Friday Game Thread :Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread :Orioles at Red Sox

Ace 6 k's 2 innings, wow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread :Orioles at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Sox will lose it in this inning I think. I hope not but it just seems like it since they have squandered so many chances tonight. Very few clutch players on this team.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Nope. That would have to wait for at least one more inning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Come on. Win it this inning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Aceves is a SUPERSTAR CLOSER in the making!!!!!

Rubber arm to boot!   :)

After watching him soooo much last year, I still can't believe I honest to God didn't know the guy could bring he heat like he does!!!   When he mixes, he is NASTY!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread :Orioles at Red Sox : Nope. That would have to wait for at least one more inning.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Let's hope he was haf right.  Game ends this inning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]aceves could go 3. frankly i hope we sign mariano to close next year and put ace in   the rotation
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I wanted that all last year , as our starters repeatedly failed.  I think if Aceves was a starter , he would truly be the " Ace. "  Lester and Beckett do not have nearly as good stuff as Aceves.  Last year , it was Wakefield , Miller and Weiland starting , because Aceves was " too valuable " in long relief. I think that cost us the playoff spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Nasty!!!!   :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

AVILeeeeeees!   Goes DEEP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Getting the feeling that we are are finished scoring for the night.  The bullpen will be completely spent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Can anybody on this damm team hit theball out if the infield. I think my daughter's softball team could do a better job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Aviles can

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Nine runs in 31 innings, boy when this offense goes stone dead morgue cold they go ice cold. Do you realize that prior to the Oakland serires we won 6 o7 and hardly picked up any ground.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He could have uses his hand on that. Bad omen. Good bunt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Hope ace can hold them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Nine runs in 31 innings, boy when this offense goes stone dead morgue cold they go ice cold. Do you realize that prior to the Oakland serires we won 6 o7 and hardly picked up any ground.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Maddeningly streaky, aren't they? They get in these funks when they score like I did in high school.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When is  the last time a closer went three innings?  This game is going to hurt us for the next couple of days. We will have no bullpen. Might have been better off losing it in nine. Sox offense is sad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Put Markakis on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Nice play Will

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

BV over managing now IMO.  Why not let Aceves get out of it with two down?  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like the move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hope this move works but i doubt it.. u dont take out your closer in this situation!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

HEY!!!!  This is something to build on as a TEAM!  At least they do SOMETHING as a TEAM.........

Go COLD!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If I'm not mistaken , Mortensen is the only one left in the pen , and he went three innings on Wednesday.  We have six starters and six relievers. Might have been better to not activate Cook until tomorrow , and bring up another reliever for tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]BV over managing now IMO.  Why not let Aceves get out of it with two down?  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like the move.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    I agree, and I also hope I'm wrong. No idea why they're pitching to him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Like I said, good move to bring in Morales.

Sections
Shortcuts