Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

FAT-CAT BECKETT'$ AND OWNERSHIP TOO !!!!   Beckett'$ will be gone after 4 innings and this will force a major shakeup of the roster..... Finally, "TRANSFORMATION"  !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

Yes, Bill, and a terrible start is actually the best thing that could happen to a fatally flawed roster. There is still time to make the big trade and demote and promote to and from the farm to get one of the wild cars. But if the Sox look fair to midland early, you can bet that the pipe dreamin of Ross and Sweeny as the patches to a blowout will keep riding the road until the wheel is bent and broken off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........

In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........:
    [QUOTE]Yes, Bill, and a terrible start is actually the best thing that could happen to a fatally flawed roster. There is still time to make the big trade and demote and promote to and from the farm to get one of the wild cars. But if the Sox look fair to midland early, you can bet that the pipe dreamin of Ross and Sweeny as the patches to a blowout will keep riding the road until the wheel is bent and broken off.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]  True Hank......  Our catchers are 2 for 20..... Lavarnway could be here by Monday.......  "Listen my children and you shall hear the midnight ride of the next Carlton Fisk"  !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Speaking of which, a little known story.  A small group of Kentuckians had set up a campsite in 1775 in what was basically wilderness.  When they heard by word of mouth what had happened at Lexington, that's what they named their campsite. 

Longfellow, who penned the words to Paul Revere's Ride, is the only American in Poet's Corner at Westminster Abbey. 

Hank continues to amaze with his fixation on the outfield while the pitching is clearly the biggest problem. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........": [QUOTE]Yes, Bill, and a terrible start is actually the best thing that could happen to a fatally flawed roster. There is still time to make the big trade and demote and promote to and from the farm to get one of the wild cars. But if the Sox look fair to midland early, you can bet that the pipe dreamin of Ross and Sweeny as the patches to a blowout will keep riding the road until the wheel is bent and broken off. Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE] More drivel and less baseball terminology. A common theme for a fatally deluted person.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........": More drivel and less baseball terminology. A common theme for a fatally deluted person.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE] Bosuejoe.... Thats not true... Hank/softy has a good view of Red Sox baseball....  He is "right on", a good 95% of the time !!   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

If Beckett is terrible today, how will that help force a roster makeover. He will have no value, other than bringing up a couple of guys from the minors, which may help, not a lot of options via trades.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on......... :   True Hank......  Our catchers are 2 for 20..... Lavarnway could be here by Monday.......  "Listen my children and you shall hear the midnight ride of the next Carlton Fisk"  !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, Lavarnway isn't off to a great start in Pawtucket either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Bill, there are reasons neither you nor Hank hold the position of General Manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........": More drivel and less baseball terminology. A common theme for a fatally deluted person.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

sorry, don't want to be the grammar police, but every time I see this word, I cringe. If it's not some sort of play on words, please choose either deluded, which is what I think you are implying, or diluted, which, while appropriate at times, doesn't make sense right now. 

sorry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on.........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday, 4/13/2012 a day that will live in imfamy as Red Sox Nation turns on......... : Bosuejoe.... Thats not true... Hank/softy has a good view of Red Sox baseball....  He is "right on", a good 95% of the time !!    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] If he is right 95% I am the king of France.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

Hey Hank, no worries about today. The Rays have never been nor will they ever be a contender. Hell, they could even put YOU on the mound today and the Rays will know that their bullpen will not be able to save them. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If the Sox had started 1-5 last year, they would be raising the WS flag over Fenway today. Tito would have signed a five year extension, and Theo would have been able to sign another FA bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

the under-acheivers on this team are untradeable, so you better start hoping they succeed and NOT fail.  Who would even consider taking Beckett and his contract??  The Sox are stuck with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

While I hope they turn it around, one cannot help but wonder when/if a major skake up could occur......

Beckett (and salary relief) for????????????????????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]the under-acheivers on this team are untradeable, so you better start hoping they succeed and NOT fail.  Who would even consider taking Beckett and his contract??  The Sox are stuck with him.
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, this is the team, for better or worse. The only thing management can do is work around the fringes of the roster. With the salary restraints JH has placed on team, this is basically it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Hank continues to amaze with his fixation on the outfield while the pitching is clearly the biggest problem. 

2012 Season Results:

Game 1 @ Detroit   3-2  Loss (No blame on pitching at all)
    Game 2 @ Detroit   10-0  Loss  (Pitching won't win this game)
    Game 3 @ Detroit 13-12 Loss (Typical one game inferior offense)
    Game 4 @ Toronto 4-2  Win (No blame on pitching)
    Game 5 @ Toronto 7-3  Loss (Wow 3 runs for great offense;)
    Game 6 @ Toronto  3-1 Loss (No blame on pitching at all)

3 runs (That aint gonna get it done with good pitching)
    0 runs (That aint gonna get it done with perfect pitching)
    2 runs (That aint gonna get it done with elite pitching)
    3 runs (That aint gonna get it done with good pitching)
    1 run (That aint gonna get it done with great pitching)

So, dim bulb, tell the readers how pitching is "the biggest problem" in 5 of the 6 games played! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]Hank continues to amaze with his fixation on the outfield while the pitching is clearly the biggest problem .   2012 Season Results: Game 1 @ Detroit   3-2  Loss (No blame on pitching at all) Game 2 @ Detroit   10-0  Loss  (Pitching won't win this game) Game 3 @ Detroit 13-12 Loss (Typical one game inferior offense) Game 3 @ Toronto 4-2  Win (No blame on pitching) Game 4 @ Toronto 7-3  Loss (Wow 3 runs for great offense;) Game 5 @ Toronto  3-1 Loss (No blame on pitching at all) 3 runs (That aint gonna get it done with good pitching) 0 runs (That aint gonna get it done with perfect pitching) 2 runs (That aint gonna get it done with elite pitching) 3 runs (That aint gonna get it done with good pitching) 1 run (That aint gonna get it done with great pitching) So, dim bulb, tell the readers how pitching is "the biggest problem" in 5 of the 6 games played! 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

you have to be one of the dumbest people i've ever met. your telling me aceves and melancon blow 3 saves in the first 3 games and pitching is not the problem. beckett lets up 5 home runs and pitching is not the problem?? clay only goes 5 innings and pitching is not the problem? next time you have a though.. just let it go

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, I gotta say.....and before Beckett gets shelled and I get ticked off.......That Opening Day Ceremony was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We are terrible with RISP and we haven't been clutch in the late innings with consistency.

On the topic of management, the only players I can really fault Theo for are Lugo, JD Drew, Lackey(biggest folly ever!)and Tito had every chance to get this team to the playoffs last year. He managed the bullpen poorly and it cost us. However, it's still the same people incharge with the purse strings. Things won't change, there will be bad signings in the future and more bad seasons. But, that colapse last year will sting and be remebered for a long time.

What this team needs is a kick in the pants by some young kids from the farm. If Salty and Shoppach are absolutely not doing anything to value their spot on the roster, then bring up Lavarnway. If Youk continues to decline rapidly, seriously how bad does he look on offspeed breaking pitches, give Middlebrooks a shot. Maybe Doubrant can show Beckett what a young kid can do. Beckett has such a competitive attitude, but it seems like he doesn't want to work for it, as if it's like hunting, he just walks on the mound and thinks he should be able to blow everyone away. The team is a mess and with injuries(Crawford, Dice-K, etc) it will be months until the 'real' team is together and can start playing together all the time.

With all this said, I still root for my team but I will boo individuals who deserve it. Beckett is coming close, for me, to a guy who is past his prime and riding a nice paycheck into retirement. Someone who has lost the passion that once made him a great pitcher when the moment counted the most. I know the Sox can make the playoffs, but management needs to focus on winning get past the old issues and make sure the players can still have fun but be responsible for the performance. This is baseball for god's sake, it's fun, but it's even more fun when the team is cohesive and working together, picking up another teammate knowing they'll do it for you the next game. I can only hope that this 'turning point' towards the future you speak of is more bright than the bleak outlook you have now.

Go SOX!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Look, "me moron", 

1 run per game in the first 2 games
    2 runs per game in the last 2 games

That aint cuttin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That accounts for two thirds of the losses! Get outa here with the whimpy "our problem is pitching" nonsense!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Beckett is still a very solid #2 pitcher.  He's not extremely likable or apolagetic, but he can still get guys out.  We need a good season from Beckett to make the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

So much for the prediction that Beckett will be out by the 4th.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett is still a very solid #2 pitcher.  He's not extremely likable or apolagetic, but he can still get guys out.  We need a good season from Beckett to make the playoffs.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

I like him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpapi. Show bpapi's posts

First: 8/6/2008
    Last: 4/13/2012

Once again blabbermouth Bill is wrong again . why don't you and hank try to cheer for the sox instead of picking them apart. losers like you two are the main reason i don't post.
     you have lots to say about nothing and nothing is all you know.
    FAT-CAT BECKETT'$ AND OWNERSHIP TOO !!!! Beckett'$ will be gone after 4 innings and this will force a major shakeup of the roster..... Finally, "TRANSFORMATION" !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts