Friday Game Thread Sox/O's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's

Crappy way to finish what was a pretty nice game. Wish Papi would have enough sense to have ignored Gregg.

Oh well ... one game up on the Yankees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Why? Was he in there mixing it up? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Well, if he was, most of us wouldn't mind him taking the hit for the team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

gnite all....strange win but a win is good ...

hope Beck's Knee is ok

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]evening folks...man, how did you guys escape that rain?...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

mother nature is a red sox fan jeteWink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Well, if he was, most of us wouldn't mind him taking the hit for the team. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]
    I was hoping he'd get suspended.Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Well, g'night, guys! A win is always great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Ortiz can probably kiss off the first two against TB after the break.   
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
     I guess he could appeal and delay it for a while. Too bad it didn't happen right before the interleague games. Would not have missed him as much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Looks like andrew pulled a hit and run on us.  Made that remark about Lackey and won't tell us why.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

what did Lackey do?  He was right there at the front of the line protecting his teammates..........And Scut single-handidly took Gregg out of the mix........What did Salty do to get booted?

Ortiz should not suspended......he was thrown at 3X and then Gregg instigated him..........ridiculous.......If you question if Gregg instigated him or not, then ask yourself why was Gregg immediately tossed before Ortiz even reacted?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Well, Ortiz can probably kiss off the first two against TB after the break.   
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, he could tie up the appeal long enough to get the Tampa series in. Prob'ly be a good idea to sit out a couple at Baltimore after that! That'd be what I'd shoot for if I was him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : I was hoping he'd get suspended.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

You do realize, of course, that I meant "taking the hit" figuratively. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : he was right in the middle of it joel.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, J.  I hope he threw a punch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like andrew pulled a hit and run on us.  Made that remark about Lackey and won't tell us why.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Thanks Joel, but once again, nice try........Would you like some ketchup on your shoe?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's :  I guess he could appeal and delay it for a while. Too bad it didn't happen right before the interleague games. Would not have missed him as much.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    I know, I was thinking the same thing!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]what did Lackey do?  He was right there at the front of the line protecting his teammates..........And Scut single-handidly took Gregg out of the mix........What did Salty do to get booted? Ortiz should not suspended......he was thrown at 3X and then Gregg instigated him..........ridiculous.......If you question if Gregg instigated him or not, then ask yourself why was Gregg immediately tossed before Ortiz even reacted?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

absolutely right andrew. the ump had his arm up, tossing gregg before ortiz headed out to the mound.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]what did Lackey do?  He was right there at the front of the line protecting his teammates..........And Scut single-handidly took Gregg out of the mix........What did Salty do to get booted? Ortiz should not suspended......he was thrown at 3X and then Gregg instigated him..........ridiculous.......If you question if Gregg instigated him or not, then ask yourself why was Gregg immediately tossed before Ortiz even reacted?
    Yeah, but throwing a punch (or attempting to) is an automatic suspension.  Maybe we'll find out that Lackey was hurt in the melee and can't pitch tomorrow.. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I did not some Lackey throw a punch but he was the first in line holding the pack away.........Gregg's got some serious issues and although I get that Ortiz should have considered walking away, if you don't stand up for yourselves and your teammates you will be walked all over by the other teams.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That may mitigate it a bit, but he will surely get at least two or three games.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : They ran really fast.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Joel,

Remember when you lamented reaching 5000 posts? It's EASY we gets in on when one gets in on these game threads....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Punches were actually thrown - Ortiz threw 2 punches and one half-landed.....just enough to knock his glasses off but not enough to inflict any damage.......Gregg missed Ortiz......I wasn't happy w/ Ortiz's technique; he needs to get into the ring for a bit and learn how to throw a punch from his shoulders - I was expecting him to pummel Gregg.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I did not some Lackey throw a punch but he was the first in line holding the pack away.........Gregg's got some serious issues and although I get that Ortiz should have considered walking away, if you don't stand up for yourselves and your teammates you will be walked all over by the other teams.....
    That is true. It is hard to walk away when provoked like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Yeah, but throwing a punch (or attempting to) is an automatic suspension.  Maybe we'll find out that Lackey was hurt in the melee and can't pitch tomorrow.. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

i predict lackey throws a good game tomorrow. he seems to be good every other and this will add fuel to the fire...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Thanks Joel, but once again, nice try........Would you like some ketchup on your shoe?

My bad.  You had two of us asking you what you were referring to with regard to Lackey, and you weren't answering so I assumed you'd left.