free agents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: free agents

Varitek and Wastefield will be highly sought after FA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i want one or two of these starting pitchers...

mark buehrle
    c.j. wilson
    edwin jackson
    aaron harang
    rich harden

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

WOW...some bat-s**t crazy trade proposals there.

1) Youk & Minor for Felix... why don't you just suggest Lackey, Crawford, and Dice-K for Felix.....the Sox don't have the pieces to deal for Felix, it's not gonna happen.

2)Youk, Lackey, Weiland for Garza & Samardjzia... Why would a NEW GM in Chicago take on an oft injured clubhouse problem coming off his worst season, the AL's worst starting pitcher, and an unproven at best commodity...for a guy who has already pitched well in the AL's toughest division and a decent reliever? To say nothing of the fact that you think that a GM will be dumb enough to take on ALL that extra $$$. That trade is fantasy.

3)Beckett & Lowrie for David Wright....LOL wow, again...the Mets aren't looking to add an aging pitcher with a big contract and health problems along with a guy who can't get his brittle self on the field, for one of the best 3b in the game. More fantasy, you are embarassing yourself now.

The Lackey and Crawford contracts are basically unmoveable, considering the one team with the financial resources to take a chance on one of those guys is your biggest rival, and they have no interest in lightening the financial load for the Sox.

The Sox better hope for healthy years from Beckett, Lester, and Clay...or throw a ton of money at Wilson or Carpenter (Did Carpenter just sign an extension?) because if one of those guys gets hurt, they will be facing the same problem next year, and it does not seem like they have the kind of top-flight prospects down on the farm needed to trade for a #1 or 2 starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

In Response to Re: free agents:
    [QUOTE]Varitek and Wastefield will be highly sought after FA.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

Don't you get tired of typing the EXACT SAME THING over and over? We get it...YOU DON'T WANT TO KEEP WAKE AND TEK...you have made that point very clear over the last YEAR. Do you have anything to add besides "Get rid of Wake, Get rid of Tek, Fire Theo", and some nonsense about "reverse pivot" that was complete BS?I just summed up EVERY POST you make in ONE paragraph. Either add something new to a discussion or take Rip Van Winkle would ya?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Good point on Youk, he is worth alot on another team as a 1st baseman.   I also think they should explore including him in a deal for a front line starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

-   Youkilis is an "old" 33 and not physically sound.    He won't get any more than a No. 4 or 5 starter.

-   David Wright will cost what the Sox don't have in trading chips.

-   Michael Cuddyer can be had as a free agent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Targets
    Starting pitching...
    A list
    (sign one)
    Mark Buehrle CWS
    C.J. Wilson TEX
    Edwin Jackson CWS
    Hiroki Kuroda LAD

B list
    John Maine COL
    Aaron Harang SD
    Javier Vazquez FLA
    Freddy Garcia NYY

Bullpen:
    A list
    Heath Bell SD
    Jose Valverde DET
    Ryan Madson PHI

B list
    Jonathan Broxton LAD
    Joel Peralta TB
    Jamey Wright SEA
    Michael Wuertz OAK
    Javier Lopez SF

DH/OF
    A list
    Michael Cuddyer MIN
    Josh Willingham OAK
    Juan Rivera TOR
    Ryan Ludwick SD
    Raul Ibanez PHI

Corner IF
    Mark DeRosa SF

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure they extended Hardy.  I'd like CJ Wilson, Mike Gonzalez, and Michael Cuddyer to be targets.
    Posted by Skadude22[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that if CJ Wilson isn't resigned by the Rangers, he will probably end up on the Yankees. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

[QUOTE]Targets Starting pitching... A list (sign one) Mark Buehrle CWS C.J. Wilson TEX Edwin Jackson CWS Hiroki Kuroda LAD B list John Maine COL Aaron Harang SD Javier Vazquez FLA Freddy Garcia NYY Bullpen: A list Heath Bell SD Jose Valverde DET Ryan Madson PHI B list Jonathan Broxton LAD Joel Peralta TB Jamey Wright SEA Michael Wuertz OAK Javier Lopez SF DH/OF A list Michael Cuddyer MIN Josh Willingham OAK Juan Rivera TOR Ryan Ludwick SD Raul Ibanez PHI Corner IF Mark DeRosa SF
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]Thats a scary list. Buehrle and a couple of relievers are the only interest anyone could have. What do we do with Beckett and Lackey, no one will take them and we cant keep putting them out there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: free agents : Thats a scary list. Buehrle and a couple of relievers are the only interest anyone could have. What do we do with Beckett and Lackey, no one will take them and we cant keep putting them out there
    Posted by maxnsl[/QUOTE]

I don't no with a core of Lester, Buccholz, Beckett, Lackey all returning adding a young gun like Jackson to the backend would be a very good move if Doubront returns to form I'd take my chances with that rotation...

In pen we have Bard, Morales, Albers, Jenks and Aceves all returning...So adding Lopez and say Madson to that group wouldn't hurt my feelings. I'd even take a flyer on Broxton...

Say if let Papi walk and we sign Cuddeyar to pay RF along with Ibanez we'd have far better flexibility and depth...

CF Ells
    2B Pedrioa
    1B Gonzalez
    3B Youk
    LF Crawford
    RF Cuddeyar
    DH Ibanez
    c  Saltalamaccia
    SS Scutaro