Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey

Do you let Lackey start the 8th?  Pitch count not a problem.  Bard was throwing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Will Scut bunt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Guess not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]Do you let Lackey start the 8th?  Pitch count not a problem.  Bard was throwing.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

i doubt it in this heat, gale....over 100 pitches

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey : Reyes not coming. Mets said yesterday they aren't trading him.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    like the debt ceiling, its posturing for reyes likely aint re-signing there. riccardi and mets have been actively looking at the sox minor leaguers in the last week or so. clearly some discussion involving reyes is going on. we'll see..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Let's give it up for Lackey.  That's three good starts in a row.  Yeah, I know it's the Mariners, but still).  He's at 101 pitches.  Do you take him out and let Bard pitch the eighth or let him start the eighth?  Tough call.  I'd hand it over to Bard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Why don't they have Scooter-no bunt?!?   Tight game ... they needed a run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Guys, I have to branch off and discuss the Paw Sox.  Lavarnway is Major League ready and I think they have to seriously consider giving this guy a shot on the Big League club.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Do you let Lackey start the 8th?  Pitch count not a problem.  Bard was throwing.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]i dont think tito wants to risk being glared at if he has to come for the ball in the eigth.. so who do we play in 5 games when lack gives up 17 hits in 4 1/3 innings?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]Let's give it up for Lackey.  That's three good starts in a row.  Yeah, I know it's the Mariners, but still).  He's at 101 pitches.  Do you take him out and let Bard pitch the eighth or let him start the eighth?  Tough call.  I'd hand it over to Bard.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Pull the plug now.  Don't risk letting him blow the lead.  I'm not trying to be negative but they have to continue to build Lackey up, especially from the mental standpoint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Let's give it up for Lackey.  That's three good starts in a row.  Yeah, I know it's the Mariners, but still).  He's at 101 pitches.  Do you take him out and let Bard pitch the eighth or let him start the eighth?  Tough call.  I'd hand it over to Bard.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

It seems the fight woke him up joel

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]with u there. no real benefit in bringing him back in the 8th.  bard has the second longest scoreless streak since the immortal bobby stanley in 1980

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Els .... again .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Third straight good start since Sgt. Carter made his appearance. One more like this, and I might become a true believer. "Gawwwwwleeeeee."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Lets see if we can avoid the DP and actually get a run in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, I have to branch off and discuss the Paw Sox.  Lavarnway is Major League ready and I think they have to seriously consider giving this guy a shot on the Big League club.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    Where are you going to play him?  Only happens if one of our catchers goes down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

els & pedey, 2-man team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Ells needs to steal to eliminate that DP

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

FYI:  Lavarnway (AA + AAA) .320+   27 HR    74 RBI

AAA Alone:  .380    13 HR    36 RBI

You can't keep that down in the minors.  DL Varitek if you have to but get this guy up for a stint in the Majors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey : It seems the fight woke him up joel
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Hadn't thought of that, tcal.  I thought it was the bubble gum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey : Agreed. Third straight good start since Sgt. Carter made his appearance. One more like this, and I might become a true believer. "Gawwwwwleeeeee."
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]tells u how bad lack has been. third straight good start and his era is still well over 6. with 2 more great starts, he will be under 6. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Until this losing streak the Mariners were .500.  This is an excellent performance for Lackey against one of the best pitchers in the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey : Where are you going to play him?  Only happens if one of our catchers goes down.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Use a phantom injury on Varitek and let him take a mid-season breather.  Keep his legs fresh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: Mariners at Red Sox- Hernandez vs. Lackey : tells u how bad lack has been. third straight good start and his era is still well over 6. with 2 more great starts, he will be under 6. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

If he ends the season with a 5.00 ERA then I'd say that'd make for a pretty successful home stretch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

King Nothing