Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller

In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller:
    [QUOTE]If the Yanks can come back from 7-1 to win 22-9 we can do this too!
    Posted by Cain-Reaction[/QUOTE]
    Memo to Cain.... YOU ARE NOT THE YANKEES.... as much as you want to pretend...as much as you want to Think... YOU ARE NOT THE YANKEES
    You might be the Florida Marlins, heck they have won two W.S. in the Last 15 Years.. You might even be the Twins, they have won Two W.S in the last 25 years.  But do not get confused, YOU ARE NOT THE YANKEES.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : Well, I guess I agree sort of in principle, but the trouble is no game exists in a vacuum. What happened last night may effect other games. Momentum, confidence, who you play next, and al that go into it. I was upset about that game last night because I see a lot of other problems cropping up out of it. It didn't take any genius to figure Miller was gonna get killed by Texas this time. Since we lost last night, not only do NYY have more confidence, we may have a little less, and no cushion to keep first place if/when Miller does what he did. Negativity about a first place team? Yeah, somewhat, but you can't forget that we Sox fans have the only first place team that's being chased by another team 29 games over .500 called New York Yankees. We're negative because there is no room for error--we aren't being chased by the White Sox and Indians.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]Honestly if the RS confidence was so fragile that losing that game last night dented it, it would have been crushed back in April with the 2-10 start.

That game shook fan confidence not the players. If momentum really existed in baseball the NYY would have been AL champions in 2004.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : BTW exam, cain is not chain. alias of a nyy fan
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    J, Take it easy. You are a great Sox fan. This is a rough game. Relax and have a little fun with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Look we are home and this team is capable of scoring 6 runs there is a long way to go.
    Posted by Cain-Reaction[/QUOTE]

Absolutely C-R.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Just came in from working outside. As Steve MqQueen said in the Sand Pebbles in 1965 at the end when he was dyiny, "What the hell happened".  Knew Millier could not catch ligtening twice in a bottle against Texas. That is why last nights game was crucial. Hate to admit it but we could be looking back at the Yankees tonight. Anyone figure out Tito's move of using Dan Wheeler in the 9th instaed of the 7th last night when Aceves did not have his best stuff and he let him go out there for a second inning ?
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Sand Pebbles!   GREAT movie!   Just saw it again last year :)

They just don't make 'em like Steve McQueen anymore!!!   :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Red Sox line up is scary. With guys like Lowrie, DMac and Jackson. Great bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stealing with a 6-0 lead???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]There are a few posters who never show up with any useful comments , but when the Sox are losing , they suddenly show up to spout their negative remarks...... On the other hand , there are a few who rarely offer any input on the game in progress , but suddenly show up to criticize others for excessive negativity. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I post what's on my mind, reflective of what's happening on the field--good, bad, or indifferent. Tonight=bad so far. I don't break down and completely rip the team and everyone on it, but I'm also not going to post that I think we will win this game and everything will be great. We probably won't, it's mathematically unlikely--that's just realisitic man. If it happens, wonderful, but I won't hold my breath. I think we fans sometimes need to be reminded of the fact that our belief one way or the other has no bearing on what happens on the field--unless you're at the park actually cheering, and then only maybe. Execution on the field is what wins games, and we aren't seeing that tonight. Maybe tommorow, but not so far tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

give thanks to softy he said to get rid of wake and let these young pitchers take over.wake was holding them back.well now what?Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That golf tournament sounds really exciting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Do the Sox have any hits off this so-so pitcher?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE] give thanks to softy he said to get rid of wake and let these young pitchers take over.wake was holding them back.well now what?
    Posted by canetime[/QUOTE]
    It's all softy's fault.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

For what it's worth.......

Red Sox Fans have long been known for our "negative, pessimistic, etc." attitudes!  ESPECIALLY in the moment!  WELL.....   That's who we are!  Those, from other cities, just don't get it.  They FOOLISHLY :) focus on the big picture, & refuse to acknowledge the impending doom knocking at the door at any given moment.

Coming from an Irish Catholic Boston family, I will also say that it is distinctly an Irish (OK... Plus Italian) characteristic.  WE come from long lines of over-reactors!  Get over it!  We refer to it as RECREATIONAL BITCHING :)  It's cathartic!  Give it a try!   Or... as my Boston IIItalian brethren would say........
    Faagetaboutit!

So...... Feel free to biiiiiiiiitch!  Let's have a little fun!  :)

Wadaya think ya betta than ya faatha!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

well,maybe he was thinking bowden.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : I post what's on my mind, reflective of what's happening on the field--good, bad, or indifferent. Tonight=bad so far. I don't break down and completely rip the team and everyone on it, but I'm also not going to post that I think we will win this game and everything will be great. We probably won't, it's mathematically unlikely--that's just realisitic man. If it happens, wonderful, but I won't hold my breath. I think we fans sometimes need to be reminded of the fact that our belief one way or the other has no bearing on what happens on the field--unless you're at the park actually cheering, and then only maybe. Execution on the field is what wins games, and we aren't seeing that tonight. Maybe tommorow, but not so far tonight.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    I pretty much do the same thing.  Some of these games can get very tense. Have to have a little fun with it sometimes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : J, Take it easy. You are a great Sox fan. This is a rough game. Relax and have a little fun with it.

gale,  if anyone has something to say, have the balls to say it as yourself. the aliases are BS and weak. the fans of one team who pretend to be another is pathetic and posting at its worst

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]For what it's worth....... Red Sox Fans have long been known for our "negative, pessimistic, etc." attitudes!  ESPECIALLY in the moment!  WELL.....   That's who we are!  Those, from other cities, just don't get it.  They FOOLISHLY :) focus on the big picture, & refuse to acknowledge the impending doom knocking at the door at any given moment. Coming from an Irish Catholic Boston family, I will also say that it is distinctly an Irish (OK... Plus Italian) characteristic.  WE come from long lines of over-reactors!  Get over it!  We refer to it as RECREATIONAL BITCHING :)  It's cathartic!  Give it a try!   Or... as my Boston IIItalian brethren would say........ Faagetaboutit! So...... Feel free to biiiiiiiiitch!  Let's have a little fun!  :) Wadaya think ya betta than ya faatha!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely. Don't know why some so called " real fans " take offense at what is a natural reaction to the game situation. Negative comments and pessimism do not make anyone any less of a fan. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : gale,  if aanyone has something to say, have the balls to say it as yourself. the aliases are BS and weak. the fans of one team who pretend to be another is pathetic and posting at its worst
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    J, I can't even keep up with all of the aliases around here. See all kind of strange names popping up. I don't even try to figure it out. Why worry about it? There is no telling what motivates some folks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

[QUOTE]For what it's worth....... Red Sox Fans have long been known for our "negative, pessimistic, etc." attitudes!  ESPECIALLY in the moment!  WELL.....   That's who we are!  Those, from other cities, just don't get it.  They FOOLISHLY :) focus on the big picture, & refuse to acknowledge the impending doom knocking at the door at any given moment. Coming from an Irish Catholic Boston family, I will also say that it is distinctly an Irish (OK... Plus Italian) characteristic.  WE come from long lines of over-reactors!  Get over it!  We refer to it as RECREATIONAL BITCHING :)  It's cathartic!  Give it a try!   Or... as my Boston IIItalian brethren would say........ Faagetaboutit! So...... Feel free to biiiiiiiiitch!  Let's have a little fun!  :) Wadaya think ya betta than ya faatha!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I am proud of my low Red Sox emotional intelligence. It provides me a good opportunity to see who I really am. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : Honestly if the RS confidence was so fragile that losing that game last night dented it, it would have been crushed back in April with the 2-10 start. That game shook fan confidence not the players. If momentum really existed in baseball the NYY would have been AL champions in 2004.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree, that's sort of my point. We aren't players, we're fans. Our confidence one way or another doesn't really matter. The players clearly are not as up and down as we are. But, baseball is the most mental of the team sports, so you can't really say that there's no momentum at all. What makes it a little different is that you can take momentum back from your opponent if you are mentally tougher, not just if you pound him like in football. Mental toughness leads to better physical execution, which leads to victories. Since BB is so mental, it takes more discipline to do this probably than in other sports. 2004 is very difficult to explain, it's an anomale where numerous factors came together to produce something extraordinary that may not ever happen again in MLB. Things usually don't happen that way--like trailing 7-0 to another first place team in the middle innings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Youk just a little rusty from the D.L.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : Absolutely. Don't know why some so called " real fans " take offense at what is a natural reaction to the game situation. Negative comments and pessimism do not make anyone any less of a fan. 

Right. If I'm ticked, I'm ticked and I'll post about it. I'll do it clean, I won't cuss and hit below the belt, but I'll post it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Do the Sox know this is not an off-day?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Game Thread:Rangers at Red Sox-Holland vs. Miller : J, I can't even keep up with all of the aliases around here. See all kind of strange names popping up. I don't even try to figure it out. Why worry about it? There is no telling what motivates some folks.

I dont worry at all about it, gale. I was brought up to be honest and have integrity. To pretend to be someone you're not, even on the internet, is the lowest of the low