Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Brutal. What a meatball that was.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Yes it was, but the ump is sort of forcing him to throw down the middle.  He's painted at least three pitches that were called balls.  Still, you can't throw middle middle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

Lester=chump

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

thats what you get when you don't attack hitters . make them hit the ball ---no free passes .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And the good news is that it's very early in the game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox": [QUOTE]And there's your Ace laying another EGG Still not stepping up - go ahead - argue all you want Or was it the ump's fault?  again? Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] He was Pretty much forced to throw it down the middle because anything on the corner is a ball. If that had been Dale Scott umping, no problem. His strike zone is a foot on each side of the plate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is , Lester has regressed as a pitcher. He is simply not as good as he used to be. Don't know why , but the guy is just no longer a dominant pitcher. Hard to figure out.

My take on it is that he was never all that good to begin with. Flashes of it, but never consistent. He padded his numbers against the sisters of the poor, and choked against a good team or in a pressure situation almost every time. If the Sox don't come back and win this game, they're in big trouble in this series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

With the bases loaded , the announcers will invariably say " there is no place to put this guy . "  Wrong. There is a place. If you walk him , you force in a run. If you throw a meatball down the middle , ............. you know the rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]The fact is , Lester has regressed as a pitcher. He is simply not as good as he used to be. Don't know why , but the guy is just no longer a dominant pitcher. Hard to figure out.

Lester was a product of Farrell. He hasn't been the same since he left. Think the pitching staff as a whole, have taken a step back since he left

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The best pitchers don't get rattled by the ump's strike calls. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

that's what I've been saying

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I hate that shift!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The best pitchers don't get rattled by the ump's strike calls. 

like i've been saying - he needs to GROW UP

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I guess it would be asking too much for Adrian Gonzalez to actually hit a home run? It seems so, because I couldn't finish typing this before he rolled out again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I hate that shift!
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

I think it should be outlawed, it's not right because players are out of position. Typical Madden crap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Here's the difference. Cobb is a guy just up from the minors, pitching in Fenway before a big crowd. Nobody ever heard of him. He comes out throwing strikes. Lester is the experienced starter , pitching at home. And he is pitching like a nervous rookie. Go figure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the difference. Cobb is a guy just up from the minors, pitching in Fenway before a big crowd. Nobody ever heard of him. He comes out throwing strikes. Lester is the experienced starter , pitching at home. And he is pitching like a nervous rookie. Go figure.

You've seen Lester for the last 2 years.  You should expect that by now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox : like i've been saying - he needs to GROW UP
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Been preaching it since 2008 Mitch, and no one on the team seems to notice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox : I think it should be outlawed, it's not right because players are out of position. Typical Madden crap.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I've thought the same, Exam. did you see pike called in on your thread?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox : Been preaching it since 2008 Mitch, and no one on the team seems to notice.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

So you do listen to me?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The shift is a good strategy. They use a zone defense in basketball. Multiple formations in football. It is up to the hitter to beat the shift. If you hit right into , it is your own fault. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hopefully now at least the front office will finally realize that Lester is what he is - a #3 man on a good team and not count on him to step up.  Therefore, they will need to go out and acquire a better starter so they can compete.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread: : Rays at Red Sox : You've seen Lester for the last 2 years.  You should expect that by now.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I'll be the first to tell you that I'm much more negative on the game threads this year than last. IMO they crapped the nest big time last year, and I'm no longer bent to give them the benefit of the doubt like I used to be. Lester has got to MAN UP and get it done or give the ball to someone who can. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]The shift is a good strategy. They use a zone defense in basketball. Multiple formations in football. It is up to the hitter to beat the shift. If you hit right into , it is your own fault. 
    And Ortiz and Gonzalez have shown the ability to go the opposite way.  I'm not suggesting that they can hit it wherever they want, but they can avoid dead pull hitting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Another meatball. I guess that one was the ump's fault , too.