Friday Game Thread Sox/O's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's

Come on.  Let's get this thing moving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Because Murdoch's WSJ ain't free, here is an article on Josh (vs the link)
    After a stretch of inconsistent seasons, Boston Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett appears to have entered a career renaissance. If he continues with his current form, Beckett has the chance to complete a historic turnaround.
    Beckett currently owns a 2.12 ERA, despite compiling an unsightly 5.78 mark in 2010. The improvement of 3.66 would be the third-best ERA dropoff from one season to the next in the history of modern baseball, among all pitchers who threw at least 100 innings in each year. (Beckett is scheduled to pitch Friday at home against Baltimore.)

Beckett is chasing a record currently held by Hall-of-Famer Lefty Grove, who put up a 6.50 ERA for the Red Sox in an injury-plagued 1934 season. He rebounded in 1935, going 20-12 with an AL-leading 2.70 ERA. For Beckett to surpass Grove, he'd have to lower his ERA to a miniscule 1.97. To pass Butch Henry for the second-best mark, he would need to lower his ERA to a more manageable 2.08.

Beckett's sudden dominance coincides with his improved health (he has been on the disabled list 13 times since 2002). He made 21 starts last year and won just six games—one fewer than he already has this season. Though he was recently sidelined with a bout of the flu, Beckett has remained injury-free in 2011.

Interestingly, Beckett is having his best season at the time the Red Sox seemed to have lost faith in him. He entered the year as Boston's No. 4 starter—after starting on opening day the previous two years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Wow , i kno pitchers get all the time they need to warm up due to injury but they r really milking it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

The pitcher looked like he said he was ready 5 min ago

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Three more outs and it's official.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : yoshima! CHEAT WITH ME!!!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Hit a home run and we'll talk :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Shouldn't have a problem getting 5 in. Looking at the weather ap on my ipod, believe it or not there is rain to the north and big time to the south but there's a corridor of no rain parallel to the direction the storm is moving, and it's on a direct line for Boston. It's wierd, kind of like the storm has split in two when it hit Fenway! It'll rain eventually, but no problem making it official.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's not get careless, Josh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Oh brother, now what?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Hit a home run and we'll talk :)
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]
    I'M GETTING MY CLEATS OUT AND CALLING THEO RIGHT NOW.. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Holding my breath.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm not ashamed to tell you that my heart dropped all the way to my backside when Don said "looks like there's something wrong with Beckett." Sheeessh....That was too close, or at least LOOKED too close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Josh! That was scary!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

JUST HEARD GREAT BECKS STAT: he's given up 5 hits or less in 9 straight starts. coincidentally, he 's at 5 hits against these lowly o's. hopefully its his last inning!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is starting to get interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Be done with it already Josh. The closer they get the greater the chance the umpires will be pressured to restart the game if rain comes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Josh losing it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Game official: 4.5 innings w/ home team ahead. 5 full w/ home team behind. 
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

Thanks dawg ...had a blonde moment.  Or senior... or both ...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now Vlad. Great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread Sox/O's : Hit a home run and we'll talk :)
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beckett not sharp, at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Guys, is it my imagination or does Francona and that bunch look worried as they're watching Beckett? If he comes out after this inning I hope it's because of the conditions and not something else. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Once Josh gets through this, I tell him he's done. Let Aceves attempt to finish it. With the field conditions and our other injured starting pitchers, we can't lose Josh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Would not be surprised if that is all for Josh, tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

it's official!!!