Friday Game Thread Sox/O's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's

francona press conference......beckett was taken out purely precautionary. put ice on his knee and he's fine

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

With CC, Ortiz needs to pull a George Scott - bear down his head (keep the helmet on) and drive right at CC's hips.....It's the best approach......CC has too much reach to throw jabs and you don't want to grab his legs because you could end up beneath him.....Mid Section - Kamamakazi-style with all your weight - and get your left shoulder in there.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : i predict lackey throws a good game tomorrow. he seems to be good every other and this will add fuel to the fire.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I agree (gulp). It's time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Joel,    Remember when you lamented reaching 5000 posts? It's EASY we gets in on when one gets in on these game threads....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and with so many inane posts by me it'll be 10,000 before I know it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

JBAY - Remy already explained that during the game - It was the COORS LIGHT FREEZE FRAME MOMEMENT..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's OK...Didnt' you guys watch the replays?  Lackey was right there...I always check to see who is first out there and Lackey stood out....He's a big boy w/ a short fuse; if he can't help on the mound he better do what he can in other aspects......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Love how ESPN is painting this as though Papi is the one that instigated it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'll watch it again later on NESN.  I was watching the O's broadcast and was focusing on Wieters and the ball and wondering why Reddick wasn't scoring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

ron johnson and papelbon were right in the mix also....glad beckett was long gone when it broke out or he would have been in the middle of it also

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]It's OK...Didnt' you guys watch the replays?  Lackey was right there...I always check to see who is first out there and Lackey stood out....He's a big boy w/ a short fuse; if he can't help on the mound he better do what he can in other aspects......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I'm lying prone on the floor, pounding my fist into the carpet just BEGGING for the moment that John Lackey gets permanently and perpetually TICKED at everyone and everything and goes lights out for two months. Could it happen? (don't answer that....)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ortiz is known throughout the game as a good guy. Nothing would have happened if Gregg had kept his mouth shut. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]francona press conference......beckett was taken out purely precautionary. put ice on his knee and he's fine
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Now there's some good news.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If Lackey gets too fired up, he will wind up drilling somebody and starting another brawl.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I just wish SOMETHING would get Lackey fired up!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

gregg blaming ortiz.... not scared of red sox and their 180 million dollar payroll. showalter told him to make them uncomfortable at the plate. salty said he has no clue why he was ejected, he ran from the bullpen.

youk added to all star game to replace Arod

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

ESPN are a bunch of hacks.....does anyone even watch that channel anymore? 
    Absolutely no analysis or understanding of the details - or common sense - to think that Ortiz instigated that....He held he ground after being thrown at 2X........he had to let Gregg know he wasn't happy w/ the first 2....the 3rd one is well, strike 3........and after he popped up it was a typical can a corn; if pitchers yelled at players for not running after popping up we'd have 5 brawls a game........After the pop up the incident was over as far as Ortiz was concerned..Gregg did his job - backed him off the plate and got him out.....But that wasn't enough for Gregg........That's why the entire incident is on Gregg........So who do the Sox go after now if anyone at all?  I have no beef w/ anyone other than Gregg.........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah, make him uncomfortable.  I get it.  Hold your ground if Ortiz comes out.  I get that too.  But not ending it after the pop up?  Gregg's got some serious issues and is 100% responsible for the aftermath.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

did anyone else watch te interview with gregg on ESPN. hes a tool. He takes offence to every run scored against the team......Maybe your team shouldnt suck as much as they do, then they wouldnt get lit up....... He also doesnt understand wats so wrong with telling papi to run to first. It really doesnt matter tho te team sucks and is a joke to the AL east

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

how about instead of throwing at players you strike out the side....except you probably lack the ability to

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Beckett press conference......said he's done this before and doc said will be fine. no pain, just felt a pull when he landed. scared him, so they took him out, but it was precautionary and should be fine in a few days, doesn't expect to miss his side session

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]...And why on Earth did Papi swing at a 3-0 pitch which was not even in the zone????
    Posted by Cuthbertallbad[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was in the zone, perhaps a tad up, but Papi swung because he wanted to go deep. I told my son as we were watching the game, Papi will swing at this pitch no matter where it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am leaning towards preferring him not go to the AS game.......have him well rested and ready to go Friday night..........