Free Payroll...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Free Payroll...

In Response to Re: Free Payroll...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Payroll... : Moon...Upton is hitting .273 in the National League against weaker pitching...I would prefer keeping a post-surgery Crawford for one more year to see if he could begin to earn his pennies....He looked good to me in his brief tour at Fenway playing with that injured elbow to boot...The Red Sox are going to have trouble signing top tier free agents because  of all the controversy that has gone down...To me this looks like an owner cutting his losses while fantasy trades dance in the heads of RSN...The amazing  duo of Ciriaco and Middlebrooks notwithstanding, I think the Red Sox will be rebuilding for far longer than its post-2004 WS fanbase is likely to tolerate...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

1. The NL deosn't have "weaker pitching." They have pitching that cannot be directly compared to the AL due to the lack of a DH.

2. Ryan Lavarnway is hittling like .110 and everyone had to have him.  I know Lavarnway has "potential", but he is also older than Upton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I love this notion that the NL is weak.
    They've won the last two World Series and the last three All-Star games.
    The nonsense that NL players can't hit Al pitching is equally laughable.
    Miguel Carbrera, Prince Fielder, Albert Pulols, Jose Bautista, Josh Hamilton,
    Vlad Guerrero, and Adrian Gonzalez, among others, all prove that theory to be a total joke.
    Bautista was a journeyman in the NL, and Theo passed on claiming him from Pittsburgh! Fact.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I love this notion that the NL is weak. They've won the last two World Series and the last three All-Star games. The nonsense that NL players can't hit Al pitching is equally laughable. Miguel Carbrera, Prince Fielder, Albert Pulols, Jose Bautista, Josh Hamilton, Vlad Guerrero, and Adrian Gonzalez, among others, all prove that theory to be a total joke. Bautista was a journeyman in the NL, and Theo passed on claiming him from Pittsburgh! Fact.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

So Theo passed on him? What GM didn't?

Toronto acquired him for a catcher named Robinson Diaz, and most people thought Toronto gave up too much to get him.

At least give Epstein cerdit for his own Batuista story, which would be David Ortiz...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Payroll... : Montero just signed a long term extension and the Rays are not trading Shields to Boston, but as you mention, there ARE other options. 
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Brian McCann

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Payroll... : Look for young player FAs to sign, or short term deals from here on out.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Payroll... : Brian McCann
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Atlanta has a club option for $12M in 2013. They will keep him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Free Payroll... : Atlanta has a club option for $12M in 2013. They will keep him.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Or he will wind up in KC, like all ex-Braves do...