!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Since every post Pike puts up directly after mine, I'm going to assume they're less than complimentary???  :)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

looks like he was banned. who didn't see that coming??

it's like clockwork. He lays low, makes some decent posts, then the paranoia sets in and he starts questioning other posters motives. In a few short days he goes into full soapbox mode and any post that can be interpreted as decietful he pounces on. Then he get's banned.

you know as soon as he starts calling me "joey" the banning is not too far off :)

FYI my name is MEF429 pike. Address me properly or not at all..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

it's like clockwork. He lays low, makes some decent posts, then the paranoia sets in and he starts questioning other posters motives. In a few short days he goes into full soapbox mode and any post that can be interpreted as decietful he pounces on. Then he get's banned.

you know as soon as he starts calling me "joey" the banning is not too far off :)

Who's joey anyway? I thought pike's favorite villain was mikey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Who's joey anyway? I thought pike's favorite villain was mikey.

My name is Joe, but no ones called me Joey since i was six... since there is already a Joe here on BDC i prefer to be called MEF. Pike somehow thinks that because i have an "M" in my screenname that it must stand for something. Mikey is obviously his conclusion..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Loose nail shavings have been discovered on his wc floor ....

there is a considered fear that a toe nail shaving may get imbedded in his foot, festering to the point that an amputation might be necessary